tModLoader ZoaklenMod

Change Boomerangs damage to Throwing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-- Sorry, I was 1 month and something more without my PC (It was really long for me), I will fix all the bugs listeds.

Thanks for the bug reports

Hi ! I've been playing this mod and I noticed that the Stellar set only has 2 shades, so I tried to resprite some stuff:happy:

Hope you like them, I'm not really an expert on spriting.
Mine are the ones on the bottom.
Zoaklen Items.png

Since I got the Stellar armor, I got a few suggestions. Consider this constructive criticism ;)

First, I love the set bonus. I would suggest to be able to switch the hotkey though, and Instead of having to be at 50 mph, make it so that youu can teleport after hitting an enemy with a throwing weapon.

Defense is alright, could be a little bit higher (maybe 57?) but isn't really that bad.
Offense could be higher. When compared to other celestial sets, it has low damage increase.
Vortex: +36% dmg, +27% crit (Even more with the stealth)
Stardust: +66% dmg (wow :p)
Nebula: +26% dmg, +16% crit (Even more with damage nebulas)
Solar: +22% dmg, +17% crit (Low in comparison, but the defense and damage reduction are great)
Stellar: +20% dmg, +20% crit.
Since Throwing is supposed to be sort of silent assassins (Ninja lol) the damage should be pretty high. Maybe around +40% dmg (give or take 5%).

Finally, the extra bonuses. The speed effects are good. I don't know what the resistance thing does. And the Dash could be replaced with something else since the bonus requires the Stellar Gear which already proved that and more. Maybe more crit or damage, or something unique if you can think of it. *edit* Maybe give Ichor debuff?
Don't forget the sprites too :p that would be all.

My sky breaker soler excaliburs phase through the ground and I dont know why the only mods im using are thorium and zoaklen.

Last edited:
@--Elias--

I don't know if you are a "expert spriter", but you are a spriter much better than me lol.
Also for the bonus suggestions, I always thought that, but never had any better ideas :/
Also² the quick teleport speed idea is a good change

@rjcrow73

Thanks for the bug report

I have something to point out with the thrown damage versions of some of the weapons, for example Magic Dagger. They are stated as thrown damage, and do damage based on the stats it shows. But they still do their original damage type, in this case, magic damage.
I've noticed this while playing with other mods such as Thorium, which adds the Lich boss equipment, and an accessory that it drops on expert mode is one with an active that makes all throwing damage critically strike, and also the "Guide to Expert Throwing" accessories also don't proc off of this damage from the "throwing damage" Magical Dagger, showing that they don't actually deal throwing damage.
I have tested this with a couple of other weapons as well: Light Discs and Shadowflame Knife which can both be converted to "throwing damage", and althrough they scale with throwing damage bonuses, they don't actually hit for throwing damage.
Please could you look into fixing this?

@CrimsnMonkey

I don't know exactly if it's fixed but I saw that the projectiles have their damage property too, so I changed the "Thrown" versions projectiles to thrown damage too.

Thanks for the bug report

I don't know whether this was an intended change, but the normal variety of items that can be changed to thrown damage also scale with thrown damage since the patch.
Screenshot_16.png Screenshot_17.png
Also there's a bug which tbh, isn't really 100% your responsibility, but the Tide Turner armour set bonus in Thorium bugs out with your thrown variants of weapons (I'm still not 100% sure whether it is a mixture of the mods or whether it is this mod, and the Tide Turner armour is just being seen as part of the problem, but it isn't), but I believe that when you have a thrown variant of a weapon selected, I think it makes all damage you do as thrown damage, which it shouldn't be doing.

Ayy, @Zoaklen! I came with some sprites and ideas.
This is the Stellar Cannonball!
Stellar Cannonball.png

You can craft it by having 30 cannonballs and 1 or 5 stellar fragments @Ancient Manipul. Does much more damage than the normal Cannonball, and is basically ammo for the Stylish Stalker weapon.

The Inquisitor
The Inquisitor.png

Crafted with Fire Essence, Phoenix Blaster and Phoenix Blade @Ancient Manipulator. Has very high damage (near sniper-like) little to no spread ,and very low speeds. Each shot sets enemies on Fire. When Right-clickes, shoots out 3 bullets with small spread, consuming 3 bullets.
'Good ol' times...'

Stellar Shuriken Launcher
Stellar Shuriken Launcher.png

Crafted with Dart Pistol, Shurikens x999 and Stellar Fragments x3 @Ancient Manipulator. Does good damage, has quick shooting speeds, little to no spread and only uses Shurikens as ammo. When Right-clicked, shoots out 7 Shurikens with higher speed, bigger spread and lower damage. When Left-clicked, shoots out 1 Shuriken with normal speed but higher damage.
'Fast and Furious!'

Are you planning on adding endlesses for the rest of the arrows? I'm doing a ranger run and got quite disappointed when I went to craft the endless hellfire quiver and it wasn't there.

How about adding a endless ammo pouch/quiver equivalent for rockets?
Rockets are always left in the dust and I find that very unfair.

Back
Top Bottom