Worst Weapon or item

I'd argue slime staff has some use. You can use it later in the game to farm money with the lucky coin. Granted, it requires you to get 2 extremely rare items, but if you do manage to get them, you get a really good source of money. It is useless in terms of summoner progression (quite a few other summoner weapons are as well tbh), but it has at least some niche use and there are definetly more useless items/weapons.

I'd argue slime staff has some use. You can use it later in the game to farm money with the lucky coin. Granted, it requires you to get 2 extremely rare items, but if you do manage to get them, you get a really good source of money. It is useless in terms of summoner progression (quite a few other summoner weapons are as well tbh), but it has at least some niche use and there are definetly more useless items/weapons.
Couldn't you use any pre-boss weapon to farm money in Hardmode with the lucky coin?

Couldn't you use any pre-boss weapon to farm money in Hardmode with the lucky coin?

Yes, however, slime staff wins because it requires less input from the player, and reforging it to broken pretty much guarantees it will only do 1 damage to anything that isn't a pre-hardmode slime (meanwhile, non-summon weapons can crit for 2 damage, which is actually massive in the long run because every single hit is a chance to get more coins, and crits means less hits possible on a foe before it dies). Perhaps the flinx staff could be an easier alternative, never seen someone try it with lucky coin for farming, but I think it'd be worse because the flinxes stick on top of their enemies, while slimes bounce through them and hit bigger groups more effectively, meaning you can get money faster. Again, I might be wrong, mobile doesn't have 1.4.1 so I cannot test if flinx staff is better for this purpose, and I never saw anyone showing/discussing if it's better than slime staff for lucky coin farming.

cactus pickaxe.
by the way, if you found bars you can craft Tin Pickaxe, but I am never crafting Tin Pickaxe in my playthroughs, at least Iron Pickaxe.
I completely forgot that even existed. Seems so weird a pickaxe made of cactus is as powerful as one made of metal.

In my opinion, Zenith is the worst weapon in the game, because it has ruined it for countless people who received it as a "gift from a friend". Many other weapons have done the same in the past, but Zenith takes the cake because it is so obviously the strongest weapon in existence and has no competition whatsoever.

Since the release of 1.4, I'm willing to bet that no weapon has removed nearly as much fun from so many people as Zenith has.

man. I love the cactus pickaxe. Whenever I can, I get it. But yes the zenith does ruin the game experience if you obtain early via cheats or friends. But it is meant to be an endgame weapon so there is a point there. While it puts magic users to shame, it can be fun to use.

btw flairon used to be my go-to weapon in 1.2. It had a great DPS and helped me so much. Even though I was so much of a noob I used a dragon helmet, beetle armor, and beetle leggings (The armor is the plus defense one btw not the scale mail)

ok, I was reading through and the copper broad sword is worse than a tin shortsword. Not only are there more viable options, but if your world does generate with copper, the only reason you would use it is to remake the copper shortsword. While tin is bad and most people will go straight for gold or platinum, at least the shortsword is viable with the 1.4 updates on shortswords. But we can all agree that tin stuff and copper stuff can be skipped.

man. I love the cactus pickaxe. Whenever I can, I get it. But yes the zenith does ruin the game experience if you obtain early via cheats or friends. But it is meant to be an endgame weapon so there is a point there. While it puts magic users to shame, it can be fun to use.
btw flairon used to be my go-to weapon in 1.2. It had a great DPS and helped me so much. Even though I was so much of a noob I used a dragon helmet, beetle armor, and beetle leggings (The armor is the plus defense one btw not the scale mail)
ok, I was reading through and the copper broad sword is worse than a tin shortsword. Not only are there more viable options, but if your world does generate with copper, the only reason you would use it is to remake the copper shortsword. While tin is bad and most people will go straight for gold or platinum, at least the shortsword is viable with the 1.4 updates on shortswords. But we can all agree that tin stuff and copper stuff can be skipped.

@Gabrielgaming641

Please do not post multiple times in a row. Posting after your own previous post when no one else has posted is called "double posting" and is against forum rules. If you have more to add to your post and no one else has replied, you may use the "edit" button instead to add more detail into your original post.

I've merged your posts this time, but please keep it in mind for the future.

I would say ALL short swords, no explanation needed, just all of them. Even most of the early game ore swords, like the tin, iron and lead swords are pretty useless and get outclassed extremely fast.

lol true. btw sorry! I was reading the comments and saw one that said no double posting and then I got worried cuz I triple posted. Sorry. Also, copper broadsword sucks. Period.

The thing is,the ore broadswords have such samll range that regardless of damage,the copper broadsword is better.

Fair point, but the copper broadsword is the worst item IF you spawn in a world with copper. If you have a tin world. Then yes. The tin shortsword is useless only because it negates the fact that copper is not in the world. You will never use a copper broadsword because of the fact that copper is needed for the shortsword which is needed for the zenith. While the tin you might come across if you are a newbie. All I am saying is that the tin short sword has more usability than the copper broadsword only because of the materials needed to craft it. If the Zenith was deleted, then yes, the tin shortsword would be the worst weapon.

Fair point, but the copper broadsword is the worst item IF you spawn in a world with copper. If you have a tin world. Then yes. The tin shortsword is useless only because it negates the fact that copper is not in the world. You will never use a copper broadsword because of the fact that copper is needed for the shortsword which is needed for the zenith. While the tin you might come across if you are a newbie. All I am saying is that the tin short sword has more usability than the copper broadsword only because of the materials needed to craft it. If the Zenith was deleted, then yes, the tin shortsword would be the worst weapon.
What about saving your original shortsword? doesn't that defeat the whole post of this argument? and plus,we would be using the wooden sword here instead of the copper broadsword becuase it is just that bad.The tin shortsword is even worse,it has less damage , less range. Even as a 3 year newbie which I never defeated a single boss, I strayed away from shortswords.Shortswords are visble, But they don't do anything better than broadswords.

Correct but you defeated the purpose of your argument when you said "Wooden sword". It is not about trashy stats, it is about how people use them and yes the tin shortsword and the copper broadsword have both trashy stats and terrible use. But the wooden sword is so much easier to get than the copper broadsword. Also, keeping your copper shortsword is fine. But that defeats your argument too. You will never come across copper. Also, it will get lost in your inventory or some random chest (lol I have like 1000 chests that are filled with clutter). While same goes for tin stuff. The tin shortsword does suck more than the copper broadsword. But there are so many alternatives to the copper broadsword that make it unusable. While for the state of your game. If you are good with a shortsword and the copper one just does not do the job then go ahead and craft a tin one in a tin world. It is the many things that outclass the broadsword that make it unusable because of course the tin shortsword sucks but for people who use shortswords and are in a tin world there are not that many alternatives for an easily obtainable weapon.

Correct but you defeated the purpose of your argument when you said "Wooden sword". It is not about trashy stats, it is about how people use them and yes the tin shortsword and the copper broadsword have both trashy stats and terrible use. But the wooden sword is so much easier to get than the copper broadsword. Also, keeping your copper shortsword is fine. But that defeats your argument too. You will never come across copper. Also, it will get lost in your inventory or some random chest (lol I have like 1000 chests that are filled with clutter). While same goes for tin stuff. The tin shortsword does suck more than the copper broadsword. But there are so many alternatives to the copper broadsword that make it unusable. While for the state of your game. If you are good with a shortsword and the copper one just does not do the job then go ahead and craft a tin one in a tin world. It is the many things that outclass the broadsword that make it unusable because of course the tin shortsword sucks but for people who use shortswords and are in a tin world there are not that many alternatives for an easily obtainable weapon.
then again, all this defeats your arguement.

Back
Top Bottom