Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
not sure if this is intentional (though I kind of doubt it is), and likewise I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with 1.4 (in particular the changes to video settings). Anyway, basically, I'm having some problems with the changes you made to video settings in this update:
  • First of all, when I first started the game after updating, it defaulted to the highest resolution, and when it does it overlaps my taskbar and makes it look like full-screen mode (it wouldn't be so bad if I could tell the difference, but as it is I ended up trying to click "go full screen" to go windowed... shockingly, reverse psychology didn't work). While I'm glad it doesn't default to full screen mode, going to such a high resolution that it looks like fullscreen on a laptop is almost as bad. Consider setting the default at less than 1000 pixels on either axis just to be safe.
    • fortunately, this only seems to apply to the first time the game starts. If you adjust the resolution, whether within the game or by enabling window borders and tweaking it that way, it persists.
  • Secondly, when I adjusted the resolution and then maximized the window (I like being able to see my taskbar and the title bar, but nothing else) it was okay... until I restarted the game. When I did, the entire window had moved down about 30 pixels or so, which meant it was overlapping my taskbar again... and the issue persists every time I restart the game.
I realize these are probably minor issues in most people's eyes, but as someone that is a layout perfectionist and uses certain accessibility tools to be able to play (I have a high-level spinal cord injury, so the fact I'm able to use a computer at all is kind of a miracle), every single mouse or keyboard operation I can avoid saves precious time. (And by the way, don't even get me started on what I have to do to deal with bosses...)

Have you got borderless windowed mode enabled? You can disable it if you go to: Main Menu > Settings > Video.

Back
Top Bottom