PC 1.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must spread the good news to the point it's basically the same as the coming of Jesus Christ, our lord and salvation of our sins.

O Redigit, please bless us more with your holy hands while you rain down DLC-sized updates. With the help of RNGesus, we must preach this news and spam this on Facbook.

Amen.

So many incredible things to go over and they've hidden some of the better bits! Really astounded at the dilligence of the team, when you all said it would be worth the wait you certainly meant it.

Bonus points since my bae the Magnet Sphere got a buff, hoping for an upgraded version too but who knows!

First off, hey ^^/

Im hugely excited for 1.3 and Im amazed at the amount of content thats in there. The level of support the game continues to enjoy and for free! o_O You need to release something so we can give you money, seriously.

That said, some things Im not feelin -

Monsters may have a chance to spawn in usually-safe places, like your town/NPC housing. (Expert mode)
This kinda troubles me. One of the fundamental aspects of Terraria is creating spaces, and your home is your castle! I have underground lairs which I worked hard on and sometimes go AFK inside. That doesnt appear to be possible in an expert mode world. Im all for having a shake up in the monster dept, having some new ones that are more crafty at getting in - especially event monsters - would be fun. But otherwise, if Ive already taken into consideration the what and where Im building, so not up in the clouds, or in the bowels of hell, or dungeon adjacent, then I dont want monsters spawning within my walls!

Broken Hero Sword is no longer needed to craft the Terra Blade.
Keys to Biome Chests are now dropped instead of molds.
Dont like the over simplification of crafting in these cases. They are part of your progress and when you work to gather all the parts, it feels like you earned it. The key one especially, thats a huge nerf.

Ahaha I just saw this after continuing to read the post

• Sunflowers now glow at night and give a "Happy" buff that reduces monster spawns and increases movement speed.

Guess I need to make some grass patches in my Arena's when I revamp them in Expertmode

Dont like the over simplification of crafting in these cases. They are part of your progress and when you work to gather all the parts, it feels like you earned it. The key one especially, thats a huge nerf.
Red also mentioned that you can only open the biome chests when Plantera is dead, so there's that.

First off, hey ^^/

Im hugely excited for 1.3 and Im amazed at the amount of content thats in there. The level of support the game continues to enjoy and for free! o_O You need to release something so we can give you money, seriously.
"Take my money" :\
That said, some things Im not feelin -

This kinda troubles me. One of the fundamental aspects of Terraria is creating spaces, and your home is your castle! I have underground lairs which I worked hard on and sometimes go AFK inside. That doesnt appear to be possible in an expert mode world. Im all for having a shake up in the monster dept, having some new ones that are more crafty at getting in - especially event monsters - would be fun. But otherwise, if Ive already taken into consideration the what and where Im building, so not up in the clouds, or in the bowls of hell, or dungeon adjacent, then I dont want monsters spawning within my walls!
I think expert mode is toggleable, based on what was said.

I answered in red.

1. Monsters (usually) can't spawn in places where you can see. So you can make a new house somewhere and you'll still be able to go afk :)

2. BHS AND TERRABLADE: This removes a lot of rng magics.

3.Keys to Biome chests: Its annoying finding Plantera bulbs more than once to make all of the key items. By doing this you remove a lot of tedious-ness that killing plantera multiple times can do. Also, you can only open the chests after plantera, and plus, it was like this before 1.2.3, except for the fact that you could open chests at any time.

There is more to the key one in the changelog, indicating that the same end result is achieved. Read the full comment:
  • Keys to Biome Chests are now dropped instead of molds. Biome Chests can only be opened after Plantera has been defeated.
The problem in 1.2 was with getting Dungeon Keys as soon as Hardmode started, and then getting these items before the HM Dungeon.

That was later changed to use the Keymolds, which incorporated the Temple Keys to "lock" the key behind Plantera.

In this update, they had a simpler way of implementing this same issue; you just can't OPEN the chest until after Plantera. The same end result is achieved (locking the HM Dungeon chests behind Plantera), so there is actually very little nerf involved. :)

There is more to the key one in the changelog, indicating that the same end result is achieved. Read the full comment:

The problem in 1.2 was with getting Dungeon Keys as soon as Hardmode started, and then getting these items before the HM Dungeon.

That was later changed to use the Keymolds, which incorporated the Temple Keys to "lock" the key behind Plantera.

In this update, they had a simpler way of implementing this same issue; you just can't OPEN the chest until after Plantera. The same end result is achieved (locking the HM Dungeon chests behind Plantera), so there is actually very little nerf involved. :)
Except you don't need to kill plantera every time you want to open a new chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom