tModLoader Where's My Items

Is there ever a chance you'll let us set whether we want that Needs-an-NPC-nearby feature? Cause in my main world, I keep all of my chests near the world's spawn point, but the majority of my NPCs live in a mountain I hollowed out and converted, some ways off to the west. And how close does the NPC have to be, because I've also spread those chests out a ways to make them slightly easier to navigate.

Is there ever a chance you'll let us set whether we want that Needs-an-NPC-nearby feature? Cause in my main world, I keep all of my chests near the world's spawn point, but the majority of my NPCs live in a mountain I hollowed out and converted, some ways off to the west. And how close does the NPC have to be, because I've also spread those chests out a ways to make them slightly easier to navigate.
Maybe. I might let all chests near spawn work automatically for now.

That would be really cool! I dunno, for some reason it felt ugly to have chests all over the town I'm building, especially as it's WIP and I'm moving whole rooms around from time to time. Picking up and moving chests -- and the interim temporary storage of their whole contents -- just doesn't appeal to me ^_^ So since the world's start point is a convenient place to return to, that's where the chests all are :)

Come to think of it, none of the worlds I've made have had the chests and the NPCs in the same place. Some were *near*, ish, but I'm not sure how near an NPC has to be in order for your mod to work.

Besides, if I wanted to cheat to find chests in the world, I'd use TEdit to find specific items in chests. {And believe me, when I was scouring my jungles for a Staff of Regrowth, I was sorely tempted.} There's really not a lot of cheat potential in this mod compared to other existing options.

Does this work with tmodloader version 10.1? I'm using 10.0.2 and want to know if I can safely update.

Amazingly nifty mod here. Probably the most useful out of all the other utility mods I have installed.

I've just updated this mod today, and enabling it seems to break OmniSwing. Disabling the mod makes OmniSwing work again. Not sure when the latest update was released, but the previous version worked fine.

I've just updated this mod today, and enawabling it seems to break OmniSwing. Disabling the mod makes OmniSwing work again. Not sure when the latest update was released, but the previous version worked fine.
We did just release an update ~7 hours ago, which adds support for bank tiles (e.g. piggy banks placed in the world etc.) and improves the way items are displayed in peeks (animated items now work and the number of items in a stack is displayed too). But (weirdly) this new version appears to limit the amount of time a player can use any given tool/ weapon, which stops auto swinging as well as things like yoyos from working. Thank you for making us aware of this bug - we'll endeavour to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Last edited:
Hey Jopo theres a weird glitch with the new updae you put out where any kind of auto-swing doesn't work whether it be a pickaxe or a weapon like the terrablade or any bows, i hope in a future patch this gets fixed, thanks man!
[doublepost=1533219751,1533219542][/doublepost]
Hey Jopo theres a weird glitch with the new updae you put out where any kind of auto-swing doesn't work whether it be a pickaxe or a weapon like the terrablade or any bows, i hope in a future patch this gets fixed, thanks man!
its gonna suck not being able to use the mod until its fixed its so good!

We did just release an update ~7 hours ago, which adds support for bank tiles (e.g. piggy banks placed in the world etc.) and improves the way items are displayed in peeks (animated items now work and the number of items in a stack is displayed too). But (weirdly) this new version appears to limit the amount of time a player can use any given tool/ weapon, which stops auto swinging as well as things like yoyos from working. Thank you for making us aware of this bug - we'll endeavour to get this fixed as soon as possible.
[doublepost=1533219751,1533219542][/doublepost]
its gonna suck not being able to use the mod until its fixed its so good!
I'll look into it, in the mean time you can downgrade by downloading 0.3.1 from here: https://github.com/JavidPack/WheresMyItems/releases

I seem to be freezing randomly? I have found that after about 2 days of playtime it generally happens to fix itself if i use torches, magic weapons, and throwing weapons. However, it does also have a pattern, and that is whenever i place more than (5?) torches at a time. Otherwise, it will freeze me on random, and I've lost a few boss fights due to this. Just wanted to alert you of this bug and see if you could fix it.
Heres my mods folder: https://vgy.me/NOukOn.png

Back
Top Bottom