Official Console 1.3 Update Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else not being able to transfer worlds from 360, might be my end but I have a world on 360 (may or may not be rezos all items map for 1.3) And I upload it on 360, but when downloading on the one it doesn't show up? Any ideas

Yup, none of my 360 worlds would transfer, but I was able to transfer my characters. Kind of a slow process of loading all my gear into a character, uploading it, then downloading it xbox one and unloading all the gear. Nice side effect is you can keep downloading the character and duplicate all the gear over and over.

You don't. You just need to re-bind the items you had selected. The option itself remains "on"...

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/console-1-3-transition-and-workaround-faq.64292/#4
Actually, the D-pad option does NOT remain on. It turns itself off when you exit every game. You have to go back into the options and turn it back on every time, then remap it again when you start. At least the D-pad function eventually works, but you shouldn't have to go through all of these unnecessary steps. Even the PC version (which this update is supposedly based on) doesn't have this problem!

At least, that's how it is on the PS4 version. I don't own an Xbox.

Last edited:
I figured out how to fix the screen issue on Xbox One by following the Calubrate HDTV option in the settings. I don't know why I never really did that before. I guess I was assuming it was automated lol. Overall, at this point I'd say the screen size like it is is just fine though I feel like you should be able to zoom in just a little bit more. After calibrating my TV the game became just a little bit smaller to fit the screen

Semi-official J Fuzz 007 feedback:

This post is more on the complainy side, but I assure you that I do enjoy the update.

I like the ability to customize controls, yet I would like to be able to double-map. Just for a couple things, it could really help. For instance, not having to sacrifice useful controls for resizing the minimap, or combining quick-buff with the quick- health & mana (idk if that one seems weird, but I like it the way I like it).

The UI is universally a bit too small for me, and therefore difficult to deal with at times. Also, the overlapping text in the inventory/crafting menus is really hard to read.

I've experienced a few bugs, and reported them (except for a minimap icon issue and the well-known dye issue), but I really dig the new content.

On Xbox I've seen the D-pad issues both ways. 100% of the time you have to remap the items. Also seemingly randomly it will reset the option that even lets you map things to the dpad.

When I go to the guide and put a item into the box to see what can be crafted the description (what it is and what it does) is right on top of the required items (what is required to craft the specific items. It's basically two sets of words on top of one another.

Is this a bug or a design flaw that will be addressed? Just wanted to know if I needed to submit a bug report.

When I go to the guide and put a item into the box to see what can be crafted the description (what it is and what it does) is right on top of the required items (what is required to craft the specific items. It's basically two sets of words on top of one another.

Is this a bug or a design flaw that will be addressed? Just wanted to know if I needed to submit a bug report.
It's yet another design flaw that's been present since day one. It's one of the most complained about, but still not fixed. They've only been focusing on bugs right now, so it probably won't be fixed for a while.

Can you grab a quick screen of that?

Follow-up Question: Does this only happen at certain zoom levels? In other words, does it look ok when zoomed all the way out and start to bug out when you zoom in? (Chasing a theory)

Can you grab a quick screen of that?

Follow-up Question: Does this only happen at certain zoom levels? In other words, does it look ok when zoomed all the way out and start to bug out when you zoom in? (Chasing a theory)
That's one of the items I added to the long list I sent in.

I've noticed with 1.3 on xbox the slime rain event the background don't change like it does on pc is this a glitch or did pipework leave it out?

May have been adressed questions:

1) i uploaded a world from my Xbox 360, then watched the progress bar (5 minutes) walked to my living room, tried to download "old-gen" to xbox one. Watched it say downloading and the little sun-flower on the bottom right un pull its petals back on, "saving". (About 15 minutes) poof went back to map selection, nothing there.

2) in splitscreen my wifes starfury dragon was just a head, no damage from "added minion count" just a head doing head damage. Singing "i ain't got nobody!"

Love the update, we've already been killed by moonlord expert mode a few times. Wooo, pain in the rear.

Edit : "No artificial dyes or food coloring was used in the making of the screen shot"

Attachments

• 20180213_201938.jpg
    20180213_201938.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 145
Sounds like some of the issues in the console version come from people playing with the game constantly zoomed in some. I have to ask, why in the world would you do that? In Terraria you need as much view of the area around you as possible to avoid some things charging in at you. What is the purpose of limiting your view area constantly?

pretty sure this is a bug but i have harpy feather attacks permanently stuck on my screen and they seem to come with me when i go to other worlds.

Sounds like some of the issues in the console version come from people playing with the game constantly zoomed in some. I have to ask, why in the world would you do that? In Terraria you need as much view of the area around you as possible to avoid some things charging in at you. What is the purpose of limiting your view area constantly?

The characters and things are way to small on my TV so I have to zoom.

It's not like PC where you're 6 inches from your screen, it's way too small otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom