Console Your Opinion on Duping

I duped one time for the Terra Blade. I had actually acquired one without the use of dupes, but my game crashed, and I no longer had it, so I duped the BHS and made a new one.

someone threw around a bunch of duped stuff on a server. I used it. Playthrough ruined. I had a good run `:cry:

Statues, statues statues. Mostly because excavating +10 worlds for 1 Heart/Star/Bird/Skeleton statue is not fun, rewarding or productive. As for building blocks or gear(armour, equipment, weapons) I find it boring and takes away the enjoyment from me playing the game. I love to farm, I love to build farms and arenas, I can spend hours or days constructing just one farm arena in order to get that one specific item (looking at you Tactical Shotgun).

One point that some have already discussed about, is about giving away and/or accepting items that have been duplicated, which I do not enjoy having in my world, as I believe that one great and enjoyable aspect of this game is to find out things for yourself.
Thankfully, my friends that play in my world can borrow a certain item for the time they are spending in it such as construction accessories and they leave them once they are done. As they agree with my point of view when it comes to obtaining items.

Statues, statues statues. Mostly because excavating +10 worlds for 1 Heart/Star/Bird/Skeleton statue is not fun, rewarding or productive. As for building blocks or gear(armour, equipment, weapons) I find it boring and takes away the enjoyment from me playing the game. I love to farm, I love to build farms and arenas, I can spend hours or days constructing just one farm arena in order to get that one specific item (looking at you Tactical Shotgun).

One point that some have already discussed about, is about giving away and/or accepting items that have been duplicated, which I do not enjoy having in my world, as I believe that one great and enjoyable aspect of this game is to find out things for yourself.
Thankfully, my friends that play in my world can borrow a certain item for the time they are spending in it such as construction accessories and they leave them once they are done. As they agree with my point of view when it comes to obtaining items.

You're lucky to have Terraria friends like that. I used to have close to 1000 people on the friend list of my main account, and that's after adding and deleting a year's worth of others, and almost all of those people were interested in only one thing - getting as many free items from me as possible. I keep most of my items inside of one build and when people found them - it was all over. That's the only place anyone ever went (and that world is completely covered with builds - on the surface and below) and it got pretty annoying pretty fast.
At first, I just let anyone grab stuff, because I had lost my faith in the community, heh, but then I completely stopped inviting/opening my world to everyone except a handful of building buddies.
This obviously made me sad, because the reason I built an entire world was to share it with as many people as possible.
Now, I am slowly working on moving/hiding all my items so I can feel good about opening my world/s up again. I have a lot of other things I need to do though, so this isn't a priority.

It's a game where you build stuff and grab loot, it's not a moral dilemma. If you feel like wasting time digging with a crap pickaxe every new game because it "feels cheap" otherwise, you might have some deeper issues to work out. Legitimacy doesn't matter in a caual setting like terraria.

Last edited:

I do the exact same thing. I have build many big things, but never have I duped for anything, even for building blocks. I always make new worlds and delete them when I am done. It is fun to make worlds and suck all the resources with 2 other people on splitscreen and delete the world after. Hardmode ores are fun to gather on new worlds. I throw a voodoo doll in lava, and kill the WOF, and break demon altars. Then we destroy every ore we see until our inventories are full. After that, we go on my main world and smelt the ores and dump blocks, then sort inventories. When everyone is done, we go back on that world and destroy all wood and silt/slush, and stone. It takes a hour, but when one of your friends has mining armor, it is really fun!

Only once I beat the game and if its for building supplies/dyes as for rare items I usually don't dupe them but sometimes I do it for materials just to make a chest look less empty.

Although on my original main character I don't use duped items, everything he has is legit and I'm proud of that.

Only once I beat the game and if its for building supplies/dyes as for rare items I usually don't dupe them but sometimes I do it for materials just to make a chest look less empty.

Although on my original main character I don't use duped items, everything he has is legit and I'm proud of that.
I am proud of my legit items also.

I duped once. I instantly regretted it. It ruined the entire experience for me. I honestly think there shouldn't be duping allowed because those who dupe often give it other players and I just think that it ruins the experience for them.

I used to dupe, back before console 1.2, I stopped after my world got deleted out of nowhere. If anyone could tell me why I would be really interested.

Back
Top Bottom