PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moon Lord on expert is damn near impossible on Expert -- at least, the way I do it. I fly around on my fishron mount, which makes quick movement impossible. Cheesing is the only method I have for soloing him. An arena is not entirely out of the question, but dodging all his attacks is difficult.

All these people calling Terraria a "primarily single player game" and I think I played an hour or two's worth of single player ever without getting immensely bored.

Well, it is misleading. Dodging a bosses and monsters is different than dodging player weapons. If your goal is to PvP and to get better at dodging, then you practice dodging in PvP. A boss with nearly predictable ai won't teach that.

They are different environments with different hazards. That's the point I am making. :p

Alright ill put these in 2 separate boxes then and leave it at that....Touche to you fine sir!... PVE dodging and PVP dodging

even thou for me it still works eather way IMO.

which is my point, mages are next to impossible to kill the moon lord using, they negated several playstyles against him, and again, you're able to dodge all 3 eyes attacking you at once and LIVE? fat chance, video proof or it isn't real
Well, i'm a mage based on MENACING and i beat him (look up at my posts in this thread)

The fact of the matter is, not everyone is Joe Pro at this game and it seems like the devs have lost sight of that in their love for their little Cheese Lord boss. Making it teleport and be as fast as you is being a cheese boss.

You could just make the nurse "too scared to help" during the moon lord fight.

I don't. I don't like the way he thinks at all. I think he's a bad influence, pay him no heed. XD

(plz don't hurt my nurse, she loves me, she keeps me alive)

EDIT: oops, quoted the wrong person. meant to quote Cenx. :(

Last edited:
I'll also mention having a Sunflower, Sunflower provides a move speed buff, that also counts towards flying speed just like Swiftness Potion. I have not tried it yet but perhaps setting up some teleporters at each end of your arena with pressure plates, will help with evasion too?
I told you, nothing works for me. Also on invulerability, its using an in game item as it was intended.

Silly kids and your cheesing, I personally fight him the intended way, up and personal. :p

Btw, those lasers of his don't go through blocks, for those who don't know that.

And for all the people who are like "oh they are going to make it so you cant use camplanterns, buff potions and heart statues, think again, these items may help in the fight a wee bit less hellish, but they do not let you supercheese it, the devs just want to take out the supercheesing and make the fight proper. :p

Well, i'm a mage based on MENACING and i beat him (look up at my posts in this thread)
What "cheesing" method did you use? seriously, i don't think that you are doing it without a HUGE arena setup, you shouldn't need an insane arena other than flat terrarian to beat any boss .-.

Silly kids and your cheesing, I personally fight him the intended way, up and personal. :p

Btw, those lasers of his don't go through blocks, for those who don't know that.

And for all the people who are like "oh they are going to make it so you cant use camplanterns, buff potions and heart statues, think again, these items may help in the fight a wee bit less hellish, but they do not let you supercheese it, the devs just want to take out the supercheesing and make the fight proper. :p
Sorry pal, they already disabled Campfires during the fight. So yeah, it is entirely possible the rest of that is next.

Apply this
but with mask spectre armor and razorblade typhoon.

It's possible- just not easy
i don't think a SINGLE player here wants to build an arena across a large map just to beat a boss using mage armor on a fight that you should be able to stay in a consistant location to beat -.-

God dammit, what's next, are you gonna make the Moon Lord absolutely immune to all but one kind of damage? Are we going to have to use a goddamn copper shortsword to kill him, and everything else does zero damage? <post edited by moderators>

Now that I got that off of my chest...

Last edited by a moderator:
What "cheesing" method did you use? seriously, i don't think that you are doing it without a HUGE arena setup, you shouldn't need an insane arena other than flat terrarian to beat any boss .-.
Not cheesing, SMARTNESS enough to heal with nurse and teleport back to proper battlefield. (DON'T say cheesing cause it's not cheesin, i just practised for like 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom