Game Mechanics Writings

Kawarino

Terrarian
Since it was well accepted, here it comes again!

As said time ago, i always loved to write things, expecially in videogames (it gives an extra RPG flavour).
All those recipes can be crafted only near a bookshelf, and combined (scrolls) at the tinkerer workshop. Still working on the drop of the scrolls; i made them selled by the Mage because i didn't want to make another grind-fest item.

Book.png
+
Feather.png
+
Black_Ink.png
=
Book.png
Writable Book. They have a max of 30-60 pages (indicative, since i don't know what is the max for the engine)

Book.png
+
Red_Dye.png
(is only indicative, any color is avaible) = Colored book

The bookshelf should be an inventory, where put up to 10 books. Like this:
booksuggestion.png
Can't delete the "just clic" without delete the image :C

revamped scrolls.png
The scrolls are accessories that buff a debuff or give simple a buff:
For example the Fire Scroll, will boost the damage of On Fire! Debuff and so on. [It's a me sprites]

scrolls_ii_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d7v4xpi.png
You can combine the scrolls to obtain special scrolls, and by combining all of them, you will craft the last one. The parchment are bought from the Mage, and combining them with the related item, you will obtain the scroll. [It's a me sprites]

Parchment+Cursed Flames= Cursed Scroll
Parchment+Venom Flaks= Venom Scroll

This is how it should be, opened (the book):

2014-08-12_00005.jpg

The arrows, of course, are for turn the pages.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support! Oh, and tell me where is unclear and i'll improve if possible!
Nah... well, until the Guide doesn't start to drown :eek:, but that's nothing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support! Oh, and tell me where is unclear and i'll improve if possible!
Nah... well, until the Guide doesn't start to drown :)eek:), but that's nothing.
How are scrolls obtained?
And where would you combine them?

Only unclear things I can see. :dryadsmile:

This is one of the few things that works well in both Terraria and Minecraft. I love the minecraft book mechanic, and would love to see it here as well. Support.

Oh damn it was an hint for me but forgot to explain %-_-
They are bought...buy...that, from the Mage. The price isn't know at the moment.

P.S. Working on a new little thing.

Last edited:
This is one of the few things that works well in both Terraria and Minecraft. I love the minecraft book mechanic, and would love to see it here as well. Support.
I actually knew a guy in MC who wrote stories and poetry in books- good friend of mine. These books would also be useful for adventure maps. Thumbs up!

I could go for books. Books are nice.

That said, I don't think these scrolls are really necessary, especially as it takes nothing to obtain except HM and some money. This essentially means that none of the scrolls would be used by itself, instead it makes much more sense just to save up and then buy them all, then tinker them around.

Mind you, I'm not saying it should be built ankh charm style. That thing is just obnoxious.

I actually knew a guy in MC who wrote stories and poetry in books- good friend of mine. These books would also be useful for adventure maps. Thumbs up!
I play a survival PvP and like to keep a written book on me. If I died, the other person would usually pick up the book and read it, finding a "journal" in which I insult them (and every other team.)

The fact is: the scrolls are a secondary idea; infact they were added just for flavour, but i think they are a good idea. And you are right, buying isn't good, but i didn't want another RNG-based drop. Any ideas?

The fact is: the scrolls are a secondary idea; infact they were added just for flavour, but i think they are a good idea. And you are right, buying isn't good, but i didn't want another RNG-based drop. Any ideas?
Buy parchment from NPC. Craft with x to obain scroll y. Done.

OH! Damn i'm so bad in explanations %-_- for scrolls i meant the parchment, not the whole accessory! Then they are combined with the related item for the accessory. LIke parchment+Cursed Flames= Cursed Scroll. Going to fix that later, sorry for that!

The pictures are really well done here! I like this suggestion a lot, and do wish to see books that you can write in. Maybe you could even obtain books from different places, and they give you recipes that you can't use until you find that book? I dunno, just a though!

Anyway, very nice suggestion! I hope books you can write in will be added at some point in time.

Also, I really like the scrolls as well! Really cool sprites.

Back
Top Bottom