Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Confection: The Desserted Land- An Alternate Hallow

What is the Confection's most iconic creature?

• Birdnana

Votes: 59 8.2%
  • Cherry Bomber

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Cherry Bug

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Chocofrog

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Crazy Cone

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Crunchy Camel

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Dainty Donkey

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Gummy Worm

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Icecream Gal

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Iscreamer

Votes: 55 7.7%
  • Krispy Kitty

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • Meowzer

Votes: 56 7.8%
  • Parfait Slime/Sherbet Slime

Votes: 46 6.4%
  • Pip

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Prickster

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Rollercookie

Votes: 229 32.0%
  • Rootbeer Floater

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Sprinkler/Sprinkling

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Sweety Gummy

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • The Unfirm

Votes: 76 10.6%

• Total voters
As there are Hallowed Bars, it made sense to me to make a new bar for my biome. I mean.. it'd be a little weird for Hallow worlds to have Hallowed Armor and Confection worlds to.. also have Hallowed Armor. So I came up with armor sets with special abilities that can make them useful probably even in the hardmode dungeon and maybe a little bit further, but tried to make them not too powerful, so I tried to set the abilities around skill. As for the souls.. yeah.. the naming thing is a pretty big problem, and I hope to fix that eventually. As the Confection is a world of desserts and the Crimson is a world of meat, I thought sugary and meaty treats would be a cute idea. The only problem is there aren't the right English words in existance, it seems!

Wait.. by "most likely not always be used," were you thinking both Hallowed and Neapolinite gear are available in all worlds? Because Neapolinite is the alternate to Hallowed, so to get both ores in a world, you would have to bring them over from another. In a Confection playthrough, souls and Hallowed stuff wouldn't exist, so it should be the same amount of clutter as now.
Yea I see the problem with the hallowed bars, but they have nothing to do with the hallow really.
Don't get me wrong, I love the suggested 'souls', its just a matter of efficiency and clutter between different worlds, they are basically a reskin of something already existent which is also limited to a specific type of worlds.

What I meant was, either Hallowed or Neapolinite armors will not be used because one will most likely be better then the other (Unless you manage to find a magical way to perfectly balance the two) and are bound to a single type of world.
Also coding wise, you would add a lot of items which don't have a different use from something that already exists.

Yea I see the problem with the hallowed bars, but they have nothing to do with the hallow really.
Don't get me wrong, I love the suggested 'souls', its just a matter of efficiency and clutter between different worlds, they are basically a reskin of something already existent which is also limited to a specific type of worlds.

What I meant was, either Hallowed or Neapolinite armors will not be used because one will most likely be better then the other (Unless you manage to find a magical way to perfectly balance the two) and are bound to a single type of world.
Also coding wise, you would add a lot of items which don't have a different use from something that already exists.
Well if you ask me, the souls and treats are like shadow scales and tissue samples. Brain of Cthulhu could just drop shadow scales instead, but it doesn't, because it doesn't really fit the boss. The weapons crafted from souls/treats are meant to be of the same tier, but behave much differently (so they're not simply reskins), which makes me feel they are more worth having their own materials.

I also just kind of find it hilarious running around collecting icecream, cookie dough, brownies, and sprinkles to make the next tier of armor and weapons :p

As far Hallowed Bars not being related to Hallow: As of now, you are correct. I plan to make a future suggestion to make Hallowed Bars part of the Hallow, as well as Neapolinite belong to the Confection. I will say it includes a boss of some sorts. I'm actually in PMs right now with someone to see if we can work out this common interest suggestion! :dryadwink:

Last edited:
Pretty good suggestion, everything here is very distinctly not a Hallow re-skin. Though I don't really understand the connection between cookies and ice cream, and horrifying abominations. Despite that, I really love the theme and the creativity you put into this.

Support

Pretty good suggestion, everything here is very distinctly not a Hallow re-skin. Though I don't really understand the connection between cookies and ice cream, and horrifying abominations. Despite that, I really love the theme and the creativity you put into this.

Support
They're kind of opposites, like the Light and Darkness of the Hallow and the Corruption

@Snickerbobble

I do not mean to replace the wizard, but the hallowed has no NPCs, it would be original to add at least one NPC.
I suppose I could think of something, but if more cooking was implemented to the game, we seem to already have the cooking pots and certain ingredients, with Confection stuff being obvious but I could see pixie dust being used in some cake recipes or something.

Support
How exactly are they opposites, though?
Gross vs Delicious, pretty much. But there is an Anti-Confection in the works which may make the pairing make more sense. The Crimson is kind of a place holder for now.

I think this is one of the most popular suggestions. Over 100 replies in less than 3 days? That's insane!
It's really hard to believe! I definitely wasn't expecting this much attention. I was afraid many would be against it for being a food biome and all, but only a few so far have been against it.

Wait, it's only been out for 3 days? I thought it was since like, at least a month ago!
Nope! It came out one day after Cyber Monday!

This is a problem now.

Am I gonna go for the Cyber or the Confection...
Why not like both? :dryadtongue: The Confection is not meant to compete against the Cyber. The use of the Crimson is simply for a placeholder anti-Confection, just as many of us hope that the Hallow is a placeholder anti-Crimson.

I say both Confection, Cyber, Contagion, and Covert should all be implemented. Here's a list-like thing:
Corruption - Hallow
Crimson - Cyber (with newly textured blocks, not just different colors)
Contagion - Covert
(Insert Confection Opposite Here) - Confection

The opposite of the Confection should be something yellow, since there are no yellow biomes. Maybe Banana Biome? Sorry for commenting so much, I just like this suggestion so much!

I say both Confection, Cyber, Contagion, and Covert should all be implemented. Here's a list-like thing:
Corruption - Hallow
Contagion - Covert

The opposite of the Confection should be something yellow, since there are no yellow biomes. Maybe Banana Biome? Sorry for commenting so much, I just like this suggestion so much!
I think they should cycle worlds with the combinations, and then every 4 worlds it mixes up the dual biomes!

Corruption - Hallow
Contagion - Covert

Banana biome? ... :sigh:

Think about the themes of all the other biome pairs: Light and Dark, Order and Chaos, and Life and Death. I love those ideas personally and think they fit the game very well, whereas a food biome is just a bit... ridiculous, in my opinion. I can say that I would make my own source mod to remove it if they added a world type of "Banana vs. Sweets"

Back
Top Bottom