Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hello, here is my submission, This clone of me hopefully will live on in this universe, a being from one universe to another, another grand voyage for the King of Pinatas!
some story thing I made here vvv Read if you like.
"The King in glory!, with his powerful Darksteel Alloy Armor, strengthened with power of Pinatatite Crystals and the rare and only Mega Crystal in the middle securing all the armor together, He builds a Portal with a strange ore called luminite, from what the universal scanner reads, The portal opens with a bright blue aura, The King with no fears decides to jump into the portal...
(Wins and included into game): The King wakes up in a strange land, slimes, zombies, skeletons, and a giant flying eye of a large creature, The King confused and weary of his surroundings realizes, he has entered the world, of Terraria, and fights to make all of Terraria better.
(Lost and not included): The portal throws him out, the luminite disappears and The King back in his lab scratching his head confused. (creator's note): If The Terraria Team sees this I hope for the best in my submission and hope this gets added into the game, its always been a life goal for my creativity gets implemented in a game for many to see and enjoy."
ONCE IN A LIFETIME VANITY CONTEST-1.png (1).png
ONCE IN A LIFETIME VANITY CONTEST-1.png (2).png

Last edited:
Moon Seer set.jpg

Moon Watchman

this is a set to represent a creature created by me called "Moon Watchman".This creature was once a man, an adventurer, that tried to defeat Moon Lord but failed and then cursed as a way of punishment. This is a creature that is cursed to arise during the night and vanish during the day until the moon falls from the sky and completely shatters (after Moon Lord is Defeated).

On it's Head there is a crown with an eye that is closed at day, but open at night, looking at the moon.

On it's Torso there are the moon phases on the "mouth" and on the chest there is an eye between a crescent moon and the sun, which is the symbol of the Moon Watchman

On it's Legs it's the eyes and wings and mouth of the creature to make it a little bit more creepy

Pathfinder_MQ.png

Pathfinder/Rift Jumper Set
Only the most intrepid and courageous of adventurers are willing to take the immense risks involved in dimension hopping. Unfortunately, that's why this poor explorer was stranded in a world full of demonspawn and horrible, corrupted creatures. It's no wonder the armor's owner isn't around anymore...
Includes theoretical red dyed variant.

The set includes a tank of unspecified purpose on the back, hooked up to hoses that feed into a respirator. However the tank has been empty for some time and the valve has rusted shut, so it's just there for looks.

Greetings Terrarians!

The development team at Re-Logic were having a chat the other day about just how creative the Terraria community is - from art to music to in-game creations, you all are simply amazing. That got us to thinking... what better way to reward that creativity in the final Journey's End update than to give all of you creative geniuses a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get your very own vanity armor design into the game itself?

That's right - we are giving everyone a chance to submit their own original ideas for Terraria Vanity Armor/Outfits (Head/Torso/Legs), and the winners will see their ideas make it into the game for the Journey's End update! This is your chance to design your own brand new vanity outfit that you'd like to see added to the game! This is sort of like finding that golden ticket and getting to visit the chocolate factory, except there is no tour and no lifetime supply of chocolate... only fame and glory and bragging rights forever listed in one of the best video games ever crafted.

As you might imagine, there are some rules and guidelines and such that are important for you to follow - however, inside of these guidelines, have at it! Anything your minds can dream up, we want to hear about it!

You can also check out the Contest Submission Thread to see current submissions!
Please note! ALL SUBMISSIONS must be posted in the submission thread! If they are only posted in this thread, they will not be considered valid!

index.php

GUIDELINES & RULES
WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in the contest submission thread! Entries MUST be posted in the submission thread to be considered valid submissions! If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in this thread, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

HOW WILL THE WINNERS BE SELECTED?
  • The Re-Logic team will select a list of finalists from all of the entries that are submitted by 11:59pm Eastern on April 13, 2020. If this thread is locked, you are too late!
  • We will reveal the finalists on the Weekly Stream later that week (April 17th) , and then we will post them here after the stream.
  • These finalists will be submitted for a community vote across all of our community platforms (TCF, Social Media, Discord, etc) - voting will commence after the reveal steam and conclude in one week, on April 24th. Voting instructions will be provided at that time.
  • There will be no more than three (3) winning entries.

HECK YEAH, I WON! NOW WHAT?
  • Re-Logic will directly contact the winners so that we can begin the process of adding your design into the game.
  • Please note that some creative license in regards to the interpretation on behalf of our artists is expected - so be flexible. (don't worry, we will make it amazing)
  • Re-Logic will have the final say on approval for the winning designs (actual art and text going in-game)
  • The winner's name will be included in some way in the tooltip and/or naming for the item, so that you can always pull it up in game to brag to your buddies. :cool:
  • Once we arrive on a final design, just wait for the day when Journey's End arrives and you can run around in your very own vanity creation!

LEGAL STUFF
  • By participating in the contest, you agree to relinquish all rights to your vanity design to Re-Logic for inclusion into the game. Winners will be required to sign a document to that effect.
  • If you are under the legal age to sign legal documents in your country (eg. Under 18 in most countries), you will need your parent or guardian to sign as well - so be sure to get that permission in advance! :)

index.php

Attachments

• pixilart-drawing.png
    pixilart-drawing.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 92
A steampunk samurai I drew not long ago which I fell in love with, Which I tried to make into pixel art for this contest (Spoilers, i'm not good at pixels juuuust yet).

Attached the original and the pixel, Hope ya'll like it!

Attachments

• akupog.JPG
    akupog.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 174
  • akupogpixel.JPG
    akupogpixel.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 119
This is something I was toying around with for a few hours just to make sure I got it the way I wanted it. This is an armor set inspired by something I made for an old mod of mine. I call it "Nightmare's Vanity Set".

Capture 2020-03-14 20_03_49.png

These are the male and female versions (Male left, female right)

Here's a gif of each:
NightmareArmorLargeM.gif

Male

NightmareArmorLargeF.gif

Female (The difference is subtle, but it's there)

Here are the individual items

NightmaresHelmet.png

"Nightmare's Helmet"
Tooltip: 'Sharpened points protrude forth from this helmet'

NightmaresChestplate.png

"Nightmare's Breastplate"
Tooltip: 'Intricate golden markings decorate this breastplate'

NightmaresLeggings.png

"Nightmare's Leggings"
Tooltip: 'Purple plates of foreign material form these leggings'

(Possible additional tooltip for each piece: 'Malice radiates forth')

I really just wanted to create something that I thought was cool. The whole idea of the set was to take something I had previously made for a mod and improve it. I had the idea of taking a purple set of armor and giving it a golden trim. I think it worked out really nice for the set. I'd imagine that the golden trim has a dynamic reflective effect, similar to that of the reflective dyes, or that the golden trim parts glow. If this doesn't make it into the game, I'll just add it in my own mod.

Here's the template for ArmorHelper, which I used to make the gifs above.

Armor Template.png

I might edit this and add a drawn concept later. We'll see.​

Last edited:
I call him BEEF!. He is our god. We shall worship him.

ALL HAIL BEEF!!!

Attachments

• beef.png
    beef.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 134
  • beef full body.kra-autosave.jpg
    beef full body.kra-autosave.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 131
terraria contest.png
I made a fire set there are boxes to show each section and I would want it to leave a small fiery trail when wearing the footwear that disapear after a second I hope it also would be slightly animated like the fire at the top would be moving and maybe if you're in water it would not be visible

Last edited:
Sorry for my bad doodle, drawing was never my strong suit. This drawing consists of two vanity items, a hood and a robe-like chest piece. The face part of the hood is an eye of the Moon Lord. The hood and chest piece are half purple and red representing the Corruption and Crimson. Epaulettes of red and blue are on opposite sides corresponding to its colour. The robe has a belt with a skull in the middle. The rim of the clothes are silver and vines are sewn down the middle to keep it together.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    301.9 KB · Views: 109
We all scream for...

Hey, this one is just the headpiece, I made an idle animation but it's harder to see because it's 21 by 12 pixels or something.
The idea is that it's ice cream, but get this, it's on your head! :0

From the beginning, I wanted to make something that had a really cool, (Pun intended :p) animated effect around a vanity piece.
I wasn't really able to do it because I had no idea what hat I wanted it to be on, so instead, I just decided on making an ice cream cone hat because I figured that's not all too normal, but then a cool particle effect would look dumb on the hat.

Obviously, credit to the game developers for making the Tuxedo, good luck with the competition everyone else!

"Feel free to add sprinkles!"

WeAllScream.gif
1584243166979.png
1584261746035.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom