Pixel Art Zoomo's Art

I'm nowhere near this good at pixel art/art in general so I probably don't deserve to give any criticism, but...

1. The dark outline on the player/npcs feels out of place. I know it's intended to make the characters stand out from the background, but using solid black feels strange when everything else has a grey/colored outline.

2. The pose of the character on the left and the goblin doesn't match the perspective. I think the left leg should be one or two pixels shorter than the right one.

3. Character on the right looks like he's about to fall over backwards. He should be leaning a bit more forward so he's in a more natural walking pose.

I'm nowhere near this good at pixel art/art in general so I probably don't deserve to give any criticism, but...

1. The dark outline on the player/npcs feels out of place. I know it's intended to make the characters stand out from the background, but using solid black feels strange when everything else has a grey/colored outline.

2. The pose of the character on the left and the goblin doesn't match the perspective. I think the left leg should be one or two pixels shorter than the right one.

3. Character on the right looks like he's about to fall over backwards. He should be leaning a bit more forward so he's in a more natural walking pose.
Good Point! There's also a rule for art/ design i've heard before. "Never use Black" on you art.

Ok I made a few tweaks, I've got to agree it works better with the lighter outlines. Thanks for the critique. :^)
dirt block.png

-edit- little bit more

Last edited:
Ohh you added shelf, with Book and Waterleaf in the Clay Pot + papers on the table. I knew something was more different from older variant.
can you do something with the water, it could look little weird you you will walk/run or stand on the (edge of the) water when you drank Water Walking Potion. You can see you are standing on the

I kinda feel sad because you will don't any bigger request than portraits :(, first five request were amazzing to see and use as avatar. If I know only one used it as vatar, which is sad.

He also added some paper on the table above the mouse.

The Mouse looks fine, without the outline you might have trouble noticing its a mouse, since he's so small.

Hi Zoomo! :D
I think you're hacking. Stop it.
Anyways, could I use your Colossal Tortoise in my mod? It looks freaking amazing :D Which further supports the above claim.

Someone actually asked the same thing a bit ago. Like I told them you are totally free to use the turtle if you give permission but I will give you a fair warning. They attempted to put it in but I think they ended up deciding it was a bit too big :dryadtongue:

Within the top 15 sprites in your OP's Spoiler, you could practically make an Underworld Alternative, you might need a couple other kinds of mobs, maybe a "mage" (like the imp) but that would make a nice Cannon Addition, or a Mod.

How does "The Void" sound?
(While I make a great idea, I'm no modder or coder, I unfortunately couldn't contribute much more to this if it were to happen.)

My aptly named GabeHasWons Mod. It's in my signature twice :p But from this message, I'll respond in a private conversation, I don't want to block up this sprite thread with this :p

Back
Top Bottom