Why is torch luck a mechanic?

Torch luck, and luck as a whole, is simply flawed. I posted an entire extensive rant about it on the subreddit a while back. It’s basically “Let’s make a secret mechanic, influenced by strange variables, that nobody would learn about without specific research, and can effect drop rates and the like by over 10%”. It’s simply not a system that fits with a game like Terraria, and beyond that it’s just poorly implemented.

I dropped the subject after negative torch luck was changed in 1.4.0.3, since after that I had no reason to bother with it, but I still strongly dislike the system.

Torch luck, and luck as a whole, is simply flawed. I posted an entire extensive rant about it on the subreddit a while back. It’s basically “Let’s make a secret mechanic, influenced by strange variables, that nobody would learn about without specific research, and can effect drop rates and the like by over 10%”. It’s simply not a system that fits with a game like Terraria, and beyond that it’s just poorly implemented.

I dropped the subject after negative torch luck was changed in 1.4.0.3, since after that I had no reason to bother with it, but I still strongly dislike the system.
Everyone has their opinion. Luck as a whole isn't really that necessary, and you can easily live without caring about it. You actually have to go out of your way to have negative luck, since you'll mostly fluctuate around 0 luck.

Back
Top Bottom