Your Favorite End-Game Ranged Weapons

HYL14NCR45T

Terrarian
S.D.M.G. Nuff said....
Anyway, for those of you who can't get the S.D.M.G., my favorite gun can't be decided, so I'll make one for each kind of gun.
  • BULLET DAMAGE: CHAIN GUN - Because, why the hell not? I mean, just add in some Chlorophyte Bullets for PvE, or some Venom Bullets for PvP, then grab yourself a rapid on, and you got yourself a killing machine. (S.D.M.G. is still better though)
  • ARROW DAMAGE: TSUNAMI - Well, 5 arrows at once. Grab an Unreal one, load it in with Chlorophyte Arrows, then death will happen for both PvP and PvE.
  • ROCKET DAMAGE: SNOWMAN CANNON - You guessed it, the Snowman Cannon. Just because, awesomeness. Load it in with Rocket IIIs and then, DEATH. Though it is banned on some servers for PvP, you can use...
  • ROCKET DAMAGE ALTERNATIVE: STYNGER - It hurts a lot, it doesen't damage you, it's like a downgraded Snowman Cannon.

I was a Mobile user, and I loved the Vulcan Repeater, but for computer id have to say the Tactical Shotgun with Chlorophyte Bullet

Have yet to do a Ranged playthrough (comin' up~), so I gotta' saaay... Chain Gun. Not for any damage or DPS, but load it with Party Bullets and the fun never stops. :cool:

I personally am a bit of a fan of the Sniper Rifle. :3 Being able to one-shot things from afar is just downright beautiful~ ^.=.^

Well, I have 2 favorites. One falls in the practicality catagory, while the other falls in the impractical category.

Practical: I love using Tsunami to absolutely shred bosses apart. You basically make mince meat out of them when you use the right type of arrow.

Impractical: Tactical Shotgun + High Velocity bullets. I like using this combo in a "this is my boomstick" fashion during Bloodmoons. Walk straight up to a zombie or other type of mob and just blow them away.

Elf Melter. It is the best way to inflict the fire debuff in PvP, and is a pretty easy to hit weapon. It's great for taking down Beetle Armor shields on enemies.

However, it is not great for direct combat in PvP. Once you set someone on fire with it, you should probably switch to something else.

As for PvE, it isn't really worth it to use compared to the other Frost Moon weapons.

Elf Melter. It is the best way to inflict the fire debuff in PvP, and is a pretty easy to hit weapon. It's great for taking down Beetle Armor shields on enemies.

However, it is not great for direct combat in PvP. Once you set someone on fire with it, you should probably switch to something else.

As for PvE, it isn't really worth it to use compared to the other Frost Moon weapons.
Really needs a buff for its late game obtaining level. PVP is basically only use.

Grenade Launcher!!!

About the only weapon in Terraria that I'd say I'm truly 'passionate' about. For me, it's what Ranged really needed - a way to easily dispatch groups of mobs from well out of harm's way. AKA from around corners. In that sense, I'd say there's really nothing quite like it available (okay, except the Jack 'o' Lantern launcher, but that thing just bounces to wherever the hell it wants to). Its mix of versatility, power, and crowd control is what earns it a spot for me on the hotbars of pretty much every character I play.

Pulse Bow. Simple, effective, efficient. Has a faster fire rate than the Tsunami too.

If I were to pick a gun, it'd have to be the Uzi with ichor bullets. it's satisfying.

Pulse Bow. Simple, effective, efficient. Has a faster fire rate than the Tsunami too.

If I were to pick a gun, it'd have to be the Uzi with ichor bullets. it's satisfying.

Nice stalking, brother!

But: I will admit that the Pulse Bow is super cool. I almost never get my greasy hands on it in real play, though. And always forget about it, for some reason. Sort of like the Ice Bow - yeah, I like the Ice Bow a lot too. It's another 'goes well with everything' kind of weapon. But the Grenade Launcher still beats Pulse for zapping things around corners. ;D

Most will pick guns, probably, but I've gotta say, the Tsunami blows everything else out of the water (pun totally intended). I've always thought of bows as more respectable alternatives to guns, which only adds a sharper edge to this completely awesome (and extremely lethal) weapon. The only one I like more is the S.D.M.G., which unfortunately cannot be obtained legitimately. Can't wait for 1.3 to legalize this shrewd dolphin!

Mostly any post plantera ranged weapon with either ichor or high velocity bullets. But if I had to choose id'd be the Uzi (even if its not post plantera) I've also started to use the tsunami which its pretty good

Back
Top Bottom