tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this time, the Annihilator Beam won't suck. ;p
Well, in my opinion it never sucked.
The only thing I disliked about Prime 2 was the ammo system, which I will use, but it'll be entirely different. Ammo will recharge over time, as well as being replenish-able using Concentration. The Light, Dark, and Annihilator Beam addons will also decrease overheat cost, rather than increase it like the other addons.

Well, in my opinion it never sucked.
The only thing I disliked about Prime 2 was the ammo system, which I will use, but it'll be entirely different. Ammo will recharge over time, as well as being replenish-able using Concentration. The Light, Dark, and Annihilator Beam addons will also decrease overheat cost, rather than increase it like the other addons.

Yeah, but it's because of the ammo system that the Annihilator sucked; it took 2 ammo per shot yet was designed as a "spammy" weapon.
Which would have been just fine if the damage was high, but it wasn't. It takes upwards of 10 shots (20 ammo) to kill most enemies, uncharged.
Its charged shot was fairly strong, but still inferior to generic charged light or dark beams vs proper targets due to their special effects.

Supercharging crystals in Dark Aether though...that's where the Anni shines. 2 ammo to potentially clear entire rooms redeemed it as utility, but man was I disappointed when I first acquired it.

Yeah, but it's because of the ammo system that the Annihilator sucked; it took 2 ammo per shot yet was designed as a "spammy" weapon.
Which would have been just fine if the damage was high, but it wasn't. It takes upwards of 10 shots (20 ammo) to kill most enemies, uncharged.
Its charged shot was fairly strong, but still inferior to generic charged light or dark beams vs proper targets due to their special effects.

Supercharging crystals in Dark Aether though...that's where the Anni shines. 2 ammo to potentially clear entire rooms redeemed it as utility, but man was I disappointed when I first acquired it.
Don't forget the final boss phase 1 Anni was so good against it. As for phase 3 oh how I loved screw attack. :naughty:

I tried to use the morph ball and my game crashed, and now my character is useless because it just crashes. Is there a fix for the morph ball?? i really want to try it

I tried to use the morph ball and my game crashed, and now my character is useless because it just crashes. Is there a fix for the morph ball?? i really want to try it
Strange, I've never had the Morph Ball crash my game when using it...
What version of tAPI are you using? Make sure you have the latest (r15). Also, what mods are you using? Could be a mod conflict that's causing the crash.

What version of tAPI are you using? Make sure you have the latest (r15). Also, what mods are you using? Could be a mod conflict that's causing the crash.
personally I havnt used the morph ball since I downloaded R15 (melee playthrough trying to do it without using regular swords :p) so I cant confirm nor deny this..but I can say this: waffles exist :naughty:

I have version r13a. So how do i update tAPI, i really wanna see how the morph ball works

personally I havnt used the morph ball since I downloaded R15 (melee playthrough trying to do it without using regular swords :p) so I cant confirm nor deny this..but I can say this: waffles exist :naughty:
If you have nothing on topic to say that isn't a joke, don't say anything.
Saying "I can't do anything" is worse than saying nothing, and makes it obvious you are only posting that to make a joke. Stop it.

Download the latest version of tAPI on the front page of its forum thread.:confused:
Thank you, ill let you know if it works or not
[DOUBLEPOST=1433344312,1433343941][/DOUBLEPOST]when i try to install r15 it keeps saying The following directory is not a valid terraria directory. Please go back and choose the right folder
[DOUBLEPOST=1433344481][/DOUBLEPOST]
[DOUBLEPOST=1433344312,1433343941][/DOUBLEPOST]when i try to install r15 it keeps saying The following directory is not a valid terraria directory. Please go back and choose the right folder

Please help

I'm not entirely sure what the problem could be. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Terraria and start over. Then install tAPI. If that doesn't work, I can't really help you. But the people on the tAPI thread probably could. Ask further questions there; I didn't make tAPI.

I'm not entirely sure what the problem could be. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Terraria and start over. Then install tAPI. If that doesn't work, I can't really help you. But the people on the tAPI thread probably could. Ask further questions there; I didn't make tAPI.
Thanks for the help scooter, sorry im such a pain in the butt :p

You know what would be really interesting to add in the future? A Space Pirate Invasion, could be a great way to add bosses like the Omega Pirate or Berserker Lord in to the game. Possibly have a pre-hardmode version containing Prime 1/2 and Super Metroid style pirates and a hardmode variant featuring the Prime 3 pirates that are all souped-up on Phazon.

You know what would be really interesting to add in the future? A Space Pirate Invasion, could be a great way to add bosses like the Omega Pirate or Berserker Lord in to the game. Possibly have a pre-hardmode version containing Prime 1/2 and Super Metroid style pirates and a hardmode variant featuring the Prime 3 pirates that are all souped-up on Phazon.
Space Pirate invasions are on my list of things to add. However before now, I never considered what type of Space Pirates would spawn during the invasion.
Thanks for the suggestions. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom