XInput GamePad Support Mod [Pre-1.3]

Only double posting to bump, but uhh *ahem* I fixed the main issue I had with the game running out of memory and crashing so I'm actually able to play the game to test it out. Additionally, the worldgen crashing and savefile issues were (apparently) fixed by some other nerds on #tapi. However, there's still at least one bug right now: seeing other players in multiplayer crashes the game. So uhh, it will probably be a few days until we get all the bugs fixed at this rate lol
I have a question. Do you do this by yourself? Or do you have some sort of small team?

Only double posting to bump, but uhh *ahem* I fixed the main issue I had with the game running out of memory and crashing so I'm actually able to play the game to test it out. Additionally, the worldgen crashing and savefile issues were (apparently) fixed by some other nerds on #tapi. However, there's still at least one bug right now: seeing other players in multiplayer crashes the game. So uhh, it will probably be a few days until we get all the bugs fixed at this rate lol

A few days is still awesome.

Would it be too inconvenient to release a beta version of the mod even with that bug in? I really want to try this out, and we can help out rooting out bugs and testing before final release.

Would it be too inconvenient to release a beta version of the mod even with that bug in? I really want to try this out, and we can help out rooting out bugs and testing before final release.
Pls just be patient m8. Wait in the waiting room like all the other patients ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So uhh, there's still quite a bit of work to do. It will probably take a few more days. Here is a random screenshot:
21fa4341a2.jpg

Since I'm pretty much just fixing bugs at this point and I'm basically done adding all of the new features and such, here's the W.I.P. (NOT RELEASED YET) changelog for version 3.0 so far:
  • Controller vibrates more violently if you die on a hardcore character.
  • Changed name of the StickThreshold setting to JoystickThreshold.
  • Added ability to toggle the manually-controlled virtual mouse cursor:
    • When the cursor is disabled:
      • Left stick changes the currently highlighted menu option.
      • Accept with the "MenuAccept" control. Default: A.
      • Cancel with the "MenuCancel" control. Default: B.
      • You can no longer see the mouse cursor or control it with the right stick and the triggers.
    • When the cursor is enabled:
      • Move the mouse cursor with the left stick.
      • The cursor is initially moved to the center of the screen.
      • Scroll the scroll wheel with the right stick.
      • Press the Left Mouse Button (Abbreviated "LMB" in-game) with the "MenuAccept" control. Default: A.
      • Press the Right Mouse Button (Abbreviated "RMB" in-game) with the "MenuAcceptAlt" control. Default: X.
    • Added new control to toggle the virtual cursor: "MainMenu_ToggleCursor". Default: Y.
  • Added several new settings:
    • JoystickDeadzone: Joystick deadzone in percent (comes with the default set to 15 for Xbox One controllers. For Xbox 360 controllers, set this to 25. For other controllers, you'll have to set as low as possible without the cursor drifting when you aren't touching the stick)
    • MenuCursorSpeed_Min: Menu cursor speed the instant you push the joystick in a direction. Default: 250.
    • MenuCursorSpeed_Max: Menu cursor's top speed. Default 1000.
    • MenuCursorAccelDur: The duration of time (in seconds) it takes for the cursor to reach max speed (set to 0 to disable cursor acceleration). Default: 2 seconds.
    • MainMenuScrollSpeed: The speed at which the right stick scrolls the virtual mouse wheel (in notches/sec) when the cursor is visible.
    • MainMenu_AutoToggleCursor: Makes the main menu automatically enable the virtual mouse cursor for menus which cannot be controlled otherwise (such as the new Player Select menu).
  • New profile selector prompt on the main menu:
    • It is now located in the bottom center of the screen, separate from all of the context prompts.
    • Its controls were modified to not conflict with the virtual cursor toggle control:
    • Go to Next Profile: "MainMenuSelectProfile_Next". Default: RB.
    • Go to Previous Profile: "MainMenuSelectProfile_Prev". Default: LB.
  • The placement of the context button prompts on the main menu has been changed to the bottom-left corner.

Ok so I just wanted to let everyone know that thanks to PoroCYon the multiplayer is no longer broken. So for now all of the known bugs with the decompiled base game are fixed and the only bugs left are the ones actually in my mod. I'm also probably going to add a new cursor mode for use with yoyos.

Awesome! All of it actually, but the yoyo thing sounds really cool. I like using them, but I know it would have been really hard with your current set up. I was going to ask, but I thought it might be too pushy.

Hey up,
I seem to remember downloading an earlier version of this mod, and I recall that the first two hot bar slots had a controller binding of X and LB but the most recent version I tried doesn't appear to have this, only a mapping for LB, and while the mod is still great I just found it more difficult to fight effectively not being able to quickly switch between 2 weapons (usually a ranged and melee, but also I would stick the bug net on LB for quick insect catching during more relaxed portions)

So I was wondering, am I thinking of a different mod, is it something you took out or am I being really dense and I just need to switch it on or customise etc, also if it has been taken out, would there be anyway to re add or give the option for those of us that like it? As far as I can tell there isn't anything mapped to X, so I would imagine it wouldn't be a problem.

Cheers, and again great mod, feels almost like its meant to be there, really impressive stuff :)

Hey up,
I seem to remember downloading an earlier version of this mod, and I recall that the first two hot bar slots had a controller binding of X and LB but the most recent version I tried doesn't appear to have this, only a mapping for LB, and while the mod is still great I just found it more difficult to fight effectively not being able to quickly switch between 2 weapons (usually a ranged and melee, but also I would stick the bug net on LB for quick insect catching during more relaxed portions)

So I was wondering, am I thinking of a different mod, is it something you took out or am I being really dense and I just need to switch it on or customise etc, also if it has been taken out, would there be anyway to re add or give the option for those of us that like it? As far as I can tell there isn't anything mapped to X, so I would imagine it wouldn't be a problem.

Cheers, and again great mod, feels almost like its meant to be there, really impressive stuff :)

It's an option you will be able to customize based on previous versions. If he gets that bug with customization fixed everything should be fine.

So wait you need gamelauncher to use this mod yet you're currently modding it for 1.3 even though gamelauncher is still not released for it? Btw it would be nice to have a wip version of the mod available to download to all the impatient people.

So wait you need gamelauncher to use this mod yet you're currently modding it for 1.3 even though gamelauncher is still not released for it? Btw it would be nice to have a wip version of the mod available to download to all the impatient people.
A WIP version has been asked for, and denied. I personally don't mind the wait as much. While I'm not as good with a keyboard, I would rather have a finished quality product than an unfinished one.

It sounds like the major bugs have been worked out, a WIP version would make alot of people happy. The mod would still be updated at the same rate, I dont see any point in keeping it from the public. An unfinished product is better than no product at all, Thats why early access is so popular on steam.

Hey up,

X is mapped to grappling hook.
You can change all the controls in this mod other than the one for changing player numbers on the main menu.

It's an option you will be able to customize based on previous versions. If he gets that bug with customization fixed everything should be fine.
I already fixed that a while ago.

It sounds like the major bugs have been worked out, a WIP version would make alot of people happy. The mod would still be updated at the same rate, I dont see any point in keeping it from the public. An unfinished product is better than no product at all, Thats why early access is so popular on steam.
  • Extract the contents of this archive to your Terraria installation folder.
  • Run Meowmaritus.XGSM.exe
    • IT'S 1.3.0.3 ONLY, NOT 1.3.0.4!
    • Switching profiles on the main menu doesn't work
    • Button prompts don't show up for the inventory, NPC chat, or Quick Menu
    • NPC Chat doesn't work properly
    • The Manual cursor mode has buggy graphics
    • If you aren't able to move your selection on the main menu, it's because your actual computer's mouse pointer is pointing at a specific menu item. Move your mouse to fix it (it may be hard to tell because the mouse cursor is now hidden on the main menu).
    • The controller vibrates the entire time you hold out an aimable melee weapon (such as a flail or yoyo)
    • Controlling yoyos sucks

I STILL HAVEN'T BEATEN LUNATIC CULTIST OR MOON LORD I KINDA WANNA BEAT ALL OF THAT BEFORE I WORK MORE ON THIS MOD

Back
Top Bottom