[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
multiplayer does not work for exxo avalon 1.3, and considering terraria 1.3.1 is coming any hour now, the mod will not work either unless you copy all your terraria folders and move them somewhere else.

I know it's a bit late, but thanks for the reply. At least I finally know what's wrong.

please make this mod for tmodloader!!! im really bad couldnt even follow your install guide and tmod is my best friend XDD ples

I was wondering if I could make the tModLoader Version of Avalon. I have decent coding experience (imkSushi's Mod), and would start work as soon as I have wrapped up imkSushi's Mod 2.5.0. I also have a decent decompiler, so I can browse the source code and compare it with normal Terraria source code. I can make Avalon compatible with other mods as well.
Basically, unless @blahblahbal says no, I will start porting this mod over to tModLoader after I have finished with the next version of imkSushi's Mod.

He did say that he would do it, or was thinking about it.

The issue with you doing it, is that most things are not in the 1.3 version, and there is still a ridiculous amount of work to actually implement the full Avalon experience there. (I'm assuming you would port the version on 1.3 already, forgive my ignorance if that is not the case).

If that is not a problem, then I believe most people would be happy to know that you were either doing it or helping @blahblahbal do it.

He did say that he would do it, or was thinking about it.

The issue with you doing it, is that most things are not in the 1.3 version, and there is still a ridiculous amount of work to actually implement the full Avalon experience there. (I'm assuming you would port the version on 1.3 already, forgive my ignorance if that is not the case).

If that is not a problem, then I believe most people would be happy to know that you were either doing it or helping @blahblahbal do it.
Well Blah has also said that he was making a mod for Minecraft, and he is rarely on TCF atm. I have the 1.2.4.1 version which I can decompile as well, and I can grab the tConfig Version off the main post of the thread. I can also have a look at @Bullseye55's tAPI mod (which I can decompile).

I guess it's only up to him then, happy to hear it :D
To put it simply, Blah is a nice guy, he knows I've got good ideas to add as well, and now that I am a competent coder, I just want his approval. Even if he disapproves, I will probably make it anyway, just that I'll be unable to publicly distribute it.

@blahblahbal is currently working on AvalonMod 1.3, as well as a source port of it. The mod isn't abandoned, but we were rather waiting for stableness(Which 1.3.1 brought after its hotfixes). AvalonMod modding will continue soon in the public eye, but for now, things are being kept a bit quiet to prevent content spoilers and leaks of what we have discussed in implementing. Not even the AvalonMod testers know about the stuff.

@imkSushi, the mod is approved under the AvalonMod Team for our use only. The team and I do not grant permission for a 3rd-party updater to redo the mod, final. Just know that things are active behind the scenes more-so than it appears here, and I thank you for the offer.

Speaking of which....now that you bring it up, someone with experience even better, I'd put you on the AvalonMod team to get to coding with me if you so desired. Be part of the main team and have spriters to help and the original active creators to guide you. I'd probably be able to get approval from Blah much faster than people outside the team on decisions like team members, not including keep you up to date with background happenings. Not including you will have access to the assets we use, such as sprites. :)

Edit: Using the sprites in the mod constitutes a violation of copyright due to our multitude of authors, which is hereby illegal and can constitute possible legal action. Quite a few sprites are given to the AvalonMod team only through the basis of the team alone: Not through any one of us. We simply can't give them out or let a re-maker use them, as it would violate copyright of a lot of spriters who wouldn't approve.

Last edited:
@blahblahbal is currently working on AvalonMod 1.3, as well as a source port of it. The mod isn't abandoned, but we were rather waiting for stableness(Which 1.3.1 brought after its hotfixes). AvalonMod modding will continue soon in the public eye, but for now, things are being kept a bit quiet to prevent content spoilers and leaks of what we have discussed in implementing. Not even the AvalonMod testers know about the stuff.
Wow, this is really getting me excited. All's I can say now is best of fortune to you and the rest of the AvalonMod team in the endeavors to port/create a great mod.

Wow, this is really getting me excited. All's I can say now is best of fortune to you and the rest of the AvalonMod team in the endeavors to port/create a great mod.
We are trying, for sure. Terraria updates are something what we didn't have to deal with back in 1.1's inactive time, which was AvalonMod's most active times. Just the process of adapting and waiting for Terraria to slow down its updates before things go stable again for modding(Else we'll have to redo all the work again in a week or so.). I haven't heard anything about an upcoming hotfix, so that marks some good news.

We are trying, for sure. Terraria updates are something what we didn't have to deal with back in 1.1's inactive time, which was AvalonMod's most active times. Just the process of adapting and waiting for Terraria to slow down its updates before things go stable again for modding(Else we'll have to redo all the work again in a week or so.). I haven't heard anything about an upcoming hotfix, so that marks some good news.
Yeah, I understand. Must be pretty frustrating. Honestly though, you and the team and can take all the time that is needed, because without a doubt, it will certainly be worth it when it's finished.

@imkSushi, the mod is approved under the AvalonMod Team for our use only. The team and I do not grant permission for a 3rd-party updater to redo the mod, final. Just know that things are active behind the scenes more-so than it appears here, and I thank you for the offer.

Speaking of which....now that you bring it up, someone with experience even better, I'd put you on the AvalonMod team to get to coding with me if you so desired. Be part of the main team and have spriters to help and the original active creators to guide you. I'd probably be able to get approval from Blah much faster than people outside the team on decisions like team members, not including keep you up to date with background happenings. Not including you will have access to the assets we use, such as sprites. :)

Edit: Using the sprites in the mod constitutes a violation of copyright due to our multitude of authors, which is hereby illegal and can constitute possible legal action. Quite a few sprites are given to the AvalonMod team only through the basis of the team alone: Not through any one of us. We simply can't give them out or let a re-maker use them, as it would violate copyright of a lot of spriters who wouldn't approve.
No offence is meant:
1. If I want to, I can use the sprites and code for what I want provided I do not distribute it, or call it my own work. Spritewise, I can just resprite anyway, as I am not a bad spriter.
2. Blah's rare appearances on TCF give the impression that he has abandoned Terraria. An analogy is what would happen if a leader of a political party was only briefly seen once a week. People would think that they would have abandoned the party.
3. Who are the AvalonMod Testers? I can have a guess at who they are but I can't say for sure.
4. As much as I don't want to provoke anyone, if I did hypothetically violate the copyright, I really really doubt that anyone would take legal action against me. But anyway, I would never dream of violating the copyright intentionally, so you don't have to worry.
5. Is there going to be a tMod Version?

No offence is meant:
1. If I want to, I can use the sprites and code for what I want provided I do not distribute it, or call it my own work. Spritewise, I can just resprite anyway, as I am not a bad spriter.
2. Blah's rare appearances on TCF give the impression that he has abandoned Terraria. An analogy is what would happen if a leader of a political party was only briefly seen once a week. People would think that they would have abandoned the party.
3. Who are the AvalonMod Testers? I can have a guess at who they are but I can't say for sure.
4. As much as I don't want to provoke anyone, if I did hypothetically violate the copyright, I really really doubt that anyone would take legal action against me. But anyway, I would never dream of violating the copyright intentionally, so you don't have to worry.
5. Is there going to be a tMod Version?
1. Yes, that has always been the option for private play and modding in general. Just make sure to not peer-2-peer transfer a modified, copyrighted work, as the rules qualify that as the same thing, not including if someone you thought you knew leaked it online and it all came back to you. To block private modding would be to block the inspiration of the modding community itself, which I cannot force myself to do.
2. Look on Steam. Active every day just like I am. I'm only on TCF for The Island Roleplay and checking alerts currently, but I'm available via Steam almost every day. The forums have never been a good place to contact the team, but rather through Steam's IM service.
3. The testers of the mod include around nine people selected to test the beta, in-progress versions of the mod. Not going to name names, but they are there and can present themselves if they so want to.
4. It isn't the team that would take this to a real world court, Sushi, but rather the ones we got several of the sprites from. You should always assume maximum guard around copyrights, else you'll find yourself knee deep in trouble, as you never know who is going to sue and who isn't anymore. Still, the entire team and spriters involved will get the work took down from the official forums if it is used. Moderators and staff here have a policy of not breaking copyright, and we've been through a few instances before in which that was invoked.
5. A TerrariaModloader version is in the works, but it may take some time to fully produce a working version. Team's been using Source and Prism, so it is a bit of a change from the standard pace...which is why I offered you the team slot to help accelerate things in that department. :p

Need to know whether you would want to or not, Sushi. If you do, add my Steam account and tell me personally. The account name is "Bullseye55" without the quotation marks. Someone like you really could help in the department we've been lacking in, I feel. :)

1. Yes, that has always been the option for private play and modding in general. Just make sure to not peer-2-peer transfer a modified, copyrighted work, as the rules qualify that as the same thing, not including if someone you thought you knew leaked it online and it all came back to you. To block private modding would be to block the inspiration of the modding community itself, which I cannot force myself to do.
2. Look on Steam. Active every day just like I am. I'm only on TCF for The Island Roleplay and checking alerts currently, but I'm available via Steam almost every day. The forums have never been a good place to contact the team, but rather through Steam's IM service.
3. The testers of the mod include around nine people selected to test the beta, in-progress versions of the mod. Not going to name names, but they are there and can present themselves if they so want to.
4. It isn't the team that would take this to a real world court, Sushi, but rather the ones we got several of the sprites from. You should always assume maximum guard around copyrights, else you'll find yourself knee deep in trouble, as you never know who is going to sue and who isn't anymore. Still, the entire team and spriters involved will get the work took down from the official forums if it is used. Moderators and staff here have a policy of not breaking copyright, and we've been through a few instances before in which that was invoked.
5. A TerrariaModloader version is in the works, but it may take some time to fully produce a working version. Team's been using Source and Prism, so it is a bit of a change from the standard pace...which is why I offered you the team slot to help accelerate things in that department. :p

Need to know whether you would want to or not, Sushi. If you do, add my Steam account and tell me personally. The account name is "Bullseye55" without the quotation marks. Someone like you really could help in the department we've been lacking in, I feel. :)
2. I hardly ever use steam, I find it a pain (problems with compatibility settings on Terraria etc.), but that is probably just me.
3. I have a list of six potential people who could be on the testing team, the same people who where on the 2015 - 2016 server.
4. I would never knowingly violate copyright anyway.
5. When I offered to port Avalon to tMod, I did that for a few reasons:
  • I really like Avalon
  • I wanted a new project for after I'm done on imkSushi's Mod 2.5.0 (don't worry, I'll still keep imkSushi's Mod going after that)
  • I like working by myself mostly, so that I have not much time pressure
As such I reckon that if I were to join, I would not speed up the pace much, BUT if you really want me, I'm always happy to help. If you ever want to know any of the code behind any of my work, feel free to ask.

To finish, I would just like to say that everything is up to my fans. At the moment, I have just been stuck between three possibilities:
  • Avalon, if you really want me
  • Negadium, if they really want me
  • imkSushi's Terraria, a new mod that I have been contemplating that would be a massive content mod done solely be me (and a few spriters as well maybe).
If you want to contact me personally, set up a new Convo on TCF, as I hardly use steam.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, I am not moving on to another project until I have finished imkSushi's Mod 2.5.0, so until hopfully some time next week.

Hey I keep getting an error when I try to launch it up,

''Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error Loading ''Images/TileCracks''. File Not Found. ''

Does anyone know how to fix this? i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times

2. I hardly ever use steam, I find it a pain (problems with compatibility settings on Terraria etc.), but that is probably just me.
3. I have a list of six potential people who could be on the testing team, the same people who where on the 2015 - 2016 server.
4. I would never knowingly violate copyright anyway.
5. When I offered to port Avalon to tMod, I did that for a few reasons:
  • I really like Avalon
  • I wanted a new project for after I'm done on imkSushi's Mod 2.5.0 (don't worry, I'll still keep imkSushi's Mod going after that)
  • I like working by myself mostly, so that I have not much time pressure
As such I reckon that if I were to join, I would not speed up the pace much, BUT if you really want me, I'm always happy to help. If you ever want to know any of the code behind any of my work, feel free to ask.

To finish, I would just like to say that everything is up to my fans. At the moment, I have just been stuck between three possibilities:
  • Avalon, if you really want me
  • Negadium, if they really want me
  • imkSushi's Terraria, a new mod that I have been contemplating that would be a massive content mod done solely be me (and a few spriters as well maybe).
If you want to contact me personally, set up a new Convo on TCF, as I hardly use steam.

Oh yeah, forgot to say, I am not moving on to another project until I have finished imkSushi's Mod 2.5.0, so until hopfully some time next week.
just to clarify, im not a tester, though i was on the server for some time. so if one of the six was me you were thinking of, this is just to say im not a tester.

Oh thank god, I thought this mod was going to die.

#MakeAvalonGreatAgain2k16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom