PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone has their own skill level, and EVERY skill level is valid and to be respected here.

Now, I'll be watching for a 3rd difficulty option to appear for worlds: Easy

Dig, fight, build. Some will indeed be diggers, some will be fighters and some will be builders. Just as some will be Melee, some will be Summoner, some will be Ranged and some will be Magic.

The gap in skill is very wide in this game yet everyone wants to be able to do everything. This is why game balance is so important. If 3 or more skill levels are clearly being seen, then there needs to be 3 or more skill levels in the game. Let it be up to the player which one they want to play and how difficult the challenges are. So many players consider this a sandbox game where anything is possible so why are there impossible things in it?

So lets get back to having a friendly, respectful discussion, right guys?

CwlHSIW.jpg

Indeed. Great movie, saw it in the theater when it came out. Great philosophy. Life is short, why be mean to others when instead you can make friends with others and debate topics you care about? In this case, Terraria and it's recent updates.

Let it be up to the player which one they want to play and how difficult the challenges are. So many players consider this a sandbox game where anything is possible so why are there impossible things in it?

Terraria is indeed heavy on the sandbox gameplay, but it is also an action adventure game with a very heavy focus on combat and difficulty. This is just part of how the game is designed.

Have in game ranged armor along with a unreal Vortex Beater and ten stacks of chloro bullets. I make about every potion that my world allows for and had a campfire, ammo box, and heart lamp nearby. Its still impossible. I can't get the ufo cause that event is so rare that I only seen it once on two of my characters each
the U.F.O is less rare in space :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1437454477,1437454057][/DOUBLEPOST]
The dev team is a bit more mature than that. We are making tweaks we see necessary that is all. I promise we aren't crying in our Dev chat about the mean cheesers. Lol
r-CANADIAN-CHEESE-GRAND-PRIX-2013-large570.jpg
U MAD BRO!? :red2:

Not really a reasonable response to have enemies become exponentially more powerful though :p Can we have the same effect? *pulls out mini-gun*

Like beetle armor! (though it's not exponential) The point of my little idea was if something is hitting you and you aren't killing it, then what's the reason and what will be done about it? If a slime is taking chunks out of your body, you should reasonably die if it happens long enough without being responded to. Don't the expert mode slimes do a lot more damage? It's like letting someone run you over with a car repeatedly. Gonna move or are you gonna die? Should the healing be nerfed to compensate? Looks like they did something with vamp items didn't they? They did something with I-frames as well. Perhaps a detection where anyone using a cheese method to kill the moon lord will irrevocably change their player sprite to a capital E, for Exploiter! Vanities wouldn't cover this sprite change, nor would armors.

I'm sure they will continue to tweak until they find the right balance and acceptable ways to stop the cheesing, the results will ultimately satisfy most players.

But, the NPCs must have amazing eyesight. They see them from any distance! And it doesn't matter where they are!

Also, if you leave the island the inhabitants will be easily overcome, even with their new found self defense. And you will be fleeing from your destiny, which never ends well. (See pretty much every myth ever)

The largest island is about 3 miles(16,800 ft) if I'm not mistaken, so 1.5 mile radius if it is round. If elevated above tree level in a high-rise hotel or a wizard's tower, the NPCs would easily see things coming though at ground level the trees and structures might block their view. I'm thinking the dryad might have some insight because she is one with nature, the clothier and guide might have a sense when someone arrives on the island due to their supernatural connections. The party girl likely invited everyone who shows up and knows exactly when they are due to arrive. I've got my pirate on a ship so he's guarding my western shore with cannons on the ready.

Once you defeat all the bosses, and purify the island, you aren't needed there anymore. You can retire and go play another game or you can start the adventure anew.

Could someone please finally tell me why quickstacking money has been removed? To general chests, at least.

Is it so players don't get their money stolen on multi-player or something.

Honestly, having to stack everything coin-by-coin is very painstakingly slow and frustrating. I've yet to ever experience a case where I didn't need my money quick-stacked.

1. Atleast the Patch gave us something but the Stardust Guardian (Stardust armor set bonus) is still weak as sh**.

Oh you threw me for a loop. "Nothing" doesn't typically imply "something".

2. No for real that was my loadout for my first two ML kills (then I got my Stardust Armor) and if you are wondering where I fought:
This is my home
View attachment 64730
Wow I just reallised that my Stardust Dragon is invisible but the particles aren't :D

Nice fort! I was questioning the shroomite armor(ranged bonuses) with a melee weapon. It didn't hit me as a sound choice.

Could someone please finally tell me why quickstacking money has been removed? To general chests, at least.

See the following link and quote: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-coin-quick-stack-dosent-work.20977/#post-577156

This is a feature. I got tired of placing my coins in random chests when playing with other people. Since you can now buy things from your piggy bank that is the best place to keep them. I am sorry if you don't like this change.

Okay everyone! Listen up! :)

Its clear a lot of people have some pretty strong opinions on a variety of matters. However, there is no reason for people to ever, ever insult one another or be rude to other forum members.

Allow me to quote them rules:

Loki said it very well there. Debate the position, not the person. If you disagree with someone? Cool, that's encouraged and acceptable. But don't demean them or those who are like them because they don't see things the same way as you.

On this forum, respectful posting is required. At all times. I don't want to see anymore calling people lazy, or insulting the skills of those who can't beat Moonlord, criticizing those who think Moonlord isn't hard, anything. People who simply refuse to do this may have to be removed from the thread. Be nice to each other! Its not so hard. "Git gud" is not a respectful way to respond to someone's concerns of the game being too hard. Its really not. If you absolutely must critique someone's strategy for a fight, you can come up with a more eloquent way of saying it. Everyone has their own skill level, and EVERY skill level is valid and to be respected here.

So lets get back to having a friendly, respectful discussion, right guys?

CwlHSIW.jpg

I have a feeling I've seen that movie, but I cannot remember the name. Can you tell me it?

Oh you threw me for a loop. "Nothing" doesn't typically imply "something".

Nice fort! I was questioning the shroomite armor(ranged bonuses) with a melee weapon. It didn't hit me as a sound choice.
To be simple: I was to lazy to farm for meele armor so I kept the ranged one :p

Terraria is indeed heavy on the sandbox gameplay, but it is also an action adventure game with a very heavy focus on combat and difficulty. This is just part of how the game is designed.

Indeed, so when X% of players are finding the game to be too difficult, particularly the boss fights, an easier mode may be needed or else these players will resort to exploits or lose interest altogether.

So when forums participants are called upon to respect each other's skill but the game development espouses itself to a minimum skill level and anyone who falls below that threshold is left out in the cold, it sets a double-standard.

This is where people become negative, frustrated and annoyed at the perceived betrayal.

Indeed, so when X% of players are finding the game to be too difficult, particularly the boss fights, an easier mode may be needed or else these players will resort to exploits or lose interest altogether.

So when forums participants are called upon to respect each other's skill but the game development espouses itself to a minimum skill level and anyone who falls below that threshold is left out in the cold, it sets a double-standard.

This is where people become negative, frustrated and annoyed at the perceived betrayal.

True enough; I would be interested to see the value of X% however. :)

That said, forum etiquette has nothing to do with game design. There is no betrayal in making a game difficult. Easiest or hardest game in the world, the expectations for behavior on this forum are set in stone. The two have little relation.

WOAH! first page!
Anyways, i'm GLAD that now you can hide the Moon Charm and the Neptune Shell. it was so annoying when i was trying new vanity combinations in an all items map and had to remove my Celestial Shell!

What does this mean?

it essentially means that he can hit you 10 times in quick succsession which different attacks ignoring your immunity (attacks that are the same still work normally)

aka let's ignore everyone saying moonlord is too hard and make it even more boring and time consuming to fight

it's actually why im waiting for mods to update because at this point :red: fighting it legit (i did beat it once before you :red:) im not grinding this boss anymore i don't want to fight 3 friggin events to summon him

I agree exploiting the nurse is stupid then how about making the nurse unavailable to heal during boss battles in expert mode that way chalange players can be happy and the people who just want to play with the new stuff can on normal

Seriously the people whoever you are behind these descisions I know 10 of my friends swear off the game for good now at least untill his stupidity is nerfed.

On that note; if you really want to see an "Easy" mode, I'd like to direct you to the Suggestion section. It exists just so you can propose such things. In the mean time, I'd like to see this thread get back on topic in regards to the changes made in 1.3.0.6 specifically. :)

I think most people having trouble with Moon Lord are making it far harder than needs to be. Equip Beetle armor and maxed defense accessories (specifically the turtle shell and the worm scarf), stand under a platform with campfire, heart lamp and a bucket of honey, and fire away with the vortex blaster and chlorophyte bullets. Standard buff potions as well, of course, although healing pots are often unnecessary. The nurse is not necessary, although the Dryad is welcome. Turns out it's actually easier on 'Expert' due to the extra accessory slot.

Is this 'cheesing'? Seems like it's just gearing up to me. INB4 1.3.0.7 patch note: "Moon Lord now disregards player defense".

Credit where credit's due, NerdParadise needs more views and subscribers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom