tModLoader (WIP) The Fabric of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't look like you understand that mods have limited MBs on the mod browser. 50 bosses with custom tracks would not only take ages to code, but the tracks for it would devour your MBs quickly.

I've seen this mod a few times on the thread and decided i'll take a look at it. What i'm seeing is a lot of potential, but unplanned content & concepts.
I've seen a lot of mods like this were they have big goals and little effort or outputs. It happens often, there all over the mod browser.

- Your mod plans on having 3,000/6,000+ items, that's a large number of content. with that much content in the game and seeing how fast Terraria progresses, about 1/3 of the items will go unnoticed. And another thing is people may want to play your mod with other mods, but if the mod has that much content (especially the 50+ bosses having each custom soundtracks, which will most likely hold 4MB of space since it's a sound file), the mod will be around 200MB of space, which tModLoader probably won't even handle, the mod will take about 10 minutes to download from the mod browser, and it will probably crash the mod browser. and people with low-end PCs won't be able to load this mod.

- Some of your concepts and content are based off vanilla bosses or have "off the top of my head" names. This is something people don't enjoy.
I've seen enough mod's to see people enjoy original content and thought out names. Names such as "Wall of Steel" and Cheesysword" don't stand out or intrigue the player. A second Wall of Flesh type boss is also something that's really bad, tremor tried that and it wasn't cared about because it was a bad concept. It's best to research and take time to make everything interesting for the player to enjoy.

- Quality > Quantity is best. Like before, the 3,000+ items is waay too much content for terraria, it would really be a waste of time doing it because 1/3 of the content will go unnoticed. Maybe lowering the content down to 1,200+ would be a good amount, i think anything above that will be just a cluster of unoriginal content. People will get bored. Sprite quality is one of the most important things. If you don't have good sprites that's another part missing in the mod's quality.

- I haven't witnessed a mod lore or any story of sorts. a story/lore isn't needed, but it is a great part of making a mod. It gives your mod meaning, a theme and gives the player something to pay attention to, unlike how vanilla Terraria is kill bosses and build. Multiple mods have lores, some examples are: Calamity, Spirit, and BtFA. Try making a lore may attract more people to this mod. Organizing the thread may also do that.

This was just my opinion on your mod, some constructive crits for you so your mod doesn't become a massive waste of time.
I hope you hear me out and take some of this in consideration.

I've seen this mod a few times on the thread and decided i'll take a look at it. What i'm seeing is a lot of potential, but unplanned content & concepts.
I've seen a lot of mods like this were they have big goals and little effort or outputs. It happens often, there all over the mod browser.

- Your mod plans on having 3,000/6,000+ items, that's a large number of content. with that much content in the game and seeing how fast Terraria progresses, about 1/3 of the items will go unnoticed. And another thing is people may want to play your mod with other mods, but if the mod has that much content (especially the 50+ bosses having each custom soundtracks, which will most likely hold 4MB of space since it's a sound file), the mod will be around 200MB of space, which tModLoader probably won't even handle, the mod will take about 10 minutes to download from the mod browser, and it will probably crash the mod browser. and people with low-end PCs won't be able to load this mod.

- Some of your concepts and content are based off vanilla bosses or have "off the top of my head" names. This is something people don't enjoy.
I've seen enough mod's to see people enjoy original content and thought out names. Names such as "Wall of Steel" and Cheesysword" don't stand out or intrigue the player. A second Wall of Flesh type boss is also something that's really bad, tremor tried that and it wasn't cared about because it was a bad concept. It's best to research and take time to make everything interesting for the player to enjoy.

- Quality > Quantity is best. Like before, the 3,000+ items is waay too much content for terraria, it would really be a waste of time doing it because 1/3 of the content will go unnoticed. Maybe lowering the content down to 1,200+ would be a good amount, i think anything above that will be just a cluster of unoriginal content. People will get bored. Sprite quality is one of the most important things. If you don't have good sprites that's another part missing in the mod's quality.

- I haven't witnessed a mod lore or any story of sorts. a story/lore isn't needed, but it is a great part of making a mod. It gives your mod meaning, a theme and gives the player something to pay attention to, unlike how vanilla Terraria is kill bosses and build. Multiple mods have lores, some examples are: Calamity, Spirit, and BtFA. Try making a lore may attract more people to this mod. Organizing the thread may also do that.

This was just my opinion on your mod, some constructive crits for you so your mod doesn't become a massive waste of time.

I've edited the amounts of bosses/items if u couldn't tell already. Plus the sprite team consists of 6+ people. Also I don't really care about appealing names of stuff or not just as long as it's unoriginal. ( btw I asked the fan ideas wiki if I could use the wall of steel idea and got the OK.)

Random wizard, am I not supposed to be on the dev team spoiler?
[doublepost=1531025373,1531024951][/doublepost]Also, please take his feedback mod seriously

Yes, we have a few bits and bobs done
[doublepost=1531124845,1531124775][/doublepost]I'm not the one to ask about coding ask random wizard of dradon, bet yes in the spriting department

I fear for you. You have a huge target and content goal and I am worried it will be unsaturated, and many things will be rushed.

I also wish you luck for your planetary travel, that sounds like a huge task and I feel like that could also get boring over time.

My point is, you should focus on making a small amount of good content first, rather than making huge, unrealistic goals. Good luck

Thanks for your feedback we have been thinking about this since most devs have been here

Lore is the weakest part of mods.
[doublepost=1531172181,1531171770][/doublepost]
I've edited the amounts of bosses/items if u couldn't tell already. Plus the sprite team consists of 6+ people. Also I don't really care about appealing names of stuff or not just as long as it's unoriginal. ( btw I asked the fan ideas wiki if I could use the wall of steel idea and got the OK.)
Using stuff from the fan ideas wiki is stealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom