Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

v0.10.0.2
-Fixed GlobalNPC.PreDraw getting called when PostDraw should be called
-Made menus less prone to crashes
-Fixed Extract Mod menu crash
-Fixed Mac/Linux Server files
-Added PreUpdateMovement hook for ModPlayer
-NewProjectileDirect method in Projectile for simpler access to the Projectile instance
-Fixed a tile-preview flashing bug
-Fixed several dust lighting issues
-Added JumpHeight and JumpSpeed hooks for ModMountData
-Made MountLoader methods public
-Detect modder errors with TileObjectData.AddTile
-Report silent exceptions to modders
-Added ModifyDamageHitbox hook for projectiles
-Fixed a ModPlayer issue

Just updated. Everytime I start it up and it gets to Loading Mods it dies, generally on the last mod. Windows says Terraria has stopped working. Is there anyway to stop it from loading mods or anything? i've tried deleting and re-installing, gettin rid of the entire documents terraria folder etc... but for some reason it keeps trying to load mods.

Mods are in : C:/Windows/Users/[YourUserName]/MyDocuments/MyGames/Terraria/ModLoader/Mods

just joined the discord, got it answered there. Didn't know i needed to get rid of the enabled.json to clear that list. apparently Itemlist mod was crashing it.

Hello, I am trying to update a mod from 0.9 to 0.10(the mod is called Itemtronics and not from me, but i want to try to update it, because I don't know how to make such mod) and I am getting a compiling error wich I don't know how to fix:
error CS1502: Die beste Übereinstimmung für die überladene 'Terraria.NetMessage.SendData(int, int, int, Terraria.Localization.NetworkText, int, float, float, float, int, int, int)'-Methode hat einige ungültige Argumente.
sorry it's german but it is an argument error

If someone could help me make a simillar mod, that would be awesome too.

P.S.This mod is from @FeldrinH and if this is not allowed please tell me
The recent Terraria update slightly changed the way that the SendData function works. I suspect that you just need to replace "" with null in NetMessage.SendData.

Nothing much, really. I just got my temple key, opened the Temple entrance, and then shredded him.

I have only thought of four possible reasons this happened.
  1. A couple of minutes/hours ago before Golem, I had done a lot of progress and Saved and Quit, but the game crashed midway during the process. It left my inventory intact (as in, the drops I gained from before that were in my inventory are still there), but all things I did to my world were now gone. I suspected it may have corrupted the file or something. IIRC, this was done somewhere either before or after Plantera's defeat.
  2. I had downloaded the Spirit Mod around the exact beginning of Hardmode (i.e an hour after I killed the Wall of Flesh). I suspect this added new bosses to the list, which probably would've thrown the mod off as there were some things missing (e.g no Spirit Mod biomes). I did not slay any pre-Hardmode Spirit Mod bosses, so that may have thrown it off.
  3. I had enabled OmniSwing ver. 1.8, for the previous ModLoader. I enabled it as I thought there wouldn't be any danger since it only enabled one effect. Maybe that warning was right.
  4. The one I'm most convinced with was the fact that at certain times, my game crashes for some strange reason. It either comes from Butchering, Disabling Spawns, using the Relic of Progenitus from Loot Craze (I notified @Yuyutsu about this already; no response yet), or when the game is Saving and Quitting. The weirdest part is, this is no ordinary crash. Upon crashing, attempting to reopen Terraria becomes invalid, as it is missing files or something. I posted about it earlier, I will try and find it and post it. The only way to fix it was by reopening a fresh ModLoader winrar file and replacing the current files. It seemed to work after that. It might have something to do with it.
Before the Golem battle, I had to reslay Plantera due to my game receiving a strange crash. During the Golem battle, I used the Chaparral yo-yo from the Spirit Mod as it killed him pretty quick. I saw the messages, but I can't remember them all. However, when I went to the Dungeon entrance, they weren't there. Spawning in Martian Probes did not summon the event, and spawning in the Saucer made it instantly despawn, meaning that, for some reason, the vanilla game did not detect Golem's death properly. I had killed him multiple times (even by putting the Altar back in the Temple in the exact same spot it originally was), but all I got was an orespawn message from EotA mod. I even spawned all previous bosses (including the ones I didn't fight) and killed them all. Still not sure what's going on.
Out of interest, have you tried copying your world back to vanilla Terraria and seeing what happens when you defeat Golem? If it works like normal, you may be able to copy the world back to tModLoader and continue. But please back up your .wld and .twld files first.

Out of interest, have you tried copying your world back to vanilla Terraria and seeing what happens when you defeat Golem? If it works like normal, you may be able to copy the world back to tModLoader and continue. But please back up your .wld and .twld files first.

I will try that. Thanks.

However, I began to notice something else. This is just a possibility, but I'm beginning to doubt it.

For some strange reason, passive NPCs are not spawning naturally anymore. This may be the reason why the Cultists did not spawn. This does not, however, provide an explanation for the martians, unfortunately.

I swear to god, what is this, "No suitable graphics card found. Unable to create the graphics device." bug?! Jesus! This is the same bug I've had when my world crashed! What's it doing on vanilla Terraria? I can't even access it anymore!

EDIT: Oh, nevermind. lol

Last edited:
The recent Terraria update slightly changed the way that the SendData function works. I suspect that you just need to replace "" with null in NetMessage.SendData.

Thanks i'll try it.

@Solo-Ion now it gives me this error:
Die beste Übereinstimmung für die überladene 'Terraria.NetMessage.SendData(int, int, int, Terraria.Localization.NetworkText, int, float, float, float, int, int, int)'-Methode hat einige ungültige Argumente.

and with google translator in english:
The best match for the overloaded 'Terraria.NetMessage.SendData (int, int, int, terraria.Localization.NetworkText, int, float, float, float, int, int, int)' method has some invalid arguments.

EDIT: It also tells me to replace the old lang array system: Lang arrays have been replaced with the new Language.GetText system. What should I put there instead

Last edited:
just joined the discord, got it answered there. Didn't know i needed to get rid of the enabled.json to clear that list. apparently Itemlist mod was crashing it.
Do you know any other mods that would cause that problem? I'm getting the same issue and I don't have Itemlist.
"CalamityMod",
"imkSushisMod",
"Fargowiltas",
"MagicStorage",
"FlyingMinionsIgnoreTerrain",
"YoyoAttackSpeedWorkaround",
"Infinity",
"WhatAmmoDoesItShoot",
"ReducedGrinding",
"BouncyCoins",
"dropyourweapon",
"ItemChecklist",
"VariablePotionSickness",
"PillarItemsPlus",
"ExpeditionsContent",
"Expeditions",
"BossChecklist",
"RecipeBrowser",
"ShorterRespawn",
"ShinyRedBalloonToPufferfish",
"CompactUI",
"QLS_Updated",
"MoreAccessories",
"WheresMyItems",
"WorldGenPreviewer",
"HelpfulHotkeys",
"AutoTrash",
"AllTheWalls",
"TapeMeasure",
"SatisfyingCoins",
"BossLootPlus",
"VanillaTweaks",
"imkSushisNaturallyOccuringMoonsMod",
"LootBags",
"AlchemistNPC",
"MaxStackPlus",
"WMITF",
"VisualRadar",
"AdditionalUtilities",
"PlayerHealthManaBar",
"DualWielding",
"Luiafk",
"tgwaifus",
"WingSlotUp",
"CraftableTryHardItems",
"SimpleAutoChests",
"ReforgeArmor",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"TheDeconstructor",
"RainbowRain",
"BetterYoyos"
All mods are on the latest version as of today.

EDIT: I fixed my problem; Even though it wasn't enabled, Itemlist was in the Enabled file. Deleting it fixed the problem.

Last edited:
I'm trying to update to 10.2, which I managed successfully, but I seem to have put it in the wrong spot, because now my unmodded terraria link leads to it. Where exactly is it supposed to go?\

Nevermind, I fixed that, but now the modded terraria isn't working:

System.DIINotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'CSteamworks': The specified
module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Steamworks.NativeMethods.SteamAPI_RestartAppIfNecessary(Appld_t
unOwnAppID)
at Terraria.Social.Steam.CoreSocialModule.Initialize()
at Terraria.Social.SocialAPI.Initialize(Nullable'1 mode)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Last edited:
My mods used to work and I need help fixing them. At the moment I get this error.

Its says the mod has been automatically disabled as it was made for version v0.8.2.1

Mod Error

You tried to add 2 ModItems with the same name: RedDungeonChest. Maybe 2 classes share a classname but in different namespaces while autoloading or you manually called AddItem with 2 items of the same name.
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddItem(String name, ModItem item)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadItem(Type type)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Next Mod

Field not found: 'Terraria.Entity.name'.
at GameofThrones.Items.Anvils.BrownValyrianSteelAnvil.SetDefaults()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ItemLoader.SetDefaults(Item item, Boolean createModItem)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Next build + reload errors

c:\Users\James Turlan\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\DarkArmorReforged\Items\Armor\AirArmor\AirCrystalHelmet.cs(10,26) : error CS0115: 'DarkArmorReforged.Items.Armor.AirArmor.AirCrystalHelmet.Autoload(ref string, ref string, System.Collections.Generic.IList<Terraria.ModLoader.EquipType>)': no suitable method found to override

c:\Users\James Turlan\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\DarkArmorReforged\Items\Armor\AirArmor\AirCrystalPlateBody.cs(10,26) : error CS0115: 'DarkArmorReforged.Items.Armor.AirArmor.AirCrystalPlateBody.Autoload(ref string, ref string, System.Collections.Generic.IList<Terraria.ModLoader.EquipType>)': no suitable method found to override

c:\Users\James Turlan\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources\DarkArmorReforged\Items\Armor\AirArmor\AirCrystalPlateLegs.cs(10,26) : error CS0115: 'DarkArmorReforged.Items.Armor.AirArmor.AirCrystalPlateLegs.Autoload(ref string, ref string, System.Collections.Generic.IList<Terraria.ModLoader.EquipType>)': no suitable method found to override

Back
Top Bottom