Xbox One Xbox One connectivity Issues

Doggxs

Terrarian
Here is the situation. We are playing on 4 xbox ones. 3 are in one house on the same router (my brother and his kids). They are hosting the world on one of their boxes. I am then joining in from a different network. We are playing on a medium world and we both have very good internet.

First issue. Many times when i try to join, the screen gets stuck on "connecting" after i request to join. After about a minute it drops and says to try again in a few minutes. No matter how many times you try it doesn't work. If they close and reload the world that usually fixes it. Sometimes i will be in the world and then booted from it. When i try to rejoin i get the same above message and can't rejoin until they close and reload the world. The other xboxs on his network never get this message. This made me think it was an issue with his router. We made his router treat his xbox as a DMZ to try to fix it and this didn't work either. Thoughts?

Second issue. While we are in the world if we split up and someone goes into the jungle/dungeon/ocean/hell it causes extreme lag in the game until someone gets kicked. We often have to restart the world when this happens. If we all go together to those locations it isn't an issue and the world doesn't crash.

Third issue. We tried to do the pumpkin moon and it kept kicking people out of the game. Only the main box was staying in it but it was lagging so hard he could barely see anything.

Just looking for some assistance since it is almost making the game unplayable from a multiplayer perspective. Bums us out.

That router your brother have seems pretty good actually. It seems to support NAT Reflection, which is a requirement when you have multiple consoles on the same network where one is hosting and the others are joining that said host.

First issue:

Have you tried hosting while your brother and his kids join? Is that more stable or is it the same?

One thing you could try is that the xbox that host the game have a fixed port number assigned to it. You do that under "Alternate port selection" in Network-Advanced settings. I don't know if you have to forward that port in the router manually, or if the router gets configured automatically through the UPnP service, as i haven't tried this myself.

Second and Third issue:

I don't have much experience with multiplayer Terraria, so I can't give advice regarding those. It does seem like others have experienced similar issues ever since 1.3 was released, so you're not alone. I suggest reporting them directly to the developers so that they know it's still an issue.
Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

Back
Top Bottom