Blocks & Decoration Wood-like paints

A lot of builders and myself rely on painting any block in brown to simulate different wood textures and in grey to simulate different stone/metal textures.

But that may become a little boring, everything is brown and grey at the end. :sigh:
I would simply love to paint any block with a paint that simulates boreal wood, palm wood, etc. That specific shade of brown/yellow/orange/red that suits with their respective biome set. :passionate:

Wood-like paints would be:

Mahogany red paint
Boreal brown paint
Palm yellow paint
Pearl brown paint
Shade blue paint
Ebon violet paint
Bamboo green paint
Dinasty brown paint

You can extend this to other blocks with beautiful colours (soil-like, stone-like and mineral-like):

Mud brown paint
Sand yellow paint
Dungeon blue paint
Dungeon green paint
Dungeon pink paint
Granite blue paint
Sandstone orange paint
Iridiscent violet paint
Iron brown paint
Lead blue paint
Tin yellow paint

I'd be happy just with boreal, mahogany, palm, pearl, mud, sand and tin, btw.

I hope someday we get this!

My understanding of how paint works in the code is that their are 31 paint slots available and this can not be changed because of how the game is built. When Re-Logic was going to add Echo Paint for 1.4.4 they were originally going to remove a paint to make room for it. But then the Youtuber Khaois came up with the idea for coatings, allowing us to keep all the paints.

Now currently in game their are 30 paints (because Illuminate Paint was turned into coating). Negative Paint and Shadow Paint could possibly also be turned into Coatings. That leaves us with at the VERY MOST 3 empty Paint slots. If it were up to me I would add a Cool Brown Paint that is similar to Borral Wood, a Warm Brown Paint that is similar to Dynasty Wood, and a Dark Grey Paint. If I had to choose just one I would add Dark Gray Paint.

Last edited:
My understanding of how paint works in the code is that their are 31 paint slots available and this can not be changed because of how the game is built. When Re-Logic was going to add Echo Paint for 1.4.4 they were originally going to remove a paint to make room for it. But then the Youtuber Khaois came up with the idea for coatings, allowing us to keep all the paints.

Now currently in game their are 30 paints (because Illuminate Paint was turned into coating). Negative Paint and Shadow Paint could possibly also be turned into Coatings. That leaves us with at very most 3 empty Paint slots. If it were up to me I would add a Cool Brown Paint that is similar to Borral Wood, Warm Brown Paint that is similar to Dynasty Wood, and a Dark Grey Paint.
Oh, i would like to know all the details about that paint code issues, i'll research about it.
Meanwhile, If I had to pick three I would pick: boreal, mahogany and palm set OR maybe mud, sand, iridiscent set. But eh the dark grey would be cool as well (maybe mud, dark grey, iridiscent? idk)

Thanks for the explanation!

Basically, russ guss has it more or less correct. We aren't in a position to add more than, to my knowledge, 1 paint. There is a technical limit on it that, to expand, would cost a lot of performance impact across the entire game to support.

As for what that 1 possible paint could be, hard to say.

Basically, russ guss has it more or less correct. We aren't in a position to add more than, to my knowledge, 1 paint. There is a technical limit on it that, to expand, would cost a lot of performance impact across the entire game to support.

As for what that 1 possible paint could be, hard to say.
Then I think it's best to keep that slot for an awesome idea :dryadhappy: thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom