Your most frustrating moments as a noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another time where my stupidity overtook me was during my first skeletron fight i won on mobile. I wanted a muramasa (there wasn't one in the entire dungeon.) Because I finally knew what the Night's Edge was. Get this: I had okay gear, but I didn't use any potions, and I, get this, was wearing shadow armor in VANITY, and gold armor in the actual armor slots.

facepalm.jpg

It never fails. From old Minecraft habits, I'd press T to chat, in any situation on a multiplayer server. As we all know, this is the Terraria hotkey to THROW your current item from your player...

This one particular time, I had happened to be in the hell caverns... and my hard-earned mythril drill went flying into the magma. :( R.I.P. Diggy The Drill.

It never fails. From old Minecraft habits, I'd press T to chat, in any situation on a multiplayer server. As we all know, this is the Terraria hotkey to THROW your current item from your player...

This one particular time, I had happened to be in the hell caverns... and my hard-earned mythril drill went flying into the magma. :( R.I.P. Diggy The Drill.

If you had enough life, you could have gotten it, mythril drills cannot burn in lava.

Joined multiplayer, accidentally picked up stacks of hallowed armor, enchanted boomerangs and excaliburs. Then got banned and kicked from every server i joined without knowing why. Thanks cheaters.

Most frustrating?
Corruption. Couldnt get by, this was when the eaters bounced back all wonkey
Embarrising?
Waltzing into the dungeon and nearly pooping myself to the guardian

Waltzing into the dungeon and nearly pooping myself to the guardian
The first time I encountered the guardian was on Mobile Terraria. I was in the car, playing on my phone, with my older sister in the driver's seat, giving us a ride home from school. I didn't know what to expect, so I disregarded the warnings from the old man and just went in.... When I was greeted with the terrifying spinning head engulfing me in an instant, I screamed out loud, and made my sister jump and swerve the car...

...not a proud moment.

Went into a friends server, got a free cobalt drill, didn't know about the delete button and deleted the drill.

That was my 2nd time playing the game...

Building a good looking base. Also i'm still just starting out (Just beat all mech bosses) And i'm about to TRY to build a castle base.

I've got another.
When I first started playing Terraria, I was on mobile, and I was playing with 3 of my friends. I was totally new, and they had been around for a while, and were struggling to kill Skeletron. I remember we all went there to fight him. All I had was a Light's Bane and no armor, but surprisingly I was the last to die (I later noticed they were wearing gold armor while I was wearing nothing). But before I died, one of my friends made it back to Skeletron (the others died along the way because it was a Blood Moon) right as I died. When the rest of us were at the base, and the guy still fighting Skeletron was alive, he died, AND SKELETON'S HAND FLEW OVER TO THE BASE AND MURDERED ALL OF US. Frustrating, but we were laughing so hard anyway. :D

Frustrating, but we were laughing so hard anyway. :D
Ha, this sentence reminds me of another experience I had.

I was playing Terraria with my friend Jake... We were just starting off, and it was our first time in the underworld. We were fighting hell monsters over MASSIVE pools of lava. We were on a small island of ash and hellstone, and Jake saw a voodoo demon. He made the regretful decision to shoot it down with his bow... and the voodoo doll went straight into the burning magma and spawned the horror.

We were hysterical. We were both on skype, and we just rolled over laughing. It was probably the greatest fail of the great Jakeb.
Man, I miss Jake... what the hell happened to him? No one will ever know.

Not understanding that you don't need to click on a crafting table/furnace/etc. to use it. :sigh:. That was disappointing.

when i started playing terraria, i only had console.
as most of you know, console is pretty damn challenging.
i tried fighting the destroyer along with my brother, we both had palladium armor.

our method for fighting the destroyer was fighting him next to our bed and not dodging anything, since we could immediately respawn.
the amazing thing is: it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom