Weapons & Equip Wood Greaves

Spiderr

Plantera
It's pretty simple what I'm suggesting. Wood Greaves in terraria have no defense on it, which the set bonus makes up for. However, this doesn't make any sense to me. It IS a piece of armor, so why would it not have defense to it. My suggestion is to simply add +1 defense to the wood greaves. It won't affect much, it would just make the wood set a tiny bit more useful, and in my opinion, more balanced.

i think is fair it dont have defense
because it need be the weakest item in the game
and other woods (boreal, palm wood) need be a bit more better

i think is fair it dont have defense
because it need be the weakest item in the game
and other woods (boreal, palm wood) need be a bit more better
It doesn't make sense is what I'm saying, it's armor, correct? It doesn't make sense that it doesn't have defense. It doesn't really matter if it's the weakest either

Sometimes a armor is not strong enough do protect the person that is wearing that
On the case, wood graves is not strong enough to protect the people is wearing that

Sometimes a armor is not strong enough do protect the person that is wearing that
On the case, wood graves is not strong enough to protect the people is wearing that
Well, I would disagree with that. If I were wearing wooden boots irl, I'd feel like my feet wouldn't really get hurt. Again, it's just a single point of defense.

if you add a single point of defense for the wood greaves, the boreal, palm, rich mahogany wood more one point of defense for the breastplate (preferably)
if you add one point of defense to the boreal, palm and rich mahogany wood, need ad one point of defense for the ebonwood and shadewood leggings (preferably)
and if you add one point of defense for the shadewood and ebonwood leggings, if you place the full (that gives + one defense) will have the same defense of the copper set (copper set is 6 defense because the bonus is +2 defense)

if you add a single point of defense for the wood greaves, the boreal, palm, rich mahogany wood more one point of defense for the breastplate (preferably)
if you add one point of defense to the boreal, palm and rich mahogany wood, need ad one point of defense for the ebonwood and shadewood leggings (preferably)
and if you add one point of defense for the shadewood and ebonwood leggings, if you place the full (that gives + one defense) will have the same defense of the copper set (copper set is 6 defense because the bonus is +2 defense)
Actually, you wouldn't have to add defense to any set. It's a simple +1 defense and still wouldn't be as good as any other wood armor set.

This is terraria. yoyo's killing giant flying eyes makes no sense, and this is a starter set. it would make a difference, because in the beginning, defense is even more important. to balance the game, normal wood sucks.

Actually, you wouldn't have to add defense to any set. It's a simple +1 defense and still wouldn't be as good as any other wood armor set.
But boreal, palm and rich mahogany woods is a bit more rare
So, it need be a bit more special
And the shadewood and ebonwood is from the evil, so, it need be a bit more special than boreal, palm, and rich mahogany
So?

This is terraria. yoyo's killing giant flying eyes makes no sense, and this is a starter set. it would make a difference, because in the beginning, defense is even more important. to balance the game, normal wood sucks.
It's just a quality of life Suggestion just because some things don't make sense doesn't mean that all things have to make no sense
[doublepost=1547525695,1547525472][/doublepost]
But boreal, palm and rich mahogany woods is a bit more rare
So, it need be a bit more special
And the shadewood and ebonwood is from the evil, so, it need be a bit more special than boreal, palm, and rich mahogany
So?
If needed we can change the set bonus, like "plus one damage" or something. It's not like it's the biggest change into the world. If this does happen, the worst that can happen is that normal wooden armor will be a little less than another type of wood armor

Other woods aren’t “rare” you literally just walk around and than u find them. Normal wood is as common as the others (that are planted)
boreal can not be but rich mahogany and palm is more rare
on the majority of the times the jungle is far of you, jungle have rich mahogany
and the palm wood is on the beach, the farthest biome remaining at its initial point of birth
and evil woods are hard to break (because of monsters), making it special, and because is from the evil, one of the better biome in pre-hardmode

boreal can not be but rich mahogany and palm is more rare
on the majority of the times the jungle is far of you, jungle have rich mahogany
and the palm wood is on the beach, the farthest biome remaining at its initial point of birth
and evil woods are hard to break (because of monsters), making it special, and because is from the evil, one of the better biome in pre-hardmode
But then the monsters spawn and surround you. You can't escape. chop wood and run or trap yourself and die.
It's so simple. Yes, they're steomg enemies, but they're so easy to defeat. But your point brings on another reason you need an extra defense

It's so simple. Yes, they're steomg enemies, but they're so easy to defeat. But your point brings on another reason you need an extra defense
If you place a full set of wooden armor you gain 3 defense
Because its a generic wood
A full set of boreal, rich mahogany and palm have 4 defense, because it less generic
A full set of ebonwood and shadewood is 5 defense, because its exotic and is a bit hard to break
If you want one extra point of defense go to a cavern and mine better ores if you want to kill more monsters with more facility

which the set bonus makes up for.
That's the point. Wood greaves have no defense to introduce how set bonuses work. A new player will quickly notice that they have no defense while the other pieces had one or two, but since wood is so plentiful they'll make it anyway and put it on to complete the look. When they place the item on the slot, they'll notice it says "Set bonus: 1 defense", which makes up for the 0-defense greaves.

That's the point. Wood greaves have no defense to introduce how set bonuses work. A new player will quickly notice that they have no defense while the other pieces had one or two, but since wood is so plentiful they'll make it anyway and put it on to complete the look. When they place the item on the slot, they'll notice it says "Set bonus: 1 defense", which makes up for the 0-defense greaves.
PRECISELY The greaves DO give defense, in the form of that +1 set benefit! I think its an extremely smart way to introduce new Terrarian's to the idea of "Set-bonus"!

Back
Top Bottom