tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Primary A beam is Spazer, currently.

Nah, "frostburn" is actually just another name for "frostbite", which is actually nothing like how Terraria depicts it to be. Lol
But it's still the same thing.
Okay, cool. Have you been planning on making an unique Metroid Themed world generator with new blocks and npc:s?
[DOUBLEPOST=1431057574,1431057391][/DOUBLEPOST]And yeah, grapple beam is awesome! Most of the mod items can be found when filtering the items by ID. This mod seems to be based on 2D Metroids, right? I really need to buy Super Metroid...

Hmm. So, I keep crashing at random as of R15...again.
Sometimes just moving around at random, sometimes killing an enemy with a beam. (any type thus far)
It was pretty stable all the way through the first goblin army invasion, after which the issues began.

So, I have to wonder if I got another bad install of tAPI r15 or if there's something else afoot.

Hmm. So, I keep crashing at random as of R15...again.
Sometimes just moving around at random, sometimes killing an enemy with a beam. (any type thus far)
It was pretty stable all the way through the first goblin army invasion, after which the issues began.

So, I have to wonder if I got another bad install of tAPI r15 or if there's something else afoot.
I think it's just a problem with tAPI r15 itself. However, it's practically impossible to know what the problem actually is when the error logs aren't working. I hope the tAPI devs can at least fix the error logs so we can see what's wrong...

Okay, cool. Have you been planning on making an unique Metroid Themed world generator with new blocks and npc:s?
I'm not sure if I understand your question. Do you mean something as simple as new ores and items generating in new worlds, or do you mean something like custom dungeons of sorts?
One of my ideas/plans to do is to add a Tourian themed dungeon area which branches off of the vanilla Dungeon, in which you'd fight stronger Metroids and possibly Mother Brain.

And yeah, grapple beam is awesome! Most of the mod items can be found when filtering the items by ID. This mod seems to be based on 2D Metroids, right? I really need to buy Super Metroid...
Currently, most of the items are based on the 2D Metroid games, but I also plan to add items, mechanics, and NPCs/enemies from the Metroid Prime/3D Metroid games.

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Do you mean something as simple as new ores and items generating in new worlds said:
Something that replaces dirt and other blocks with something else and makes the terrain resemble more like Zebes, I guess it's possible but it might be hard.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431106120,1431106076][/DOUBLEPOST]I messed up with the quote thing...

I messed up with the quote thing...
There's an edit button. I suggest you use it more often... :confused:

Something that replaces dirt and other blocks with something else and makes the terrain resemble more like Zebes, I guess it's possible but it might be hard.
That's most likely something I won't do. Changing the entire world to generate differently kind of defeats the idea of it being just a Metroid Mod, whereas your idea suggests almost turning Terraria into a sandbox Metroid game.
I don't mind the suggestion, and I could definitely pull it off, but... I just don't wanna do it. It's not how I want my mod to be. :)

I think it's just a problem with tAPI r15 itself. However, it's practically impossible to know what the problem actually is when the error logs aren't working. I hope the tAPI devs can at least fix the error logs so we can see what's wrong...
So that's it. I was wondering why I wasn't at least seeing logs I could report back.
Maybe I'll pop over to the tAPI thread and see if they're planning on fixing that soon for r16 or such (r15a).

I'm not sure if it's related to this mod or not, but whenever it rains in my world, I get crippling slowdown (as in 3 FPS). Any idea if Metroid Mod could even cause that?

I've noticed that as well, it got really bad when I tried to summon serris, it dropped my frames to 1, I tried again after restarting and waiting for the rain to pass and it stayed above 90 for the entire fight, it could be particle related, not sure how serris' shinespark is rendered on the sprite but I've noticed frame loss in the past from too many 'glowy bits' on the screen at once

I suppose it may just be a problem with tAPI. Well, I guess we'll just have to try to work around it. I wonder if anyone has made a rain control mod?

Also, I think I actually found a small bug. Engaging the Morph Ball causes your character's icon on the minimap to jump straight up about 50 blocks. It's not a big deal, just thought you'd like to know. It comes back down when you switch out of ball mode.

I'm not sure if it's related to this mod or not, but whenever it rains in my world, I get crippling slowdown (as in 3 FPS). Any idea if Metroid Mod could even cause that?
I've noticed that as well, it got really bad when I tried to summon serris, it dropped my frames to 1, I tried again after restarting and waiting for the rain to pass and it stayed above 90 for the entire fight, it could be particle related, not sure how serris' shinespark is rendered on the sprite but I've noticed frame loss in the past from too many 'glowy bits' on the screen at once
I suppose it may just be a problem with tAPI. Well, I guess we'll just have to try to work around it. I wonder if anyone has made a rain control mod?
It may be a tAPI bug, as I have never encountered slowdowns when it rained. There is an "Example Rain Wand" in Grox's Template Mod (link found on the front page of the tAPI thread) which can activate and deactivate rain (the change usually happens a few seconds after the item has been used).
You could test if it's my mod or not, by disabling my mod and using the rain wand to see if the slowdown occurs...

Also, I think I actually found a small bug. Engaging the Morph Ball causes your character's icon on the minimap to jump straight up about 50 blocks. It's not a big deal, just thought you'd like to know. It comes back down when you switch out of ball mode.
I am quite aware of this bug, and it pisses me off since I know what causes it, but there's nothing I can do about it.

The player's height in the Terraria code is hardcoded to change when using a mount, which in turn pulls the player's position upward to work with the height change.
However, since the Morph Ball is not considered a "mount", normally you'd fly straight up to the top of the map in a matter of seconds, so I had to put in a line of code to counteract this. However, it's not completely counteracted for the map, hence why it pushes the player's icon upwards...

The only way I could possibly fix this, is if tAPI supported custom mounts, in which I could make the Morph Ball considered a mount and fix this bug.
But until then, there's no currently known fix.

There's an edit button. I suggest you use it more often... :confused:

That's most likely something I won't do. Changing the entire world to generate differently kind of defeats the idea of it being just a Metroid Mod, whereas your idea suggests almost turning Terraria into a sandbox Metroid game.
I don't mind the suggestion, and I could definitely pull it off, but... I just don't wanna do it. It's not how I want my mod to be. :)
Okay, so it is a... Metroid weapon mod?
By the way, I found a glitch. When using Morph Ball V2(i don"t know it it works with the regulat one) and Master Ninja Gear and doing the quick sprint thing(double tapping a direction) the morph ball drops one or two blocs to the ground. And if I use Spider Ball it might go upwards or just stay in one place.

Okay, so it is a... Metroid weapon mod?
By the way, I found a glitch. When using Morph Ball V2(i don"t know it it works with the regulat one) and Master Ninja Gear and doing the quick sprint thing(double tapping a direction) the morph ball drops one or two blocs to the ground. And if I use Spider Ball it might go upwards or just stay in one place.
The glitch comes from Terraria itself, if you double tap with the tabi/ninja gear, you can fall through one block thick holes, despite being two blocks thick; since the morph ball makes you one block thin, you end up falling through the ground.

The glitch comes from Terraria itself, if you double tap with the tabi/ninja gear, you can fall through one block thick holes, despite being two blocks thick; since the morph ball makes you one block thin, you end up falling through the ground.
Okay, thanks

BUG: i have Shockah's AccSlots+ installed, i equipped the Space Booster in one of the additional slots, then took it out, and i can still somersault

Metroid Prime sure is a great game! I was going to suggest replacing life meter with energy meter but I realized that it would make no sense because the player doesn"t always wear the suit and having both of them.... Isn't going to work because the player can survive easily without the suit unlike Samus.. But maybe a sprite change when wearing full armor?

It really is but this mod isn't based all around Metroid Prime some are from Super Metroid Phantoon is a example of that. Serris is from Metroid Fusion. And a bunch of other stuff.
I know, where is the overheat system from? I've played only Prime 40% and a little bit of fusion yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom