Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Confection: The Desserted Land- An Alternate Hallow

What is the Confection's most iconic creature?

• Birdnana

Votes: 59 8.2%
  • Cherry Bomber

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Cherry Bug

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Chocofrog

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Crazy Cone

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Crunchy Camel

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Dainty Donkey

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Gummy Worm

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Icecream Gal

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Iscreamer

Votes: 55 7.7%
  • Krispy Kitty

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • Meowzer

Votes: 56 7.8%
  • Parfait Slime/Sherbet Slime

Votes: 46 6.4%
  • Pip

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Prickster

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Rollercookie

Votes: 229 32.0%
  • Rootbeer Floater

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Sprinkler/Sprinkling

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Sweety Gummy

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • The Unfirm

Votes: 76 10.6%

• Total voters
Wasn't my point. There isn't a knife biome discussed any way, however there is a confection. I'm saying there is an opposite to something already there, not coming up with two opposites willy nilly.

I say both Confection, Cyber, Contagion, and Covert should all be implemented. Here's a list-like thing:
Corruption - Hallow
Crimson - Cyber (with newly textured blocks, not just different colors)
Contagion - Covert
(Insert Confection Opposite Here) - Confection

The opposite of the Confection should be something yellow, since there are no yellow biomes. Maybe Banana Biome? Sorry for commenting so much, I just like this suggestion so much!
As much as I like bananas, the Confection already uses bananas with the Banana Splitter, Iscreamer, Bananawarp Peels, and Bananawarp Rod.

Banana biome? ... :sigh:

Think about the themes of all the other biome pairs: Light and Dark, Order and Chaos, and Life and Death. I love those ideas personally and think they fit the game very well, whereas a food biome is just a bit... ridiculous, in my opinion. I can say that I would make my own source mod to remove it if they added a world type of "Banana vs. Sweets"
Ouch..

As much as I like bananas, the Confection already uses bananas with the Banana Splitter, Iscreamer, Bananawarp Peels, and Bananawarp Rod.

Ouch..
I still love the idea, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't feel like something that would fit in vanilla Terraria to me. I'd love it as something more akin to a larger surface mushroom biome, and I'd absolutely use it as a mod. Also, I only said I'd get rid of it if the evil were bananas :p.
Wasn't my point. There isn't a knife biome discussed any way, however there is a confection. I'm saying there is an opposite to something already there, not coming up with two opposites willy nilly.
Your logic is that a biome as an opposite is fine if it is contradictory to some part of the "good" biome in any, frankly ridiculous way. I proposed a biome and an alt using the same logic.

Oo! Oo! I thought of something! Fat vs Sweets! Crimson (Meat) vs Confection (Sweets)
Forget about the banana biome, that was just me being silly.
Also, I think Cyber should be a counterpart to the Corruption, for some reason. That means Hallow is left out though...

Oo! Oo! I thought of something! Fat vs Sweets! Crimson (Meat) vs Confection (Sweets)
Forget about the banana biome, that was just me being silly.
Also, I think Cyber should be a counterpart to the Corruption, for some reason. That means Hallow is left out though...
Corruption should stay with Hallow, they fit more together

The decision to make a Cookies & Cream biome involved more than just me liking cookies and icecream (doesn't just about everyone?), but I looked at the Hallow and saw it as a dreamy world full of pixies, unicorns, and trees that reminded me of the ones from the many stories of Dr. Seuss. At first glance it may seem like a "good," safe biome, but soon enough the player finds out that everything there wants to murderize them.

The Hallow is a deceptive biome, just as its painting calls it "The Land of Deceiving Looks" if I remember correctly. Taking this concept, I thought what else could follow the dreaminess of the Hallow? Candy Land was an obvious choice, as it also can be a land of deception (and if you ask me, makes more sense than the Hallow.) The Hallow attacks you.. just because, but the Confection enemies attacking you is somewhat symbolic of how sweets may look appealing but can be harmful for your health (HP).

The Candy Land idea has been suggested before, so I felt instead I should try a Cookies & Cream biome, as it is also a land of sweets but a little more original, as well as having more theme as Candy land is open to EVERYTHING sweet and being more generic, I think. Limiting myself to just Cookies & Cream still let me have a few things to work with: icecream, cream, cookies, icecream toppings, cherries, and bananas. I did use a few more candy-themed ideas like Sweety Gummies, Gummy Worms, and Rock Candy, but I have plans to see about turning these closer to the Cookies & Cream idea.

I feel the Confection follows the Hallow's concept a little more closely than the Cyber for the above reasons. I have nothing against @Zoomo 's Cyber, just it's not really a deceiving world is all. I could see it easily working as another Corruption alternate, especially seeing how it's a biome lacking in color, as opposed to the Hallow's colorful rainbows. I can just imagine some kind of vents acting as chasms that lead down to protected hard drives that are shadow orbs or something. The Cyber could be thought as a computer virus that wants to consume all. That's just how I see it though, working better as a Corruption alt than a Hallow alt.

That's how I came up with the Confection. It was much more than what I'd find as an interesting biome, but something that resembles the Hallow without being the Hallow. I see both the Corruption and Crimson being nightmarish places, with the Hallow and Confection being more dreamy (though also nightmarish). I hope those who find this biome ridiculous can understand my thought process and possibly change their minds to support, but if not, I understand. :dryadtongue:

Last edited:
Perhaps the opposing biome could be themed on garbage/pollution? If the Corruption is decomposition, the Crimson is cancer, and the Contagion is bacteria/poison, then wouldn't pollution be a fitting evil?
Contagion is parasitic/fungi, not bacterial.

Perhaps the opposing biome could be themed on garbage/pollution? If the Corruption is decomposition, the Crimson is cancer, and the Contagion is bacteria/poison, then wouldn't pollution be a fitting evil?
I do like the idea of a pollution biome! Though I feel, when pitted against the Confection, the Crimson makes more sense than a pollution biome. I mean, Trash vs Icecream? Argh, I really like the theme, I just don't feel it quite fits.. though what 'light' biome would? Wait.. call me crazy but I just thought about the Cyber, as it's a land of order and clean things and everything being uniform.. which sounds like the exact opposite of a pollution biome, with disorder, dirty things, and everything a complete mess. Dirty vs Clean rather than Chaos vs Order (where I don't really see the Crimson being Chaos). Maybe I'm thinking a little too deep into this..

How about...
A FIRE BIOME WITH BURNING TREES!!!
8719A2CC101607CF6BBA19921B0DB1FA05CECED9

Fixed!

Last edited:
Dentist Biome vs. Ice Cream Biome :Kappa:

I kid. But don't get rid of the gummis, as those could very well be considered toppings, even the gummi worms. Only the rock candy is a bit off-theme, since you don't see that as a topping, but it does make for some very cool visual theming for items and such, so I'd say just keep it anyway. Or theme it after ice; maybe they occur where the Confection hybridizes with the snow/ice biome? And they're sort of like the little chunks of ice you occasionally get inside ice cream?

I'm not sure. But I really like their associated wings and I'd be sad to see the idea get canned. :c

This to me is love at first sight. I really have a sweet tooth, I like pies, cookies, cakes and pretty much any other sweet thing on the planet. This is no exception, though I can't actually eat it because it's digital and inside of a computer screen. This suggestion is sweet (ha ha ha) and yummy. Makes my mouth water.

That's pretty much it and to quote JonTron, I say Tenouttaten. 5 stars 4 stars A+! What I'm trying to say is support. Just needed that little garnish to that last part of the message. I'm done now.

Back
Top Bottom