PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone that's worked myself physically sick fighting the final boss over and over tirelessly through many changes, buffs and nerfs, to get him just right for the players, thank you so much for saying this. Its EXACTLY how I feel when people just go lolcheese and make every little thing I did trivial.

Fact is.. We will find ways to take an advantage of the game. If you don't know this yet then take it from me because I look for things like this just to have something to do. It's pretty much a game in a game for me and many others who do this.

You can at least take it that I never used these cheap methods to fight the final boss (it probably doesn't matter though) but it's better to understand that some people are going to take advantage of everything they learned in the game. Everything. From my end it seems innocent enough to think "Hey, you get a moment of invincibility if you take damage, so why not pair star veil with standing on some spikes?" It could have been a really stupid idea. But it turned out it was a pretty good idea.

It's really the game tester's curse. You will always have to run tests because of people being clever with the game. People are too clever, always will be. It is the name of your game to stop those people when ever they find a glitch in the system.

I'm not here to offend or antagonize you. I'm just telling you the situation. I'm not going to lose sleep over things my mind puts together but I can use those glitches or I can avoid them at will. Not sure why I should be shamed over it. I'm not demanding that you fix these things.

PS. To be honest I wish youtubers would stop announcing these things.

I always figured the events were mostly prep time (for the random spawns) and to simulate them travelling to your spawn. Though, how you get such forward notice is beyond me :p

While the player is mining, etc., the NPCs are keeping an eye on the place.

Another question is where do they come from? Sure, pirates come via boat to your little island but what about the goblins, you only see the scout, you never see the others in their lair. The frost legion likely comes from the snow biome but you never see them in their native habitat before the event. The pumpkin and frost moon mobs must be magically teleported or something because you don't see any of them naturally in the wilds.

It's almost like why stay on the little island when you have a flying saucer? Move back to civilization so you don't have to deal with all these monsters all by yourself.

While the player is mining, etc., the NPCs are keeping an eye on the place.

Another question is where do they come from? Sure, pirates come via boat to your little island but what about the goblins, you only see the scout, you never see the others in their lair. The frost legion likely comes from the snow biome but you never see them in their native habitat before the event. The pumpkin and frost moon mobs must be magically teleported or something because you don't see any of them naturally in the wilds.

It's almost like why stay on the little island when you have a flying saucer? Move back to civilization so you don't have to deal with all these monsters all by yourself.

But, the NPCs must have amazing eyesight. They see them from any distance! And it doesn't matter where they are!

Also, if you leave the island the inhabitants will be easily overcome, even with their new found self defense. And you will be fleeing from your destiny, which never ends well. (See pretty much every myth ever)

I can't believe what you did to the star dust dragon though, rebalancing it wouldn't be to reduce his damage by 50%, the optic staff does more damage than it now, and its equal to the tempest staff which it shouldn't be, and it does allot less damage compared to the cell staff if you take account of the mini cells it continuously fires. All I'm saying is it was a GREAT end game minion and you guy's basically ruined it, I mean you took it from 80 damage down to 40, that's just WAY too much. You guy's really shouldn't have rebalanced it to be in line with other minions Duke and pre Duke, because it should be ALLOT better than minions like that, but now its really not. And I do hope that you fix it so it is like an end game minion, because it REALLY should be if you have to complete a part of the celestial event to get it.

And PLEASE, do not take this the wrong way, I am NOT trying to hate if you think that, I LOVE terraria and have thousands of hours into the game and I would never hate or anything like that to the devs or community or anyone here, but what you guy's did to "rebalance it" so that its "to be more in line with other minions" was just WAY too much and I don't think its fair.

I can't believe what you did to the star dust dragon though, rebalancing it wouldn't be to reduce his damage by 50%, the optic staff does more damage than it now, and its equal to the tempest staff which it shouldn't be, and it does allot less damage compared to the cell staff if you take account of the mini cells it continuously fires. All I'm saying is it was a GREAT end game minion and you guy's basically ruined it, I mean you took it from 80 damage down to 40, that's just WAY too much. You guy's really shouldn't have rebalanced it to be in line with other minions Duke and pre Duke, because it should be ALLOT better than minions like that, but now its really not. And I do hope that you fix it so it is like an end game minion, because it REALLY should be if you have to complete a part of the celestial event to get it.

And PLEASE, do not take this the wrong way, I am NOT trying to hate if you think that, I LOVE terraria and have thousands of hours into the game and I would never hate or anything like that to the devs or community or anyone here, but what you guy's did to "rebalance it" so that its "to be more in line with other minions" was just WAY too much and I don't think its fair.

Wanted to clarify something for the thread, as its been asked several times and I haven't seen an answer given (this information is being provided for me to share here).

The Stardust Dragon change is complicated and involved a few things, so bear with me.

1. Prefixes weren't working with the Stardust Dragon correctly. So your "Ruthless" Stardust Dragon staff wasn't dealing Ruthless damage, just normal. This is one of the things that was fixed.
2. It was seen that the Stardust Dragon Staff was performing VERY well at "1 minion count" use, possibly too well. As a result, its base damage was decreased.
3. However, the scaling wherein "each additional minion" increases the power of the weapon has been increased. This means that a higher minion count investment is more rewarding than it was before (each minion increase should show a proportionally higher increase in damage than before this version)

The above was made with the consideration of the new prefix damage issue included; by my rough estimates, if you are using a good prefix on your staff, you should expect a SLIGHT decrease in performance on a 1-minion count Dragon compared to the previous versions (in other words, a Dragon being used by a non-Summoner) but by 2 or 3 minion count, the overall damage should come out about the same. Above 3 minion count, you should be seeing an improvement in Stardust Dragon damage compared to previous versions.

I hope that helps clarify things!

The mount actually requires 120 bars because of shroomite and spectre bars. :) That's a total of 720 chlorophyte ores, which is pretty damn huge

That's 2 runs in my farm. Only obstacle is to wait for the 2nd batch to grow but most who are preparing for ML likely have their old chlorophyte farms still intact despite already being beyond the chlorophyte-based gear(including shroomite and specter). So if you know by the time you are fighting plantera that you will need a LOT of chlorophyte later in the game too, then that's the time to start gathering extra in preparation.

That's 2 runs in my farm. Only obstacle is to wait for the 2nd batch to grow but most who are preparing for ML likely have their old chlorophyte farms still intact despite already being beyond the chlorophyte-based gear(including shroomite and specter). So if you know by the time you are fighting plantera that you will need a LOT of chlorophyte later in the game too, then that's the time to start gathering extra in preparation.

Especially Rangers, since they would probably like to have a renewable source of those chlorophyte bullets/arrows. Others I could understand dismantling a farm, but I don't see a reason personally to do so.

The final boss' attacks now use their own cooldown for immunity due to how naughty some of our players have been.
This had better be as a unit and not each of its attacks...

I don't care if I cant take damage from something not the moon lord and become immune to the moon lord, as long as each of its individual attacks don't have their own Cool Downs.

Anyways When Tshock becomes available or at least a lot more stable, I wont have to worry about damage at all...

Take my word for it that it wasn't reduced nearly as much as you think. In fact, for Summoner builds, it actually received a buff! The listed damage on the weapon isn't very representative of how it actually performs. While the listed damage went down by 33%, it is now properly adding Weapon Prefix damage (which was previously bugged not to work). Additionally, the way the projectile count scaling works, which is pretty complicated from what I can tell, is not fairly represented by the listed damage, and again, I assure you that the actual damage dealt does not suffer from a 33% reduction (as a result of the other side of the changes).

As best as I can summarize it, the Stardust Dragon does "Base damage X multiplier per segment"; the default 1-minion Dragon already counts as a few segments. The base damage went down, the multiplier per segment increased, which results in a less dramatic shift than you might think.

Another quick note: Stardust Dragon's base damage wasn't 80 before the patch, I believe it was 60.

Last edited:
In the best scenario its just "switch your strategy" or your playstyle... in the worst its farming days for the right equipment to play a game in way you didn't want to play it in the first place. The difference here is, they offer you a sandbox with 3 (or 4 with the summoner) rough edged character classes. So the expectation should be, that the game should have a equal difficulty in any situation with whatever class you choose, assumed your player skill is equal with this class and your equipment has the same power (or is the same tier for that matter). Sandbox and more or less forcing a player to change the way he played the game the last 50 hours doesn't fit together. They rendered a complete playstyle nearly useless with that for non other reasons than to make the game harder instead of fixing the underlying problem of why they even think it would be necessary to prevent players using that playstyle solely in that fight.

Promote that there are 4 distinct classes in the game but then force players to either cross-class or switch between classes. You're right, it's not really the best implementation. Devs sometimes have to try different approaches instead of sticking with one and then twisting it to somehow work but not really.

I run melee with a minion, a sentry and maybe a cloud and a urine-soaked book.

Magic is a bit of a nuisance with all the mana potions you have to drink. Ranged you have to craft countless bullets or you are dead in the water. Summoner was new and wasn't fleshed out yet, although you still have to attack with something or else you're just standing around waiting for your minions to finish killing stuff(yawn). I still think summons should be buffed further, have a much higher mana cost and be able to engage enemies(keeping the player safe) but also be killable so that the summoner has to summon replacements as needed.

So still nothing to help the stardust guardian? Oh well atleast it's something:indifferent:

Wait..what??

Also I don't knowwhy people are so upset! I have beaten the Moonlord by standing in my home next to my nurse and spamming solar eruption with shroomite armor and it worked just fine :nursecool:

Best loadout 10/10, would read troll post again from this user.

It would be rather humorous if you actually needed all of your NPCs to help you defeat ML.

>Isn't reproducable
>Happens everyday ten times a day when I save something to the cloud
Nice try. I apologize if I was a bit rude, but this doesn't speak the best for you when every update tries to make the final boss harder instead of fixing a game breaking glitch.
That's not even the real Redigit...

Wait..what??

Best loadout 10/10, would read troll post again from this user.

It would be rather humorous if you actually needed all of your NPCs to help you defeat ML.
1. Atleast the Patch gave us something but the Stardust Guardian (Stardust armor set bonus) is still weak as sh**.

2. No for real that was my loadout for my first two ML kills (then I got my Stardust Armor) and if you are wondering where I fought:
This is my home
Capture 2015-07-21 06_20_56.png

Wow I just reallised that my Stardust Dragon is invisible but the particles aren't :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom