tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,453 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,588 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to beat Yharon "prepare to cry edition"? Even with full God Slayer set and all that endgame stuff, I get oneshot as soon as it touches me...and then I'm sad...

Today I started doing a mage playthrough with calamity in my modpack. And so far, among all the mage-related items, two of them them stood out the most for being over-powered : The mana overloader and Night's Ray (which I know has been mentioned time and again). I acquired a bulb armor from Thorium pretty early in the game and got the Night's Ray and Mana Overloader after beating the slime gods. And these two pretty much carried me upto calamitas.

Wall of Flesh Killed in 15-ish seconds.
Cryogen downed.
Any pre-mech boss imaginable, downed with ease.
Destroyer downed.
The twins downed.
Died to skeletron twice.(Thanks Calamity)
Farmed twins for hallowed armor. Acquired the hallowed armorset.
Skeletron downed.
Brimstone Elemental downed
Calamitas downed.

At this point the Night's Ray became somewhat obsolete. But the fact that a prehardmode weapon can carry you this far into the game probably isn't well-balanced. This of course, wouldn't be possible without the Mana Overloader, which, in my humble opinion is a tad too strong for when you acquire it. With decent mana regen, whenever you run out of mana, you can pretty much get infinite life-steal. In my case my mana regened fast enough to continue my attacks at nearly 0 mana. Allowing me to life steal as long as I want.

Tl;dr: Mana overloader is pre-nerf spectre armor in an accessory and the Night's ray is still strong as hell (And arguably overpowered).

When did the perforator got changed?
[doublepost=1488480638,1488480594][/doublepost]By changed i'm talking about his first thing to spawn, the "brain"

Last edited:
Thanks
[doublepost=1488482084,1488482026][/doublepost]I was kind of confused because here the description here didn't changed

This is why mortals shouldn't temper with the works of Legends
Vault_Of_Pandora.gif

Vault_Of_Pandora_Opened.gif

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to beat Yharon "prepare to cry edition"? Even with full God Slayer set and all that endgame stuff, I get oneshot as soon as it touches me...and then I'm sad...
Try a giant bridge across the whole world made of asphalt with 2 layers of temple bricks below it. Grab a dev weapon and run like hell. When you get to the end of the bridge, teleport around using a Rod of Discord or a teleporter, or just fly above him and dash around him. If you have the Thorium Mod, it might be a good idea to get the Devil's Carapace for extra revives. If this doesn't work, then I don't know what will, because this is what I did.
Or take @TheFoxGoesMoo's advice and git gud.
EDIT: If you are melee, or even if you aren't, Counter Scarf's dodge might help.

So first thing that I noticed that is RIDICULOUSLY different in the new update is the dang Hive Mind. If something is done good enough, I really don't see any reason to change it. That is not the case with the Hive Mind, and you people changed it for the better! I always thought the fight was too simple, and merely just a BoC copy with some tweaks. This version changed my perspective on it, as it is nearly impossible for me to kill it with what I used to use. Keep up the good work, and if anyone has tips for beating it please do tell because this thing is so much harder now. :confused:
I feel like they went a bit overboard with it honestly. It spawns way too many things and they all do stupid amounts of damage. I remember seeing myself be hit by a 51 damage projectile, and considering how many of them there are, it's close to impossible for a pre skeletron boss fight, and for the gear that you get from defeating it. It REALLY isn't worth it.

Last edited:
So, how do I get the teratoma? If I need true shadow scales that drop from the boss I'm trying to spawn idk what to do besides spawn it in Nvm I just am stupid

Last edited:
I have a suggestion: It sometimes annoyes me if the bumble birds don't want to spawn, so I had an idea of adding sth. like a "Bumble Candle", which would be crafted from a water candle, the feathers from the birds or something like that. If you would be near it, it would insanely increase the spawn rate of bumble birds, like when one is dead, 30s after another one spawns. I think it would really help people who are farming yharon.

am i the only one who imagined Andromeda to be another worm boss the first time i heard about it?

also, instead of just adding more health in prepare to die and cry edition, you can add more abilities to bosses! for example, i the Eoc's second form, it can keep spawining minions, but they do more damage and get more health and are summoned more often as the bosses health goes down. and when skeletrons hands are destroyed, as it's heads health ges down, it starts spawning shades or shoots more skulls at once and faster. or skeletron prime's bombs cand seek the player or the arms can regrow over time. I know you can't effect bosses from other mods in prepare to die and cry edition, but it would be cool if this happens!

Last edited:
Yeah. I think, honestly, still with buffs to their stats, the PTC/D bosses should have more of an actual effect through skill instead of just 'make huge arenas and tons of buffs and hope you win', because that isn't really fun. Or, more so, it doesn't really show skill, just that you have enough patience to get through it. That's not how it should work, at least in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom