PC Which weapon do you prefer to use for the Mechs?

Blade vs Sanguine

• Blade Staff

Votes: 16 72.7%
  • Sanguine Staff

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you prefer farming queen slime for the blade staff, or farming dreadnautilus for the sanguine staff?
Farming queen slime requires me to go to the underground hallow, spend 5 min looking for gelatin crystals and then fight her. And obtain the blade staff, if not repeat what said before.

Farming dreadnautilus requires me to either wait for a natural bloodmoon or use a bloody tear (which you always don’t), then u go to the ocean and fish which while doing so you either have something to cover you while fishing or it will be really annoying to deal with the bloodmoon enemies, then pray to fish the nautilus, if u can’t fish it up in time and u lose the bloodmoon repeat everything above, if yes then u fight it and manage to defeat it, if u die to it then repeat everything above. If everything goes well you get ur sanguine staff.

In a nutshell I prefer blade staff 🦀🦀🦀.

Blade staff, higher dps with the right gear and much more convenient to acquire. Plus it's dreadful farming dreadnautilus.

I think we all know what I chose.

BUT... ITS MORE COMPLICATED THEN THAT. you see Blade staff needs whip stacking too be good. And because of the nature of worm bosses such as destroyer they struggle. Since destroyer is made up of segments which are considered their own thing and is consistently moving. Whip stack won't work hence blade staff is worse for it. So sanguine is your play. Or you can go wit a hybrid setup(ex: blade staff and melee weapon).

For the twins both are viable. The only thing you got to watch out is when spaz is puking cursed flames. your whips are just out of range to tag him while doing that. I will recommend you use bananarang / dart gun while hes doing that.

Skelly is nothing to worry about bot fare well.

But the last thing is obtainability. Blade staff can easily be obtained at the start of hard mode with a aby and fire cracker whip stacking.

while sanguine is a whole different story. Use a bloody tear if you have one. Then fish. and get a 1 in 5 chance of fishing up the naughtilist. Then beat the dread noughtilist in the time u have left. ALL WHILE DEALING WITH EVERY POSSIBLE ZOMBIE KNOW TO MAN. You cant just seal your self in a box because when you fish the naughtlist/any other enemy if your stuck in a box your dead.If you fail you either need to wait again for a blood moon or be lucky enough to get another tear(2.2% chance)

Thats why I say go for the blade staff.

PSA: you can use both these weapons easily at plantera too.

Last edited:
I think we all know what I chose.

BUT... ITS MORE COMPLICATED THEN THAT. you see Blade staff needs whip stacking too be good. And because of the nature of worm bosses such as destroyer they struggle. Since destroyer is made up of segments which are considered their own thing and is consistently moving. Whip stack won't work hence blade staff is worse for it. So sanguine is your play. Or you can go wit a hybrid setup(ex: blade staff and melee weapon).

For the twins both are viable. The only thing you got to watch out is when spaz is puking cursed flames. your whips are just out of range to tag him while doing that. I will recommend you use bananarang / dart gun while hes doing that.

Skelly is nothing to worry about bot fare well.

But the last thing is obtainability. Blade staff can easily be obtained at the start of hard mode with a aby and fire cracker whip stacking.

while sanguine is a whole different story. Use a bloody tear if you have one. Then fish. and get a 1 in 5 chance of fishing up the naughtilist. Then beat the dread noughtilist in the time u have left. ALL WHILE DEALING WITH EVERY POSSIBLE ZOMBIE KNOW TO MAN. You cant just seal your self in a box because when you fish the naughtlist/any other enemy if your stuck in a box your dead.If you fail you either need to wait again for a blood moon or be lucky enough to get another tear(2.2% chance)

Thats why I say go for the blade staff.

PSA: you can use both these weapons easily at plantera too.
Idk why, but I've always found the blade to be great for destroyer

Sanguine staff's difficulty to obtain is a bit overstated imo, sure it's rare to fish him up (make sure to have chum caster and sonar potion) but the fight itself is similar in difficulty to (if not easier than) queen slime, plus the staff is a 100% drop compared to blades' 25%. Maybe put some walls (or a lava floor) in your arena to prevent enemies from spawning. Before the change to the dash attack, dreadnautilus was quite dumb though (since the only reasonable way to beat the fight was cheesing in a box).

As for how they do on the mech bosses, I don't really prefer one or the other, they both do equally well against the mech bosses (minus destroyer). Against destroyer, sanguine staff is better, but if you prefer blade staff you can actually use Abigail on the fight (with firecracker ofc) and get similar performance to sanguine staff. For plantera, they are both solid options, but optic staff is actually the best option. Optic staff is also probably the best summon for skeletron prime if you have it (though not destroyer, since retinamini no longer pierces).

NEVER. BLADE STAFF IS MORE ICONIC/ SEXY
Gonna have to agree with this, Blade Staff is way cooler, if not only for the fact that it uses Local immunity frames; Spazminis do not and it makes me very upset.

That said, I like the Bats more than either. They're perfectly consistent and don't rely on whips to deal appreciable damage, so I always have them on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom