Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Confection: The Desserted Land- An Alternate Hallow

What is the Confection's most iconic creature?

• Birdnana

Votes: 59 8.2%
  • Cherry Bomber

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Cherry Bug

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Chocofrog

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Crazy Cone

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Crunchy Camel

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Dainty Donkey

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Gummy Worm

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Icecream Gal

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Iscreamer

Votes: 55 7.7%
  • Krispy Kitty

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • Meowzer

Votes: 56 7.8%
  • Parfait Slime/Sherbet Slime

Votes: 46 6.4%
  • Pip

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Prickster

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Rollercookie

Votes: 229 32.0%
  • Rootbeer Floater

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Sprinkler/Sprinkling

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Sweety Gummy

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • The Unfirm

Votes: 76 10.6%

• Total voters
How about...
A FIRE BIOME WITH BURNING TREES!!!
8719A2CC101607CF6BBA19921B0DB1FA05CECED9

Fixed!
Fire melts icecream though :p

Agh, you get the picture. Whatever Nausicaä's Sea of Decay is.

Maybe Pollution vs. Confection could be junk vs. junk food, I dunno.
Ha! I had actually thought of making a greasy biome to counter the Confection.. but I think that was only because I thought Fried Chicken Wings as a Demon Wings alt was hilarious. That is kind of a cute pairing, but I think the only common thing are the names there.

I think a fitting anti confection biome would be a veggie-themed evil biome.
*shrug* it would be a little weirder than the Confection I think. I like the secret meaning behind the Confection: unhealthy food may look appealing but can be bad for your health. I'm just having trouble thinking of veggie stuff that isn't bouncing vegetables like in Banjo-Kazooie.

Dentist Biome vs. Ice Cream Biome :Kappa:

I kid. But don't get rid of the gummis, as those could very well be considered toppings, even the gummi worms. Only the rock candy is a bit off-theme, since you don't see that as a topping, but it does make for some very cool visual theming for items and such, so I'd say just keep it anyway. Or theme it after ice; maybe they occur where the Confection hybridizes with the snow/ice biome? And they're sort of like the little chunks of ice you occasionally get inside ice cream?

I'm not sure. But I really like their associated wings and I'd be sad to see the idea get canned. :c
Dentist vs Icecream, that's a new one :p

I do want to steer away from Candy Land, but Gummies are just so cute looking to me! And you are right, they can be toppings, so that is a good reason to leave them. I once had gummy bears in my icecream and they were turned rock solid! Never again! :p

As for the rock candy, I've been hesitant to replace them for the same reasons. I really like the cyan blue on the True Tooth's Ache and the only replacement I can think of would turn it brown, which wouldn't work as well. Was thinking of some kind of waffle cones that grew from creamstone. Maybe I could just change the name of the rock candy? Sugar shards or something? Also I like the wings a lot as well, they're yet another reason why I want to keep rock candy but change it!

This to me is love at first sight. I really have a sweet tooth, I like pies, cookies, cakes and pretty much any other sweet thing on the planet. This is no exception, though I can't actually eat it because it's digital and inside of a computer screen. This suggestion is sweet (ha ha ha) and yummy. Makes my mouth water.

That's pretty much it and to quote JonTron, I say Tenouttaten. 5 stars 4 stars A+! What I'm trying to say is support. Just needed that little garnish to that last part of the message. I'm done now.
Thanks a lot for the support! I'm glad you like it, hopefully a version of this is implemented into the game as Cenx did mention the possibility of a candy land biome!

Did you say...
CHOCOLATE?
This... needs to be a banner. I might make it, but knowing me, I don't do a lot of things I want to do!

I like my plastic biome idea. It's inedible, and dangerous! All corruption like biomes are edible, the hallow is not, so the evil biome for this should be an inedible one! (Rotten and cancerous flesh is yummy in my tummy!)

Cookies and wafers will sprout from the ground like weeds, with cherries and foil-wrapped chocolate candy as saplings.

eDnSH4i.png
This is a very cool idea and an impressive amount of work. I like the way the trees in the snowy areas become Popsicles. I'm not sure the Cherry Bomber's tree-hugging could actually work within the confines of Terraria's code, but what do I know?

However, as cool as this all is... you'd have to lose the chocolate kisses.

Apparently that little flag that Hershey sticks in their kisses is a trademark.

Anyone familiar with the (excellent) card game FLUXX and its history will know that in the early editions of the game, the "Chocolate" card* was illustrated with a picture of what was obviously a Hershey's Kiss. The Hershey company (or their lawyers, anyway) contacted the makers of the game and told them that was a big no-no, even though the illustration didn't use the name "Hershey" anywhere on it. Now the illustration is a harmlessly nondescript candy bar.

Even as tiny as it is here, it would have to go; it's easily changed to another candy, though... like a gumdrop!

I'm having Candyland flashbacks. Nice job! :happy:

Incidentally, "Popsicle" is also a brand name.

*Picture courtesy of boardgamegeek.com

I wish I could support this, but it will inevitably conflict with The Cyber too much- both are Crimson alts. Perhaps you could pull a @Tobbvald and make a completely different biome for this to go against? He had his Corrosion, but when The Cyber came out, he immediately turned around and made a "good" alt for his "evil" alt that wouldn't conflict with The Cyber (Namely the Covert) and renamed his evil alt The Contagion.

I just see an inevitable conflict. But the idea is EPIC!

EDIT: Disregard previous post- I realize that the Cookie God said that the Crimson was a placeholder.

I was thinking about making a biome called the rift. It would be based on shadows and stuff like that. I think it would suit the ninga class actually.

Back
Top Bottom