PC Why won't this tree grow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueCorvid

Terrarian
treeeeee.png

At first I thought it was the fence but I removed it and it still won't grow? Am I just super unlucky or is there something wrong here?

Did you try to go somewhere else and come back yet? because you have to be off screen in order to grow. and maybe remove those furniture might help?

Last edited:
Acorn trees need two-blocks cleared on each side, not one. Try removing the statue and fences on the side.

The fences are fine. The only background tile that's checked is the one immediately behind the base of the sapling. The bench and the statue are too close though. They need to be removed until the tree grows, and then they can be put back.

The fences are fine. The only background tile that's checked is the one immediately behind the base of the sapling. The bench and the statue are too close though. They need to be removed until the tree grows, and then they can be put back.

I thought fences allowed trees. (Though they never seem to stop monsters, for me.) There's this line in the wiki...
1.2.4.1: Fixed bug where trees won't grow behind biome Wooden Fences.
...which seems to imply that at one point trees wouldn't grow behind (behind???) them, and this was a bug which is now fixed, but the rest of the page doesn't mention anything about whether trees will grow with fences behind them. I thought they only needed one tile of clearance on each side to grow -- that's usually how I grow groups of trees, with one tile clearance on each side. Weird.

It grew! But...
treeeeeeeeee.png

This is a :red: tree. I demand a refund.

I thought fences allowed trees. (Though they never seem to stop monsters, for me.) There's this line in the wiki...

Actually, you're right. They do. I did a test with all 9 fence types, and saplings grew in front of all of them. Other wall types though (including glass and stained glass) stop trees from growing if they're immediately behind the sapling.

I'd suggest you pull the Dryad aside and have a word with her. I think she owes you a free acorn.

...which seems to imply that at one point trees wouldn't grow behind (behind???) them, and this was a bug which is now fixed, but the rest of the page doesn't mention anything about whether trees will grow with fences behind them. I thought they only needed one tile of clearance on each side to grow -- that's usually how I grow groups of trees, with one tile clearance on each side. Weird.

It grew! But...
treeeeeeeeee.png

This is a :red: tree. I demand a refund.

In all seriousness, maybe if you branched out to some other plants you could get to the root of the problem. You just gotta beleaf in your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom