Wii U Digital Launch and Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Deanzor is there any chance you could remove or slightly reduce the respawn timer? It makes the game practically unplayable when getting spawn killed. I also find the fact that you have to wait aprox. 20 seconds to spawn a TAD bit annoying. You dont HAVE to do this but just a suggestion.

is there any chance you could remove or slightly reduce the respawn timer?
20 seconds to spawn a TAD bit annoying. You dont HAVE to do this but just a suggestion.

Couldn't agree more with this!

20 Seconds is far too log as a timer for respawning, most games have a 10 second cool down if not lower

505 wanted to tackle the fact that people were exploiting the respawn as it was before with boss fight, but how long does it take for a boss to despawn after you've died?

Is it different for each boss?

Was 20 seconds taken as an overall amount of time to allow the boss to despawn from the area?

@Deanzor looks like @Targart is on the latest update for Xbox One. Any ideas??

Not at the moment. Is anyone else having this issue? It's extremely strange that only one person seems to be having these issues. There's nothing set in your console preferences that would affect it, is there? Parental controls or something? I've only got a PS4 at home, so I'm only just getting familiar with how X1 handles invites etc.

Is there some sort of system cache you can clear?

@Deanzor is there any chance you could remove or slightly reduce the respawn timer? It makes the game practically unplayable when getting spawn killed. I also find the fact that you have to wait aprox. 20 seconds to spawn a TAD bit annoying. You dont HAVE to do this but just a suggestion.

I thought we were the same as the PC version in that regard - is that not the case?

I thought we were the same as the PC version in that regard - is that not the case?

All right, fair enough. But please do some thing about the PVP side of things. Getting killed by a player, waiting 20 seconds, 20 seconds are up, get killed by ANOTHER PLAYER, its the same thing every time. Its fair that we can wait 20 seconds in survival though, so that's pretty fair.

Maybe ask 505

20 Seconds is far too log as a timer for respawning, most games have a 10 second cool down if not lower

505 wanted to tackle the fact that people were exploiting the respawn as it was before with boss fight, but how long does it take for a boss to despawn after you've died?

Is it different for each boss?

Was 20 seconds taken as an overall amount of time to allow the boss to despawn from the area?

Initially, console had no respawn timer. This was a bug/unintended change vs the PC version and thus it needed to be changed. In doing that, we sent 505/Engine the exact times and the code behind them so that it would match PC 1:1.

So, how then should it be working?
  • Deaths should trigger a 10 second respawn timer
  • Deaths near a boss will double that respawn timer to 20 seconds. THIS SHOULD ONLY APPLY TO MULTIPLAYER SCENARIOS (to remove "death chaining" as a viable strategy to defeat bosses)
  • In PVP, it should be 10 seconds for those deaths
  • ***Expert Mode increases all respawn timers 1.5x***
If it is anything other than this, then there is indeed still an issue with the respawn system on console. If it matches the above, then it is working as designed and matches PC.

i dont like the respawn timer it take so long to respawn 5-10 is better just suggestion (sorry for my bad english)

That is precisely what it is - unless you are fighting a boss on MP. 10 seconds.

Any chance you could have Retinazer retrain his younger counterpart on how to fire lasers? They should be flying straight not falling to the ground (although that makes a pretty neat carpet bomb technique... before Spazmatism shows up, but still fix this little issue)

@Deanzor I found a glitch where the pirate minions are floating or not touching the ground

Attachments

• 20160713_180338.jpg
    20160713_180338.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 192
Does anyone know if the Living Fire Blocks were added? I know it says they were, but I've been farming a while and none have turned out.

Well I just finished getting the last cape so I officially have got everything the update had to offer and now I'm mad we waited months for two sets of clothes and 5 staves and cape that you can't even wear if you have wing in the use slot
this update sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom