tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to report bugs!
View attachment 45806
Purely graphical, taking off the morphball accessory while in morphball causes you to turn into this glitch morphball sprite, behaves like player out of morphball

View attachment 45808
Un-morphballing clips you into the wall when up against it, allowing you to walk through one-block thick walls.

View attachment 45805
The Blue suit glitch returns from Super Metroid! It's performed differently, taking of the speed booster while speed sprinting. It does rapid damage to enemies but you can't shinespark in this state.

View attachment 45807
Variant of the previous glitch, the Gold Suit glitch! Performed by taking off the speed booster while shinesparking. The Gold suit oddly causes the power beam(above) and the missile launcher(below) to infinitely fire at insane speeds; they must have something in the charge slot for that to happen. Note the negative missile amount below caused by this glitch. You will be stuck firing in the direction you first aim, regardless of where you point after; unless you have another addon other than charge on the power beam. Putting the speed booster back on causes you to resume shinesparking.

View attachment 45809

All of these glitches end by exiting and returning.
Isnt that crazy that a glitch in the soirce game also appears here?

Time to report bugs!
View attachment 45806
Purely graphical, taking off the morphball accessory while in morphball causes you to turn into this glitch morphball sprite, behaves like player out of morphball

View attachment 45808
Un-morphballing clips you into the wall when up against it, allowing you to walk through one-block thick walls.

View attachment 45805
The Blue suit glitch returns from Super Metroid! It's performed differently, taking of the speed booster while speed sprinting. It does rapid damage to enemies but you can't shinespark in this state.

View attachment 45807
Variant of the previous glitch, the Gold Suit glitch! Performed by taking off the speed booster while shinesparking, causes you to be stuck facing the direction you were facing. The Gold suit oddly causes the power beam(above) and the missile launcher(below) to infinitely fire at insane speeds. Note the negative missile amount below caused by this glitch. Missiles will only go left or right, regardless of where you point.

View attachment 45809

All of these glitches end by exiting and returning.
1: I never assumed anyone would try taking off the Morph Ball while it was active. I'll look for a way to have it auto-disable itself should the accessory be removed.

2: This glitch dates back to the tConfig version of my mod. The cause for this is the fact that a player is actually almost 2 tiles wide, whereas the Morph Ball is 1 tile wide. Thus unmorphing next to a wall will cause your width to expand into the tile, allowing you to clip through it. I have yet to find a proper fix for this without things being complicated and annoying...

3: Same as the 1st, I never assumed someone would take off the accessory while its effects were active. Although, I can most likely find a fix for this.

4: Surprisingly not the strangest glitch I've seen before. Again, I can most likely find a fix...

Good grief, why would anyone just up and take off their Speed Booster while Shine Sparking. :confused:
Lol

1: I never assumed anyone would try taking off the Morph Ball while it was active. I'll look for a way to have it auto-disable itself should the accessory be removed.

2: This glitch dates back to the tConfig version of my mod. The cause for this is the fact that a player is actually almost 2 tiles wide, whereas the Morph Ball is 1 tile wide. Thus unmorphing next to a wall will cause your width to expand into the tile, allowing you to clip through it. I have yet to find a proper fix for this without things being complicated and annoying...

3: Same as the 1st, I never assumed someone would take off the accessory while its effects were active. Although, I can most likely find a fix for this.

4: Surprisingly not the strangest glitch I've seen before. Again, I can most likely find a fix...

Good grief, why would anyone just up and take off their Speed Booster while Shine Sparking. :confused:
Lol
1. I found this by accident
2. also by accident
3. Curiosity after finding 1.
4. I saw a zombie and shot it XD

2015-04-18_00011.jpg

Here's another! Ice beam causes the Wall of Flesh's eyes to fall out of their sockets. XD

View attachment 45855
Here's another! Ice beam causes the Wall of Flesh's eyes to fall out of their sockets. XD
That doesn't even make sense. The Ice Beam's debuff is specifically coded to not work on bosses...
Unless the WoF isn't counted as a boss? o_O

I'll look into it. The least I can do is add an exception for the WoF specifically. It's not hard...

Edit: Oh, I get it. It's mouth is considered a boss, but it's eyes aren't. Huh... Easy fix.

Edit 2: By the way, I fixed those other bugs you reported. Especially with the Speed Booster. The Morph Ball is still just a little funky, but it works. No more graphical glitches as far as I know.
A patch will be released when I fix a few more bugs.

Last edited:
That doesn't even make sense. The Ice Beam's debuff is specifically coded to not work on bosses...
Unless the WoF isn't counted as a boss? o_O

I'll look into it. The least I can do is add an exception for the WoF specifically. It's not hard...

Edit: Oh, I get it. It's mouth is considered a boss, but it's eyes aren't. Huh... Easy fix.

Edit 2: By the way, I fixed those other bugs you reported. Especially with the Speed Booster. The Morph Ball is still just a little funky, but it works. No more graphical glitches as far as I know.
A patch will be released when I fix a few more bugs.
I guess you've....seen the light :cool:

Yes! you're continuing the mod! oh and rip Dark world

Also I think it would be cool if the Phazon spreaded from the Phazon Leviathan Meteor thingy. Kind of like the corruption or the crimson but it comes from the meteor.

The Chozo called it the "Great Poison" and they tried to trap it but we all know how that went... anyways just an idea

Last edited:
Yes! you're continuing the mod! oh and rip Dark world

Also I think it would be cool if the Phazon spreaded from the Phazon Leviathan Meteor thingy. Kind of like the corruption or the crimson but it comes from the meteor.

The Chozo called it the "Great Poison" and they tried to trap it but we all know how that went... anyways just an idea
Well, I kinda wanted the Phazon to stay in one place until the player was ready for it. As you know, destroying the meteor's core causes Phazon to generate underground like a hardmode ore, which can be considered as "spreading" I think.

Another thing is that it's definitely not a Leviathan Seed, because we all know that destroying a Leviathan actually cleanses a planet of Phazon, not infect it...

A Phazon Meteor was just sort of my own made up thing, like if it was an actual meteor, or something, but Phazon was one of the things it picked up during its flight in space (science!). I don't know. I may revamp the Phazon system (again), as it's starting to make lower amounts of sense the more I think about it...?

I'm open to suggestion. :rolleyes:

How about A Withered Leviathan has landed and the spawning for the ore could be The Withered Leviathan bursts Phazon into {the World name here}.

Hi Scooter, i checked out your mod and it was AWESOME. :passionate: Anyway, where should i start to get the items in the mod? I was playing around with the items with Shocka's Fancy Cheat Menu, and was wondering where to exactly start. i always get confused with mods like this :confused: thanks.

How about A Withered Leviathan has landed and the spawning for the ore could be The Withered Leviathan bursts Phazon into {the World name here}.
Now that sounds pretty cool

And the Phazon System revamped again? hmmm... well I do love me some Phazon, but isn't Phazon kind of like pure energy with a side of sentience and is radioactive? I'm actually looking at the wikitroid right now while I'm typing this.
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Phazon

As far as beam balancing, I think there should be no mana use, but the beams should be made a bit weaker. Most things should also be dropped by bosses, gravity suit and such shouldn't be craftable.

Liquid phazon should be added, as damaging as lava to players without phazon suit/PED equipment, and is used in creation of both phazon beam and phazon suit. Also restores health to PED wearers who touch it.

Orange phazon could be added to underworld, with no way to safely touch it, don't know what it could be used for, maybe phazite plating do building construction.

These are just ideas I had, I haven't been able to test the mod yet.

Hi Scooter, i checked out your mod and it was AWESOME. :passionate: Anyway, where should i start to get the items in the mod? I was playing around with the items with Shocka's Fancy Cheat Menu, and was wondering where to exactly start. i always get confused with mods like this :confused: thanks.
On the front page, I have listed every item along with their recipes in the Content section.
To make the first few basic items, you'll need Meteorite Bars...
Hmm. I dunno. I'll think about the idea.

Now that sounds pretty cool

And the Phazon System revamped again? hmmm... well I do love me some Phazon, but isn't Phazon kind of like pure energy with a side of sentience and is radioactive? I'm actually looking at the wikitroid right now while I'm typing this.
http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Phazon
Very helpful indeed. Seems I have quite a selection as to what I can do...

I don't know yet as to how the player will acquire Phazon, but if I ever add the Omega Pirate, he'll definitely drop Black Phazon Crystals used to make the Phazon Suit. :cool:

I kinda wanna just ditch the Phazon Meteor idea and have Phazon spawn on world generation, but I also don't want Phazon to be in the way for the player to wait until hardmode before they can mine it. :sigh:
I'm sure I'll think of something...

As far as beam balancing, I think there should be no mana use, but the beams should be made a bit weaker. Most things should also be dropped by bosses, gravity suit and such shouldn't be craftable.

Liquid phazon should be added, as damaging as lava to players without phazon suit/PED equipment, and is used in creation of both phazon beam and phazon suit. Also restores health to PED wearers who touch it.

Orange phazon could be added to underworld, with no way to safely touch it, don't know what it could be used for, maybe phazite plating do building construction.

These are just ideas I had, I haven't been able to test the mod yet.
I find that overpowered. No mana use and lowered damaged? I don't think I wanna do that. Maybe lowering the damage and mana is one thing, but completely eliminating mana cost is silly. Plus, if I did just lower the damage and mana cost, they may become underpowered.

I don't think creating custom liquids is officially supported yet. I may be able to do it, but I'd have to copy-paste/write a bunch of code to get it to work properly. Secondly... how would it be used for crafting? "Oh, the Phazon suit takes the Gravity Suit and a whole bunch of iron buckets of Phazon." Psht. Not doing that, sorry. :p

Red/Orange Phazon...?
It already makes up the core of the meteor, but for the most part, one step at a time here... (See my earlier reply. Hehe.)

Potential bug: (Will need verification) -- When you have the Missile Launcher equipped with both the Super Missiles and the Diffuser Missiles, the cursor disappears while you have the Missile Launcher equipped. Only under that condition, apparently.

Here's a suggestion, make missile tanks craftable:
25 Glass blocks
1 Ruby
5 Bombs
5 Iron/Lead Bars
Just a suggestion, but I think they really should be craftable.

Also, I personally think think serris is too easy, it hardly put up any fight at all. You really need to increase it's health.

Potential bug: (Will need verification) -- When you have the Missile Launcher equipped with both the Super Missiles and the Diffuser Missiles, the cursor disappears while you have the Missile Launcher equipped. Only under that condition, apparently.
Strange, I cannot seem to replicate this bug. Was there anything else you were possible doing to cause this?

Here's a suggestion, make missile tanks craftable:
25 Glass blocks
1 Ruby
5 Bombs
5 Iron/Lead Bars
Just a suggestion, but I think they really should be craftable.
I dunno. The idea of finding Missile Expansions underground and in hidden places sounded interesting to me, as it would feel like finding Missile Expansions in an actual Metroid game.

Also, I personally think think serris is too easy, it hardly put up any fight at all. You really need to increase it's health.
I don't think increasing its health is the issue, as if I have it too high, the fight might be too long and boring.
What I need to do it try and make Serris's speed boosting a bit more accurate and deadly, so the player will have to be careful, and it'd make the fight a bit more intense.
I might even increase the duration of Serris's speed boost.

Strange, I cannot seem to replicate this bug. Was there anything else you were possible doing to cause this?

I dunno. The idea of finding Missile Expansions underground and in hidden places sounded interesting to me, as it would feel like finding Missile Expansions in an actual Metroid game.

I don't think increasing its health is the issue, as if I have it too high, the fight might be too long and boring.
What I need to do it try and make Serris's speed boosting a bit more accurate and deadly, so the player will have to be careful, and it'd make the fight a bit more intense.
I might even increase the duration of Serris's speed boost.
Yeah, but the fight was over too quickly which was the problem, it didn't put up as nearly as good of a fight as Phantoon does. Also, I think cutting the plasma beam's damage with every pierce is too ridiculous. It makes it's piercing effectively useless. It needs to change.

Yeah, but the fight was over too quickly which was the problem, it didn't put up as nearly as good of a fight as Phantoon does. Also, I think cutting the plasma beam's damage with every pierce is too ridiculous. It makes it's piercing effectively useless. It needs to change.
Serris's fight was always fairly quick in Fusion, I believe. If I extend the duration of its speed booster, the fight may last longer. Again, I just need to make Serris's speed boost more effective against the player and the fight might become enjoyable, rather than boring...

As for the Plasma Beam, I'll look into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom