tAPI Omnirs Nostalgia Pack

So... Sauron. I've killed him like 50 times and his breastplate refuses to drop. Maybe it's bugged? I got lots of helmets and greaves, but no chestpiece. And lel I can facetank him and outheal his :red:.

Trust me, it will drop even in older versions, but I think when I did the all items map I ended up with roughly 4 stacks of 999 platinum from killing nothing but Sauron.

how do you make the alpha swords?

<Double Post Merged>

I have an issue with Earth Crystal, Fire Crystal, Water Crystal & Wind Crystal - I'm able to spawn the bosses, but they despawn like 1 second after spawn. Same with all type of golems except earth golem for some reason. They despawn @ first hit. does anyone know why?

<Double Post Merged>

Hello,

we have been playing this mod in multiplayer several hours yesterday. In the end the server crashed with an exception, and since then it is impossible to get the world loaded. Tried to load it via the tapi server, and also as a singleplayer world. In both cases as soon as it is loaded, it throws an exception and crashes:

Code:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
  at Terraria.NPC.AIReal()
  at Terraria.NPC.AI()
  at Terraria.NPC.UpdateNPC(System.Int32 i)
  at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

The last NPC that spawned, was the caravan merchant (i think it said DEFAULT the caravan merchant), i am not sure if that one is supposed to spawn at the base.. or if it was something completely different.
We also just had our first blood moon, right followed by a goblin army. So i am unable to really tell what the problem may be there, so hopefully this response is helpful at all.

<Double Post Merged>

Oh while i am at it. I had a few crashed of my client (not the server) while we have been playing. I crashed a few times, while my friends could play all the time without crash. So maybe some bad luck.. or maybe cause i had the server running as well?

Here are the errors i got:

Code:
Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf)
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read(System.String fileName, System.IO.TextWriter statusMessageWriter, System.Text.Encoding encoding, System.EventHandler`1[[Ionic.Zip.ReadProgressEventArgs, Ionic.Zip.Reduced, Version=1.9.1.9000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] readProgress)
  at Terraria.WorldFile.ActualLoadWorld(System.String world)
  at Terraria.WorldFile.loadWorld()
  at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(System.Object threadContext)
  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object state)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
  at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
  at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
Ionic.Zip.BadReadException:   Bad signature (0x00000027) at position  0x00000000
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadHeader(Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry ze, System.Text.Encoding defaultEncoding)
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadEntry(Ionic.Zip.ZipContainer zc, System.Boolean first)
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance_Orig(Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf)
  at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf)

And the other one:

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at Terraria.Player.UpdatePlayer(System.Int32 i)
  at Terraria.Main.UpdateReal(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)

Looks very similar to the one the server crashed over in the end, yet a bit different.

<Double Post Merged>

Hi, Omnir! Remember me from the other Terraria forums? The annoying and aggravating David?! :)

I've been looking at this forum from time to time, for mods that are interesting for the newer versions of Terraria, and I was extremely excited to see this mod finally show up!
Now I can beat Ancient Dragons with Vampire Knives! Or the Death Scythe from the solar Eclipse. Boy that was "fun!" to experience. :)
And from what I know of Tapi, your mod should not spontaneously explode and burn down my house when it's paired with others. :)

I currently am running a game with that dungeon adding mod, random dungeons in the Terraria world, Thorium+, and a few others. Oh, and accessory slots+. THat's such a nice mod.

What features in this one should I expect to be even crazier than the original? Or did you not add anything crazy yet?
Just wondering what crazyness to run into. Also, any new optional features you can set for the mod?

Last edited by a moderator:
It says that the version I have installed is 0.9.6 is that right? Just want to make sure I didn't mess something up before I continued to play since that doesn't match up with the latest version

So noone knows why some monster despawns when I deal dmg to them? All kinds of golems, and the bosses spawned from e.x wind crystal

Is there a glitch where skeletron can spawn despite it not being night? A message popped up when I talked to the old man while it was close to night and got the "come back when it's nighttime" msg then another message popped up saying "skeletron answered Gokloud (my character) plead for death" then one hit both me and the old man. Now he's gone lol

This is the aftermath, just skip to where i'm in front of the dungeon
I don't think this happens in vanilla since it never has before but idk

I have an issue with Earth Crystal, Fire Crystal, Water Crystal & Wind Crystal - I'm able to spawn the bosses, but they despawn like 1 second after spawn. Same with all type of golems except earth golem for some reason. They despawn @ first hit. does anyone know why?

Update to the new version of the modpack so they dont flee all the time. If that doesnt work i have no idea

Aaand immediately downloaded :D

EDIT: I got at least one bug that's worth pointing out: Your version of the Bronze Armor seems to make the Bronze Armor sprite for Thorium Mod turn into question marks.

Otherwise, I forgot how odd and yet punishing the damage in this mod can be. The projectiles tend to hurt more than the spell effects, and everything goes flying with so much knockback everywere. I hope you take a second thought about playing with status effects with stuff more to make the spells more lethal instead of just nuking players with some things ^^;

Last edited:
Atmas weapon, extra acc slots, life giving accesories, one ring and great ring, dragoon gear, melee sets... I can reach 14k damage in one swing

Man, and here I thought it was cool that time I did over 1000 damage. You guys sure put that to shame.
Have fun murdering the Golem in like 4 hits. :)

Hey, Omnir, are Fire Elementals supposed to spawn far above Hell?
Because making a Hellavator is a bit problematic when the Final Fantasy 1 Fire Elementals just up and run through the walls and attempt to tear off my face by constantly running into me. :)

Maybe I need to reforge my Muramasa to the crazy knockback boosting prefix.
I can get to Hell, but it's problematic when the most dangerous things so far from any mod are Fire Elementals, both FF and Tibia.

Last edited:
Love that I didn't get any alerts all weekend :O

Didn't know that about the magic ring :( And I'll raise the drops for Sauron's armor

Small update:
r1.0.3.7 Fixed Spears/Lances firing too fast, thus leaving the hand
Changed spawns of a few enemies
Increased Sauron's loot
Fixed throwing spears to be ranged

Last edited:
Love that I didn't get any alerts all weekend :O

Didn't know that about the magic ring :( And I'll raise the drops for Sauron's armor

Small update:
r1.0.3.7 Fixed Spears/Lances firing too fast, thus leaving the hand
Changed spawns of a few enemies
Increased Sauron's loot
Fixed throwing spears to be ranged

50% for one piece of armor, thats kind of yours :D

lol to be honest, before update with both rings on me i could actually kill nazguls without using burrow blade as my crits on them mace were bigger than their op defense XD

upload_2015-2-23_23-56-50.png
btw i have idea for great magic ring, what about making it have invisibility potion effect with making mobs ignoring player :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Omnir, did you miss my posts?
I was just hoping you remember me from the other Terraria forums.
And good job updating this mod! :)

Now to download that update.

Omnir, did you miss my posts?
I was just hoping you remember me from the other Terraria forums.
And good job updating this mod! :)

Now to download that update.
Ah, nope, i got it :) They spawn in magma caverns through to hell. But I made them spawn much less often. I'll look at the tibian ones, too

Back
Top Bottom