Worst Weapon or item

They can also hit one enemy multiple times and have much more disruption. They are more effective at keeping enemies away than most swords because of their knockback.
Yep, I just tested the Excalibur vs the Gungnir and the latter was much better at shredding through enemies

Spears to me are like longer, bulkier, slower short swords. Seriously, test a short sword with a spear, they behave very similarly.

But the shotbow fires out 2-4 arrows each shot, resulting in more damage
i was bout to say that but yea i used shotbow against plantera and beat her in seconds with the holy arrow combination but that the holy arrows im mainly talking about

but still doesn't the shotbow do more and anyways it can get up 4-2x the amount of dmg so you are right

I'm surprised that almost nobody mentioned the Tin tier in general. I've seen the shortsword, but overall, tin gear is only useful for vanity due to being a marginal upgrade over copper tools you literally start with.
One can also add the various exceedingly rare weapons from random drops, such as the Bone Sword, which would be useful if you got them while they're useful, but typically are found long after.

Some weapons are underpowered by design (such as wooden chest loot or copper stuff) while others are clearly added for fun and not with the intention to be good (paper airplanes, npc drops and debatably Jousting Lances). So I'll talk about stuff that has no excuse:

Chlorophyte Claymore: it's better than Excalibur and Brand but that's not a high bar to surpass, objectively worse than Chloro Saber

Cool Whip: Undoubtedly the worst whip in the game; the damage output of the Whip is lower than Firecracker/Durendal, and with a tag that doesn't buff minions in any way, deals negligible damage and lasts less time than the average whip tag so it's hard to micromanage.

Brand of the Inferno: Even when it works, it doesn't.

Purple Clubberfish:
1607718591469.png

Blade of Grass: Very weak in every aspect except for size, and that alone doesn't win fights

Sleepy Octopod: In my mod i multiplied its damage and range by 10 and it still sucks lol

Back
Top Bottom