Biomes & Nature [Sprites] The Confection: The Desserted Land- An Alternate Hallow

What is the Confection's most iconic creature?

• Birdnana

Votes: 59 8.2%
  • Cherry Bomber

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Cherry Bug

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Chocofrog

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Crazy Cone

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • Crunchy Camel

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Dainty Donkey

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Gummy Worm

Votes: 40 5.6%
  • Icecream Gal

Votes: 28 3.9%
  • Iscreamer

Votes: 55 7.7%
  • Krispy Kitty

Votes: 17 2.4%
  • Meowzer

Votes: 56 7.8%
  • Parfait Slime/Sherbet Slime

Votes: 46 6.4%
  • Pip

Votes: 11 1.5%
  • Prickster

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Rollercookie

Votes: 229 32.0%
  • Rootbeer Floater

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Sprinkler/Sprinkling

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Sweety Gummy

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • The Unfirm

Votes: 76 10.6%

• Total voters
This Got the hammer of approval
hammer_of_approval_by_milt69466-d815i4s.gif
milt made it.and i support this delicious idea

I'll see about adding more stuff to the main two posts sometime.. I've got a few ideas I wanna put in.

This is a very cool idea and an impressive amount of work. I like the way the trees in the snowy areas become Popsicles. I'm not sure the Cherry Bomber's tree-hugging could actually work within the confines of Terraria's code, but what do I know?

However, as cool as this all is... you'd have to lose the chocolate kisses.

Apparently that little flag that Hershey sticks in their kisses is a trademark.

Anyone familiar with the (excellent) card game FLUXX and its history will know that in the early editions of the game, the "Chocolate" card* was illustrated with a picture of what was obviously a Hershey's Kiss. The Hershey company (or their lawyers, anyway) contacted the makers of the game and told them that was a big no-no, even though the illustration didn't use the name "Hershey" anywhere on it. Now the illustration is a harmlessly nondescript candy bar.

Even as tiny as it is here, it would have to go; it's easily changed to another candy, though... like a gumdrop!

I'm having Candyland flashbacks. Nice job! :happy:

Incidentally, "Popsicle" is also a brand name.

*Picture courtesy of boardgamegeek.com
If the climbing of the Cherry Bombers won't work, I suppose they could just stay in one spot on the tree, given there is no branch in the way.

If the kisses are an issue, I'll see about removing the little flag during the next thread update. Originally they were unwrapped, but they looked too much like poo so I added the wrapper :dryadtongue:

Thanks!

Popsicle is a brand name, though? Then what would be the proper generic word for them?

the rocket pop launcher should be renamed to the pop rocket
I think I'll change it to that, thanks!

I remember pop rocks....

They were terrible. :confused:
I LOVE pop rocks! You're crazy!

Actually, The Cyber is a biome of order- at all costs.

It fits in as a "good" biome.
*shrug* All spreading biomes want things to be the same: part of their own. You go into the Cyber and the enemies try to take you down at all costs, just as you go in the Corruption and the enemies want to take you down at all costs.

I was thinking about making a biome called the rift. It would be based on shadows and stuff like that. I think it would suit the ninga class actually.
A shadow-based biome is the Corruption, isn't it?

Hey, mind if I eat this suggestion :dryadgrin:
Watch your back.. you might get CookieRoll'd.

Corruption isn't shadow per say, it's evil/rot. As for it's armor being the shadow armor, well, I personally think the corruption is a bit generic with the term evil or dark or rotten or.. you get my point. If this were to be an actual Idea, which I was actually going to do, I would have the shadow armor renamed to something like demonite armor or corrupt armor, just to make it so there was less confusion about my idea. The main reason I thought of that is because I wanted an item that let's you turn into a shadow or something. Like an invincible silhouette. I also like the way a completely dark world would look with a light back ground, where you can see stuff just fine, but it's all super dark.

I also like the way a completely dark world would look with a light back ground, where you can see stuff just fine, but it's all super dark.
I imagined that a dark world would always be shrouded in darkness like the surface mushroom biome, where it looks light night time 24/7. Actually... it would be pretty cool to have an evil alt that's always dark and a good alt that's lit up even at night. Too bad hallow and corruption are light and dark already...

More stuff update!

• Rollercookies now have a chance to drop pieces of the Cookie Outfit:
    3XARFTh.png
    kbCa2RO.png
    ptfKpQS.png
    iiJgLwu.png
  • Magical Kazoo now summons a golden Birdnana to provide light:
    6Xmw5Cc.gif
  • Chocolate Kiss graphic replaced with banana halves as to avoid copyright issues.
  • Support banner has been shrunk to 1x1 to save room in signatures.
  • Rock Candy renamed to Sweet Shards to make them less Candy Land themed.
  • Fixed some typos and missing names below image graphics.

Hallow v. Corruption: Good v. Evil, a battle as old as mankind itself.

Covert v. Contagion: Life v. Death, a battle that dates back to the formation of the first cell.

Cyber v. Crimson: Order v. Chaos, a battle between increasing organization and the second law of thermodynamics, a battle that began at the very birth of the universe, and which contains the battle between life and death on Earth as a skirmish in a much larger conflict.

Confection v. (insert planned anti-confection here): A battle as old as... processed, sugary food? Not that ancient of a battle.

Back
Top Bottom