Wii U Digital Launch and Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, good to see we're finally caught up to 1.2.4, i'll check out the update next chance i get.

i saw something about "cross save" for PS users on that list... does that mean, if i get the ps4 version, i can bring over all of my characters and worlds to that version?

cause if so, i'd be less hesitant about moving to ps4 terraria... i just don't wanna start all over.
Sony versions have always supported cross saves. :)
1 thing that i want in the update is that Xbox 360 players can Zoom Out because it makes bosses imossible to see like The Twins
Does the XBox One give you variable zoom in split screen, or is there some preset? I might have to consider that, though getting an XBox One wasn't something I wanted at the moment.

For the 360, too many things are just unreadable or impossible to distinguish when on splitscreen, which is a bummer as it's the main reason I got the game--to play with my wife. Really wish they'd either provide a Zoom in splitscreen--just a few pre-sets would be fine, it doesn't have to be variable. I'd be happy to lose some horizontal space in order to get bigger sprites and items.
Xbox 360 is around 10 years old now. It simply isn't equipped with the hardware for such a process as adjusting screen resolution. Particularly with Terraria being such a RAM heavy game.
I don't exactly know if orange bloodroot is still bugged or not, if it's not
can someone tell me what part of my world I should look. Thanks.

Edit: I found a bloodroot 18 mins after making this post. I feel awesome, I still wanna know if its bugged though.
I'm very sure that it was fixed. You need to look in the Underground and Cavern layers. But they only grow from dirt ceilings so they're rather rare.

I'm also on the OLED Vita with all the NPCS grouped together with a crapload of pictures, furniture, statues, trophies and even fancy animated walls and I still do not experience this issue or any slowdown at all since the update
How weird. My second vita (latest model) seems to be running it fine too, my original version is the one having issues. Could I ask when you bought Terraria on the vita? My copy in vita #1 is from when Terraria was first launched on it, while the copy on vita #2 was downloaded back when the 1.2 stabilisation update was released. Is it possible that that could somehow cause an issue?

Edit: just checked, redownloading deleted all my characters & worlds, even those in the cloud. RIP my original world from 1.1

Edit 2: another weird thing. I can no longer bind an item to the d-pad. The d-pad now also moves the cursor while enabling/disabling smart cursor. What is going on here? Can someone lend a hand?

Last edited:
How weird. My second vita (latest model) seems to be running it fine too, my original version is the one having issues. Could I ask when you bought Terraria on the vita? My copy in vita #1 is from when Terraria was first launched on it, while the copy on vita #2 was downloaded back when the 1.2 stabilisation update was released. Is it possible that that could somehow cause an issue?

Edit: just checked, redownloading deleted all my characters & worlds, even those in the cloud. RIP my original world from 1.1

Edit 2: another weird thing. I can no longer bind an item to the d-pad. The d-pad now also moves the cursor while enabling/disabling smart cursor. What is going on here? Can someone lend a hand?

thats why I said backup your save either to ps+ or your computer you can't restore your clouds without your character but to answer your question I bought it about a year and a half ago now I don't remember exactly when though but it was before the update that caused a crapload of crashes

thats why I said backup your save either to ps+ or your computer you can't restore your clouds without your character but to answer your question I bought it about a year and a half ago now I don't remember exactly when though but it was before the update that caused a crapload of crashes
I did, I still have the backups there, I've backed up successfully before but now, somehow, the game isn't registering it once I put it back on the vita.

Backups aside, I don't mind starting over with all the new content. But what's really ticking me off is how quick shortcuts no longer work, and cannot be bound in the inventory (they could before I redownloaded the game)

I don't mind playing the working copy on my second, newer vita, but the chance of that one combusting is considerably higher than my original, older one

Edit: it seems the ability to use quick select d-pad shortcuts has been completely replaced by the ability to move the cursor by exactly 1 tile in every direction. A bad change, if you ask me, I don't wanna clump up my hot bar, and accidentally pressing the d-pad reduces the cursors sensitivity

Last edited:
I have that happen in my castle from the 1.1 days too. Could also be from having too much stuff to generate in one area..not sure.

Can someone that plays the PC version please compare the new functionality of hammer tools?

Personally I already disliked that it broke blocks adjacent to the one you were aiming at, but now it swings in all directions so if you're working on an upper story of a building you can accidentally destroy the walls of the story below -- even if you are aiming away from it.

Also a bizarrely specific occurrence -- if you stand on a section of hammered half blocks and aim upwards with a pickaxe, it will destroy the tiles you are standing on.

They supposedly imported some PC code for auto-aiming but I don't know exactly how PC behaves.

(PSVita rant :redmunch:)In hard mode, I have to put 1 npc in a house about 100 blocks away from another single-npc house to avoid the slowdown. Because of this npc slowdown bug, the whole surface has houses dotted about it, and as such no hostile mobs spawn on the surface across most of my world anymore. Rain causes the game to slow down even more when entering caves or approaching 1 npc house, and now the game is almost entirely unplayable when above the surface. The underworld isn't much better, because 6 lava bats (or any group of hostile NPCs) also causes slowdown, just not as much as friendly NPCs do.

How did the PSVita version even pass submission when slowdown is first noticeable after about 10 minutes after creating a world (provided anyone makes houses for the guide, merchant & dye trader), meaning how hard is it to miss this issue? ;(

But on a positive note at least we know the new QA team are slightly better than the previous team ;)

It'sh a conspirishy!
I have never had frame rate drop or the slow motion bug on my vita, I have the original model. My Npc's are all grouped together so I am pretty sure this bug is only a bug for some. Npc housing pictured
2016-06-13-072428.jpg
2016-06-13-072434.jpg

I have never had frame rate drop or the slow motion bug on my vita, I have the original model. My Npc's are all grouped together so I am pretty sure this bug is only a bug for some. Npc housing picturedView attachment 117500View attachment 117501
I honestly have no idea what is going on with the Vita edition right now. I've seen some Reddit posts and a few forum posts where other people have the same issue, but it seems to be a rare occurrence.

I've also noticed your npc's are near the edge of the world. Seems the issues are from people like me who have bases on the ground near the centre of the map

As shown below, my largest concentration of NPCs is 4, and that starts to cause slowdown. Could you try relocating some NPCs to the centre, and see if that causes slowdown for you?
image.jpeg

And if possible, could anyone confirm if the quick select d-pad hotkeys have been replaced on every copy of the vita too? Unbind all your items from the quick-select and let me know if it's possible to rebind them again

I honestly have no idea what is going on with the Vita edition right now. I've seen some Reddit posts and a few forum posts where other people have the same issue, but it seems to be a rare occurrence.

I've also noticed your npc's are near the edge of the world. Seems the issues are from people like me who have bases on the ground near the centre of the map

As shown below, my largest concentration of NPCs is 4, and that starts to cause slowdown. Could you try relocating some NPCs to the centre, and see if that causes slowdown for you?View attachment 117532
And if possible, could anyone confirm if the quick select d-pad hotkeys have been replaced on every copy of the vita too? Unbind all your items from the quick-select and let me know if it's possible to rebind them again

all of my NPCs are right in the center of the map so I really doubt that is the issue...the issue could actually be as simple as using an outdated map because somethings only get fixed per update when a new world is created

all of my NPCs are right in the center of the map so I really doubt that is the issue...the issue could actually be as simple as using an outdated map because somethings only get fixed per update when a new world is created
New world for the new update. Even the redownloaded version is experiencing the issue. Also, are your NPCs on the ground, or in a sky base above the center?

I'm asking because I'm trying to spot similarities that might be causing the slowdown

New world for the new update. Even the redownloaded version is experiencing the issue. Also, are your NPCs on the ground, or in a sky base above the center?

I'm asking because I'm trying to spot similarities that might be causing the slowdown

they start on the ground and are stacked one on top of the other with large rooms each that have a :red:load of decorations and I have other buildings for displaying armor on mannequins, weapons on weapon racks, statues, and even have a large room filled with chests with items organized by item ID

Pretty sure he means restock (even though it is probably bugged)

Regarding slowdowns, I also observe a slight slow-down near my main establishment in the PS4 version. I have a lot of detail added though, so it may not be the NPC's themselves as someone suggested, but rather something that often accompanies them, e.g. paint/light sources -- one of these things may have had its rendering code modified in some way.

Can someone that plays the PC version please compare the new functionality of hammer tools?

Personally I already disliked that it broke blocks adjacent to the one you were aiming at, but now it swings in all directions so if you're working on an upper story of a building you can accidentally destroy the walls of the story below -- even if you are aiming away from it.

Also a bizarrely specific occurrence -- if you stand on a section of hammered half blocks and aim upwards with a pickaxe, it will destroy the tiles you are standing on.

They supposedly imported some PC code for auto-aiming but I don't know exactly how PC behaves.

Could someone address the above please?

I posted this on the official Facebook page, and I didn't see anyone acknowledging it here, but it seems the spectre mask set bonus isn't showing up. I believe the mask doesn't flag as part of the spectre set, thus not completing the set bonus. When I attack an enemy with my razorblade typhoon, for example, homing spheres don't spawn to attack other enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom