Hot Topic Share your RNG luck here!

i got a rod of discord on my first world. ever.
just finds a golden chest in a cabin, elemental comes and dropps it. thats all.

Oh right. I find the smallest cabins when I find them. I had one that was so small it didn't have a chest
As soon as I can get to my steam album, I'll post the picture here

My very first Skeletron battle, a star landed on his head and killed him when he was at about 600 health.
Another one, which I got on camera in my LP (episode 75, I believe. I am on an iPad, and my computer is broken, so I can't paste a link), is when I got a(n?) Uzi on my 2nd try. I think I had killed one or two Angry Trappers prior to this ridiculously short grind, but never with the intention of getting a(n?) Uzi.

Well, recently I started a new world up, new char everything was fresh, wanted to see how many hours it would take to clear normal to hard in a speed run like fashion (A little less than a days time by some luck) first wood sword I got Legendary, was like fawk yeah I'm so lucky! But....then everything else I crafted from then on I got Shoddy, weak, etc or no prefix at all for Picks, hammers, you name it, all my swords were junk or just normal versions. Didn't help when I got goblin tinkerer either, got shoddy night edge first craft and spent all my money just getting "Large" on the night edge :I . I was like wtf, got down to hell after killing all the pre-hard bosses with my grossly underpowered weapons, killed the WoF and just started hard mode up, but still had half my inventory empty, decided to dig upwards, making a second hellavator closer to my house and looking for more gold chests, apparently into a hallowed biome. Killed a pixie on the way to the surface, didn't even notice it's drops, got back home and turns out I got a hallowed key mold.

Same world and character but way later, killed Plantera and got pygmy staff and the Axe, later killed the Golem and got picksaw on the first drop along with the Possessed Hatchet. I think that I got a mix of crappy and good RNG <_> First time getting the Axe though so that was nice.

Getting a Demon Scythe on first Arch Demon (console/mobile only) kill for my new world.
Then an hour ago, i was in there and then a blood moon happened as soon as i got in. Then, Voodoo Demon.
You all know what happened next.

First Werewolf I kill in a world, drops Warding Adhesive Bandage.
In the same world, first Pirate Invasion drops Lucky Coin, but no cutlass.

murderous picksaw on first drop. and, reforged a terra blade. gets godly. then spends 3 platinum to get legendary. ends upp with godly. FFFuuuuu...........

I spent all day in the underground hallow because I was desperate for the rod of discord.
A dozen magic quivers, 2 beam swords, 1 bone sword, 5 armor polish, 1 nazar, 2 sets of rune robes, 1 wizard hat, 1 star cloak, 2 dual hooks, 1 cross necklace, 1 philosopher's stone, 300 souls of light and 1 marrow later
RoD count: 0

The tediousness when farming for the RoD.

It's weird how the Rod of Discord's initals spell "RoD".

Killing crap in the dungeon for a few hours to get some of the stupidly rare dungeon items. Dug out of the dungeon for a few seconds to mine up an ore deposit. The two bats that spawned while I was there both dropped chain knives. "Oh, NOW you drop rare things..."

After sighing to myself that I don't have either of the Paladin's rare drops (after killing 50-something paladins), I checked through my supplies on multiplayer to see what my pals and I were running low on. Ectoplasm, among other items. I decide "Hey, I'll go kill things for ectoplasm and listen to some tunes until I get a Paladin drop item!" Enter the dungeon, find a paladin within the first 6 enemies, kill it and immediately acquire a Paladin's Shield. "...Huh... Fair 'nuff. I'll just get 50-something ectoplasm and be on my way."

Next time I need ectoplasm, I guess I can just say "I'll kill things for ectoplasm until I get a Paladin's Hammer" before going to the Dungeon if I really want one! :happy:

I've also encountered a total of 10 Pirate Invasions on that same particular multiplayer world, and have gotten the Coin Gun (on the first invasion), Discount Card (3rd or 4th) and Lucky Coin (7th or 8th).

Last edited:
Finding a chain knife. No joke.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom