Console Your Opinion on Duping

I went through and received the Platinum Trophy for this game without duping and I'm very proud of that (especially getting a Hallowed world before the Clentaminator).
Now I'll dupe building blocks, Temple traps and 53k stack of bullets. The game is still just as fun as the first day I purchased it. I love to build huge traps with wires and try to live through the various moon events.

Jimmy'swifey:

How is art more impressive if the artist "earns" or "buys" his/her materials?

IMO, art is art...creation and self-expression. The way in which the art is made is important, the process, but "earning", to me, has absolutely nothing to do with the process of creative expression.

An amazing guitarist is an amazing guitarist no matter if s/he is homeless and was given a cheap acoustic guitar or if s/he has enough money to buy a vintage les Paul

I feel duping is OK for, say... Titanium/Adamite. I only dupe those because finding them wastes time. That's all you need to dupe.

Honestly, I've play through this game about one metric duck times, and all I really do on single player is build, so yeah I dupe/hack things in because I've worked and grinded for them before so many times. I usually don't hack in multiplayer though because that takes away from the people I'm playing with.

I've only done it once for chlorophyte on mobile, because I couldn't take the waiting anymore. I was post plantera and still had hallowed armour.

Ok...
Duping building supplies on console is just as much cheating as using tedit for pc.

The popular opinion on this forum is that there is nothing whatsoever wrong with tedit and those who use it, so why is it seen as lazy and wrong to dupe building supplies on console?

*drops mic

*picks mic up

I dupe items for me and me only. When I read through the 'Want to Buy' section I'll sell items from my non-duped world/character. I love this game and don't want to run it for others.

*picks mic up

I dupe items for me and me only. When I read through the 'Want to Buy' section I'll sell items from my non-duped world/character. I love this game and don't want to run it for others.
It would not really ruin someone's game , because they still pay the same price for the same item wanted , however it is more moral to give worked items because that is the right thing to do . If you are not spaming with giveaway tons of items for free , the single thing u can do it's just ruining the game for yourself . But if you dupe blocks , what harm can possibly bring ? Do you want to grind 20 hours for a castle that you will probally scrap ? Or do you want to dupe enough to get that building done in a nice way ? :p Do it in the right way and there is not game breaking .

Its horrible, everytime I try to play a new game with someone, or someone joins, they always immediately start duping the most op stuff and ruining the entire game, and when I tell them to stop they are like "Dude your so boring stop whining". NEEDS TO BE REMOVED

I don't think every form of duping will or could ever be fixed which is why you should use this forum to find like-minded people to play with. If on console, keep it to invite-only and just invite these friends. Then you have no need to worry about others joining, duping, looting, griefing, etc. and ruining the game for you.

Back
Top Bottom