Why is Duke Fishron considered an Endgame Boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilura

Terrarian
To me, Duke Fishron is actually as easy as the Twins or the Dungeon Guardian. All I have to do is move in one direction (and flip gravity regularly) and he can't do anything to me.

I'm sure everything changes when you bother making piles of gravitation potions for your fights. Not everyone enjoys this style.
Hmmm....

So they will increase the difficulty of this particular bossfight by a LOT by not choosing to use the one item that will make the boss unable to hurt you?

That is like insisting on staying within Spazmatism's cursed fire range.

I guess since I can't play on the highest resolution it's harder for me to keep my distance because I wouldn't be able to see him.

And technically duke fishron is the most powerful boss... He just isn't surrounded by a bunch of other enemies and he doesn't require you to kill him about 50 times in 9 minutes to actually get a reward

I believe that he officially is a pre-mech boss. He might be considered endgame because he is a big cyan ball of projectile-spam, though.
Hmmm....
So they will increase the difficulty of this particular bossfight by a LOT by not choosing to use the one item that will make the boss unable to hurt you?
That is like insisting on staying within Spazmatism's cursed fire range.
I don't get what's so weird with increasing difficulty. But if you like your boss fights without any challenge, then I am OK with that.

I could use gravitation potions. I don't because I feel it's a waste of time. The fights are not that hard anyway and I prefer to dodge the attacks normally. I'll only bother with gravitation potions if I try to take down the Dungeon Guardian, but I also have little patience for that.

The Duke is one of the fastest bosses, and does a whopping 100 to 150 damage on contact. Also, he has the second highest health, being beaten by the multi target Destroyer. He drops end game loot for every damage class. Answer your question?

And FYI, Every boss is easy if you cheese them Try fighting the Duke with a Mega Shark and no asphalt, or the Golem with a weapon that doesn't wall hack and use no traps.

Tell me that it's still easy without cheesing them.

In that case, every boss is easy if you have an autofarm. Oh look, I can beat every boss at the same time without touching the flipping keyboard. Beat that!

I could use gravitation potions. I don't because I feel it's a waste of time. The fights are not that hard anyway and I prefer to dodge the attacks normally. I'll only bother with gravitation potions if I try to take down the Dungeon Guardian, but I also have little patience for that.
So why are they 'endgame'?
[DOUBLEPOST=1414943007][/DOUBLEPOST]
I fought him with Crystal Storm and no arena.
[DOUBLEPOST=1414943030][/DOUBLEPOST]
On my PC char I've never beaten him... but I've got wave 15 pumpkin moon and frost moon.
Gravity Potions.
[DOUBLEPOST=1414943085][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you use the gravity potion to fight duke fishron, you have no room to talk. It's like using performance enhancing drugs to play sports.
If you use an arena to fight the Destroyer, Plantera, Golem, or any of the other bosses or events, you have no room to talk. It is like using a Jetpack to play sports.

If you can take on Fishron and the Dungeon Guardian with the same amount of ease,which is apparently a Crystal Storm and no arena, good for you. Not ALL players are that good though. I fight Fishron with a flat stretch of asphalt, Vampire Knives and, a Flairon (which I got after grinding Fishron). Every boss in this game has a different difficulty level for every player of the game. Also they can all be cheesed pretty easily with Gravity Potions, as long as your stomach is strong enough to handle all that flipping kek.

Gravity Potions have been considered the most overpowered item in the game since they got introduced and chance is this will never change unless a boss that kills all your buffs will pop up, which I seriously hope will happen. If bosses had to be balanced to be an actual challenge using gravity potions, no one would be able to fight then without (Reborn mod had its bosses balanced that way and they were ridicolously next to unbeatable under normal conditions with undodgeable projectiles that could only be avoided by exploiting diagonal speed using gravity potions and such bull:red:s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom