XInput GamePad Support Mod [Pre-1.3]

Hey there, love your mod - just bought terraria because you added controler support well. I have a huge problem though - how to mine/dig/chop trees in the baxkground and how to aim? somehow cannot do any of it...

Hey there, love your mod - just bought terraria because you added controler support well. I have a huge problem though - how to mine/dig/chop trees in the baxkground and how to aim? somehow cannot do any of it...
Click the right stick in to toggle the Cursor Select Menu.
While the Cursor Select Menu is open, point the right stick in the direction of a cursor mode to highlight it.
To select the highlighted cursor mode, simply let go of the stick and let it return to the center.

To chop down trees you will need to select the Manual cursor mode, which allows you to manually move a cursor around by moving the right stick, similar to the inventory's cursor.

Also, hold down LB while the cursor is over a tree to use the game's auto select feature and automatically select an axe.

Hello,
here was a bug report that suddenly resolved itself?!

Thank you for your mod.

Regards

Last edited:
Really nice mod! Thanks for you work!
BTW, I am wondering if this mod compatible with tAPI?
It would be awesome if I could use your work with other mod at same time.

Really nice mod! Thanks for you work!
BTW, I am wondering if this mod compatible with tAPI?
It would be awesome if I could use your work with other mod at same time.
No it's not compatible with any other mods that have their own .EXE file such as tAPI.

Hey, is there any way to remove "acceleration" of the cursor while the menu is open? The stick is already analog, so acceleration here seems a bit unnecessary.

EDIT: While we're at it, is it possible to make the cursor mode automatic depending on the tool you have equipped?

2nd EDIT: I just tried it out for a good while, and i found it hard, when two chests are placed beside one another, to choose which one i want to open. The mod just kinda chooses for me, which is a bit annoying when having one chest for minerals and one for junk.

Last edited:
Hey, is there any way to remove "acceleration" of the cursor while the menu is open? The stick is already analog, so acceleration here seems a bit unnecessary.

EDIT: While we're at it, is it possible to make the cursor mode automatic depending on the tool you have equipped?

2nd EDIT: I just tried it out for a good while, and i found it hard, when two chests are placed beside one another, to choose which one i want to open. The mod just kinda chooses for me, which is a bit annoying when having one chest for minerals and one for junk.
  1. No I didn't put a way to toggle the acceleration, but I will now.
  2. With multiple viable modes for each tool, having presets for this wouldn't really work, and with well over 1000 item IDs, the customization would take ages. Far easier to just select the cursor modes yourself.
  3. Well there's a reason it says to press Y/Triangle to toggle which chest to open: so you know that you can press Y/Triangle to toggle which chest to open.

1. No I didn't put a way to toggle the acceleration, but I will now.
  2. With multiple viable modes for each tool, having presets for this wouldn't really work, and with well over 1000 item IDs, the customization would take ages. Far easier to just select the cursor modes yourself.
  3. Well there's a reason it says to press Y/Triangle to toggle which chest to open: so you know that you can press Y/Triangle to toggle which chest to open.

!. Appreciated, thanks.
2. Understandable.
3.Thanks! I wondered what the Y (toggle) above the chests meant, but now that I've tested it a little further, I see how it works.

This looks like a great mod. I decided to migrate from the (excellent) PS4 version to PC for the 1.3 update, but I didn't want to sacrifice controller support. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it running. I installed the latest version of GameLauncher and your mod, but whenever I run the game or the config tool I get the following error message.

This looks like a great mod. I decided to migrate from the (excellent) PS4 version to PC for the 1.3 update, but I didn't want to sacrifice controller support. Unfortunately I can't seem to get it running. I installed the latest version of GameLauncher and your mod, but whenever I run the game or the config tool I get the following error message.
Yeah sorry that's a known issue that I can't seem to fix. Either way, this version of the mod only supports Terraria 1.2.4. I'm going to have to port the mod code to Terraria 1.3 which will take a few weeks probably.

Yeah sorry that's a known issue that I can't seem to fix. Either way, this version of the mod only supports Terraria 1.2.4. I'm going to have to port the mod code to Terraria 1.3 which will take a few weeks probably.

I guess I'll cobble together an xpadder profile instead. Nevertheless, I appreciate the time you've spent putting this together; it must have been a lot of work. Maybe this particular bug will sort itself out during the port to 1.3.

Say it isn't so! I love this mod so much I bought the PC verson waiting for the 1.3 update. Using the keyboard and mouse for a game like this is terrible at best, which is why I loved your mod so much, it's just more natural. I don't suppose by weeks you mean days? hahah

Say it isn't so! I love this mod so much I bought the PC verson waiting for the 1.3 update. Using the keyboard and mouse for a game like this is terrible at best, which is why I loved your mod so much, it's just more natural. I don't suppose by weeks you mean days? hahah
I'm about to start updating the mod once the tAPI dev team get the game decompiled and fixed. It actually MIGHT be only a few days.

Good luck getting it done! Maybe the bug fixes they put in will help you with your work.
Not really; the bug fixes don't really make it any easier for me. However, things like the new character/world select screens make it much more difficult for me ( ͡; ͜ʖ ͡; )

Not really; the bug fixes don't really make it any easier for me. However, things like the new character/world select screens make it much more difficult for me ( ͡; ͜ʖ ͡; )
Sorry. I remembered you saying one time that some of the coding in this game is bad. I thought that if some of it was cleared up it might make things easier. Then again I don't know much about programming.

Back
Top Bottom