Builds Ballin' houses by Eiv

Thank you @Khaios, good to see you still lurking around :)!!

@Tacos My advice would be; decide what you are going to build before you start building it (is it going to be a tower, a wooden house, a stone house etc). And using images of real pictures as reference (or images of other terraria builds). You don't have to copy others builds but taking a few tricks here and there is always good.

:p Anyway here's some more stuff:
cozyliltower.png

HousewGarden.png

Sorry for sounding like a noob, but I'm not sure how you guys are making the vertical wood walls and some of the pillars. In the second picture, not the ladder just how did you get the wood to look vertical rather than horizontal in the foreground?

Attachments

• terraria pillar 1.png
    terraria pillar 1.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 491
  • terraria vertical wood 1.png
    terraria vertical wood 1.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 460
Sorry for sounding like a noob, but I'm not sure how you guys are making the vertical wood walls and some of the pillars. In the second picture, not the ladder just how did you get the wood to look vertical rather than horizontal in the foreground?
In the first little picture (what looks like logs with rope) is Shadewood Fence painted Brown.

In the second little picture, it is Ebonwood Wall painted Brown.

I use both fairly often. and don't worry, I'm sure you're fine.

Reactions: Eiv
I love how you've made all of your buildings and all the design and detail put into them. Definitely building some of these when my pc is fixed:p

Reactions: Eiv
Do you jjust paint all the different types of wood to get the different types of living wood looking stuff? Like the floors and stuff in this
index.php

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-9_17-42-33.png
    upload_2017-9-9_17-42-33.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 442
How did you get the furniture in front of the stairs like in this build?
Technically he didn't. The stairs take up the tile space where you walk (the light colored part of the stairs in this example). The dark part these stairs is just the stair tile overlapping into the space next to it visually, but not actually taking up that place as a physical object, so you're still able to place furniture there. Items placed there will appear in front of the stair, like this. If that makes any sense.

Technically he didn't. The stairs take up the tile space where you walk (the light colored part of the stairs in this example). The dark part these stairs is just the stair tile overlapping into the space next to it visually, but not actually taking up that place as a physical object, so you're still able to place furniture there. Items placed there will appear in front of the stair, like this. If that makes any sense.

I don't know if that is because the build in general was made in a prior 1.3.1 version (as you can tell by the placed bottles, but for me, actuating the stairs, the furniture, trying different placements, nothing works for me. I've tried everything. Could you possibly show me an example or something like that? I'd really appreciate it. Because any time I try to place a piece of furniture in the tIles the post shows, it ends up behind them on the corner part.

I don't know if that is because the build in general was made in a prior 1.3.1 version (as you can tell by the placed bottles, but for me, actuating the stairs, the furniture, trying different placements, nothing works for me. I've tried everything. Could you possibly show me an example or something like that? I'd really appreciate it. Because any time I try to place a piece of furniture in the tIles the post shows, it ends up behind them on the corner part.
Ahh, I see what you're talking about. True, when you play the game the platform is layered in front of the furniture. I found that when you use camera mode to take a capture, it reverses the order of importance, and the platform is behind. So while the stairs are in the background on that image, it's a result of camera mode, and in game Eiv sees the stairs in front.

Back
Top Bottom