PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the concept of cheesing. I think it's become part of the game in some way. You have this really powerful boss, but you also have really powerful gear at that point. You can't simply beat the Moon Lord on expert mode without cheesing (well you can, it's just not particularly convenient). So you have to go all out and use every dirty trick in the book to show him how it's done. I like that a lot. Beating a boss fair and square is fun once. Maybe twice. But figuring out a clever method to make it easier makes it much more appealing to me.

By the way cheesing the Moon Lord for me is not exploiting invincibility frames, that's just lame. Teleporting to the nurse, having heart statues, life regen from campfires and heart lanterns is my way of cheesing. If he's got 290 times as much health as me and does considerably more relative damage, then I'm going to find a way to keep my health up. And there's other ways to do that besides dodging, even when they're not as "fair" or "legit".

Here's my setup by the way. The teleporter is NOT needed to beat the Moon Lord, I just beat him without it quite easily. But it's there just in case. Just stand in the middle and fire away at the head and the hands with Holy Arrows and the Phantasm. Shroomite armor (with Arrow headgear obviously). Warding Reforge on all accessories which are the Charm of Myths, Ankh Shield, Destroyer Emblem, Celestial Shell and Star Veil. Buffs are Pumpkin Pie, Arrow damage buff, Life regen buff and Ironskin buff. The setup is self explanatory, although I put Skeleton statues on the platform above the Heart statues if I want to cheese with the Last Prism. All of this is available before the first Moon Lord fight too, so no excuses. Going from the buff cooldown you can see it only took me 2 minutes.

iMMrYAD.png

I'd like to once again remind people of what I said in this post.

Please, please be respectful! Things are getting heated on a lot of fronts, but disrespecting other people's play styles, or worse, insulting them directly, is just not acceptable here. I say this as someone insanely invested in this game and community; there is NOTHING being in this thread that is worth mistreating other forum members for. Mutual respect and kindness should be a top priority at all times. Thread bans have been implemented, and will continue to be implemented if this disrespect continues.

There is also the betrayal in terms. The entire underlying reason you were compelled to warn the thread was ultimately because of the lack of support, by the dev(who own's these forums), for all skill levels of players, yet in your warning you clearly said to respect each other's skill levels because that is the dev's rules. The relation and irony is blatantly obvious to me and it motivated me to reply in case it wasn't obvious to anyone else.

Again, the relation between game design and proper forum decorum is unrelated. If you wish to discuss it further, I'd ask that you PM me about it, rather than continue in this thread, since its about the 1.3.0.6 changes primarily.

Last edited:

I don't know what kind of games you like to play, or your friend for the matter - but I'll take Resident Evil for an example. I used to play 4 a lot, it had 4 difficulty types iirc. I really liked the game so I passed it throughouly a dozens of times on most of the difficulties. After all of that practice I went for the last difficulty and even then I died sometimes because it was HARD. But in the end I went through the game and passed it like a boss, because I knew what's coming and when I may be rekt by someone...

Take any other game which has difficulties and apply the same exact formula. Expert mode represents a difficulty, if one is to pass that he gets rewarded - it would be :red:ed if you actually finished expert and got nothing from it. I mean, what would be the point in playing it anyway, then? (Other than feeling proud that you managed to finish the game) Most of the games at higher difficulties give something unique to you, and that's what keeps you going and actually pushes you to practice more so that once you get on the higher difficulty, you end up being ready for that.

I really wonder whether anyone with similar arguments played and difficulty oriented game ever, because most of the arguments given are completely and 100% invalid. I dare all of you to buy a game and start playing it on the last difficulty it offers, and then watch how you start to lose your hair... it. just. works. like. that.
If you love terraria and like to play the game, give Expert a go... if you don't like building, collecting items, getting better at the game and learning AI, then terraria isn't a game for you, nor is pretty much ANY RPG game which has bosses in it.

The largest island is about 3 miles(16,800 ft) if I'm not mistaken, so 1.5 mile radius if it is round. If elevated above tree level in a high-rise hotel or a wizard's tower, the NPCs would easily see things coming though at ground level the trees and structures might block their view. I'm thinking the dryad might have some insight because she is one with nature, the clothier and guide might have a sense when someone arrives on the island due to their supernatural connections. The party girl likely invited everyone who shows up and knows exactly when they are due to arrive. I've got my pirate on a ship so he's guarding my western shore with cannons on the ready.

Once you defeat all the bosses, and purify the island, you aren't needed there anymore. You can retire and go play another game or you can start the adventure anew.

Yeah, I was mostly just making a joke :p Plus, sometimes my NPCs are built into the ground. And, you are notified even if all your NPCs are dead. (or absent in the Angler's case)

There's a flaw in that terminology. Normal mode is for normals. If it were named "beginner mode", I'd agree, but it isn't.

The problem there is, should an easier mode give the same rewards? Expert not giving better rewards is fine, because it was made as an extra challenge. But, if they create a easier difficulty, should it grant the same gear as normal? Also, everyone was a "beginner" at some point. We all started in "normal mode." If they want the final boss to be hard, they have no obligation to make it so everyone can beat it. I'd say the same thing if it was the Eye of Cthulhu we were talking about.

it essentially means that he can hit you 10 times in quick succession which different attacks ignoring your immunity (attacks that are the same still work normally)

Seriously the people whoever you are behind these descisions I know 10 of my friends swear off the game for good now at least untill his stupidity is nerfed.

Well, they have discussed these before. They have even taken measures before this. Fire blocks have been calculated seperately since 1.2 This isn't some new crusade against this tactic.

Sorry that you are going to refuse to play a great game because you disagree with the final boss.

Thx for the reminder... I was about to tell those players who think they are so good that they can beat ML blindfolded and hands tied to the back to get off Terraria and play those "I wanna be the X' games on Impossible Mode since they love hard games so much. But I guess I don't have to now.

OK, my last post is buried in page 5 since yesterday so I'm not gonna continue it fully.

I noticed some people said final boss must be hardest. So... I assume those guys never heard of Gradius? You need to be an idiot to lose to the Bacterian leader after shooting down his myriad minions and navigating those sharp corridor without crashing ie, crashing into his stationary body. (that said I do not want Terraria to become like this at all, just saying final bosses =/= hardest boss. I think some bonus bosses post game (lore wise not threatening to the world like at all unlike cultists and the subsequent bosses but is sealed away waiting for someone to best them so they can rest in peace) should be more fitting to take that position[take a hint for next major update idea, devs!])

Like I said, I'm use 'honourable' tactics most of the time (Guns + Chloro bullets + menancing accessories + skybridge filled with campfire, heart latern etc), but if people want to cheese? Let them be. It's their problem for taking their own challenges away. Yes, the fact you can think of exploiting the spike to negate major damage shown how crafty you are. You realise the invincible frame after getting hit, which is part of the game, can be put to good use. Remember back when killing Dungeon Guardian is all the rage? He is clearly not intended to be beaten but the devs loved our attempt to much they decide to reward us for doing it while at the same time making sure his role as preventing us from entering before skipping the boss is retained. I've mentioned it before, players who can exploit gameplay mechanic are cunning, not cheaters. Without this kind of outside of box thinking, would DG have been downed at all aside from endlessly shooting at him?

I am powerless to do anything, but devs, I know you guys are gonna remove the lava cheese people mentioned earlier. Go on. Do it. Enjoy the groans that follow afterwards.

And thank you Cenx, for assuring us that currently, the devs have no plan on removing the nurse from the fight. *gives a big middle finger to the idea of nurse dying/too scared to help/summoning ML via nurse voodoo doll/otherwise disabled for the ML fight*

My arena is a skybridge with a loop at the the very end for me to circle around, back to the bridge and go the opposite direction. And my nurse is stationed near the loop. However, I see her as an emergency health supply. I will only click on her if things really becomes grim (like reaching < 100 HP) during the battle. Otherwise, she can just sit there and rot while I fire away at the boss and loop about in the arena.

Oh, and I have a semi cheese when engaging many major bosses for first time. If you guys want to know how, start a private conversation with me (if devs patch this method I'm really gonna delete Terraria from my PC. It just prove how desperate devs can get when when they want us to fight ML honourably.). Bear in mind this method is not foolproof and you can still die if you are under prepared, but it DOES make things easier. All I can say now is to give you a hint to my method.
3 words:
F _ _ _ _ S _ _ _ O _ _
Have fun figuring out what each letter is! (Cenx, if you are curious I can discuss my method privately with you too, but I trust your honesty and integrity in not letting the programmers know about this. Or, you can let them know but warn them that patching this method is a bad idea).

Why should we need to go play harder games? The devs intentionally want this boss to be tough. And they even created a whole new mode for us that want even more challenge. It isn't even about "honor" it's about abusing simple exploits. This isn't anything new, fireblocks were the old cheese and they were fixed in 1.2. I'm sure there was stuff in between and before that that were fixed as well.

They aren't desperate for wanting to fix exploits, nor do they enjoy people groaning about said fixes. It really annoys me when people accuse the devs of being some malevolent, sadistic force. They have been providing free updates for a little over four years now(correct me if I'm wrong) and the size of the game has grown exponentially...

So, you will delete Terraria if they patch your cheese, that you are advertising in a thread about patch notes... If you want to delete the game, just do it. Don't make up some excuse to do so.)

The final boss is usually the hardest. And often times is a disappointment when it's easy. Biggest examples I can think of are Fable 2 and Shadow of Mordor.

I'm REALLY glad they updated the Celestial Shell as everyone suggested. Fantastic!

I have to laugh at this update, though. There's been yet another attempt to reduce Moon Lord cheesing, which in my view is extremely silly. If players want to fight the boss legitimately, they will do so of their own choosing, without the developers trying to force them. Clever players will always find a way to be cheesy, no matter what the developers do. I enjoy the challenge of figuring out new ways to cheese Moon Lord after previous cheesy methods get nerfed. If players want to flat-out cheat, they can very easily do that too with mods or inventory editors.

I don't quite understand Re-Digit's motive in expending energy trying to prevent cheesing strategies, but I appreciate it in the sense that I like the challenge.

No amount of Moon Lord buffs will prevent me from farming up sky-high towers of Luminite with faceroll cheese strategies. I beat him on Expert legit one time, post-teleport buff, and that one time was enough to satisfy my sense of honor. :p

Okay? If they (the players) want it to be easier they can mod to change it. I see absolutely no problem with the devs wanting the game to be however difficult (in either way) they want it to be. The base game should be as the devs intended. They even openly support modding; so go wild edit in your items, modify the game to be easier, add in super powerful items.

Moon Lord buff? Okay. That's fair. But can we change Spikes back to how it was so the Star Veil can be useful in Dungeons again?

Cross necklace is a hardmode accessory. You should be able to handle yourself by the time you get it and return to the dungeon. If not, mine out the spikes or place blocks over them.

Originally I did quote you. However, I was also attempting to put my thoughts to words regarding the damage change, which I don't agree with due to design principles only to have Mr. F post and make me decide to go ahead and post that bit. For the record, I didn't post that from a superior point of view but instead as someone who's long since grown tired of the whole, "get good," mentality others have. Your post and screenshot offered no tactics or strategy. At that point, all that could be inferred from it was that you won the fight because you had access to 300ish hp every few seconds.

While I'm as confused as you are as to why the nurse hasn't ever been balanced well, the time to change that has long-since passed. In fact, we've also passed the point where it has ceased to feel like the devs are trying to challenge the player base and are instead feeling pissy that easy solutions to the Moon Lord fight are being thought of.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the final boss being a difficult/challenging fight but if the devs can't figure out a way to do it without changing long-standing game mechanics and/or exploits they've never been arsed to balance/fix/rework before, then perhaps they should just step away until they can. As-is, I'm getting reminded of the various "Nightmare GM" stories I've heard/read where a GM can't stand that his/her players beat the GM's favorite villain.

Edit: And now I sleep.

The problem is, some of the people saying "get good" have provided tons of helpful tips. That people then disregard and complain that it's too hard. If you have everything at your disposal and you still don't succeed, improving yourself is the only way forward. Well, other than demanding nerfs. Some of us "have long since grown tired of the whole, "nerf it into the ground," mindset others have.

It seems a lot the community are the ones "feeling pissy" about not being able to overcome this challenge. The devs haven't posted anything complaining about how people are beating their "favorite villain." They are even remaining calm, despite the storm that the community is kicking up about this. This same thing happens pretty much everytime there is some form of "end game" in Terraria.

I'm just going to quote what I posted in a conversation that happened because of this thread.... Note these were multiple comments so they may seem disjointed without the other person's posts :p

The community went through similar phases about every "end game" boss. Back when Skeletron was the final boss people were worried about it being OP. This trend resurfaced after the Wall, the Mechs, probably Plantera I wasn't around the forums at that time. Golem didn't, because he is just kind of sad... even after the buffs he can still be killed by a little box you build around the altar. Then the Moons and Duke Fishron. Man, did people flip out about those. But, slowly over time people overcame those. It's been ~20 days since the update. That might seem like a long time, but people will overcome this too, and they will feel better for it. People now aday would scoff at the idea that Skeletron or the Wall need nerfed. Soon, the Moons and Duke will be the same and Moon Lord will be accepted as he is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skeletron had a stat nerf, but no mechanic changes. Destroyer was nerfed briefly, before returning deadlier than before. Plantera had her move speed nerfed, but received her enrage out of Underground Jungle. Skeletron Prime, Golem, and Duke Fishron have only ever been buffed.

Other bosses weren't really afk farmable until after them, though. The problem here is that these farms are possible prior to it. I don't think an afk farm should be possible for a boss at all until the boss becomes trivial to you, but I won't rally against it. Just not my cup of tea, so I won't utilize them.

The only change that has really affected the afk farm is the spike/lava/mob fix, which they have actually been working on for quite some time. Fireblocks got hit by the fix long ago.

I actually hope they expand the separate immunity to all bosses (boss spawned mobs should of course share it as well to prevent bosses double dipping their damage.)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I love seeing the elaborate set ups people do, it's things like the tiny box with every healing buff planted around/in it with a spike/mob statue that I dislike.

Seeing things like this? http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...farm-4-5-planteras-per-hour.8942/#post-256726 That's amazing.

Stuff like this?
Not so much.
_____________________________________________-

Dashed lines are breaks between my posts, underscores mark the start and end :p

Seriously seperate Moon Lord damage cooldown from environment damage? I can see why people are stating statue nerf now. I haven't seen this happen to Pumpkin Moon Event and Frost Moon Event, it's a way people love to play, why take that fun from them? Might not be fun to others but they can just challenge themselves by doing it the "right" way. "Why" Is the big word here for me.

Great idea, let's stop working insane hours to release free updates!
Honestly if your updates are going to consist of "More moon lord cheese" all the time, then yes, you should just call it a day and concentrate on Terraria 2. I'm sorry to be that guy who has to say it, but it has to be said. You're not challenging anyone, you're godmode DMing at this point.

Example: Spikes given their own damage set.

Since 2011 this has never been an issue, so why all of a sudden in 2015 does it get changed? Because you guys wanted to change the rules the game is played by simply to fit your final boss. That is the very definition of "godmode GMing". You want us to "fight it fair" and yet it moves as fast as we do so its unavoidable and teleports if you do manage to get too far away from it. Explain how that is a fair fight? No other boss does that, it either despawns or chases you under its own speed. It doesn't teleport to you and keep kicking your :red:.

Seriously seperate Moon Lord damage cooldown from environment damage? I can see why people are stating statue nerf now. I haven't seen this happen to Pumpkin Moon Event and Frost Moon Event, it's a way people love to play, why take that fun from them? Might not be fun to others but they can just challenge themselves by doing it the "right" way. "Why" Is the big word here for me.

Doing it for the moon events would be more complicated, and would either require adding every event mob to the separate list or negatively affecting early game. Though, if they decide to fix it for the whole game, so be it.

Not going to get into a point by point breakdown of why this post has more cracks in it than Detroit, but I think I can sum it all up with one or two very simple points;

Expert mode. It's for experts. You don't play it with new people. You don't learn boss patterns in it. You do all that in Normal. Got a good grasp of the game? Learned your bosses and know what's up and what's effective where? Got some, dare I say, expertise?

Great. Play Expert Mode now.

See, you're not supposed to 'learn and overcome' in Expert because as you've pointed out, it's extremely hard to learn when you get punished to a huge degree. That's why it's meant for people who already KNOW what they're doing. Not everyone is going to be in the league for the mode.

It really was a mistake on your part to do your co op on the mode she was not ready for. Know what Demon Heart is for? it's not cool exclusive cool kid loot, it's an equalizer, because you NEED that extra slot.

You knew what you were signing up for. You chose the difficulty mode that straight up tells you it's not the standard experience and it's for players who already know everything. Moon Lord on Expert is, in fact, the final, absolute test of player skill. It's the final bastion of game mastery. The thought that it should be beatable by people who don't even know the boss or any strategies is... unfair to those who wanted the expert mode in the first place?

It's akin to people trying to compete with an MLS team, while never having played soccer before. Then wondering why they couldn't figure out how to play during the game.

Your hundredth Old Shoe is due to you not having a large enough pool. In 10 minutes you can find 6 cave fish and 3 prismite, and with alchemy table with a plant form (which only takes you to buy pots so you cant complain about it) makes it so some materials wont even be consumed so you can have double or triple the ammount of potions than the ammount of fish you got.

Im not trying to make a point. Im calling you out on you whining about basic functions that you should've considered to begin with. It must be SO TEDIOUS AND HARD to spend 10 MINUTES fishing for buff ingredients. SO HARD TO WASTE 10 MINUTES OF YOUR LIFE TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER.

Not to mention, you can increase your chances greatly using proper gear and bait.

I actually like the concept of cheesing. I think it's become part of the game in some way. You have this really powerful boss, but you also have really powerful gear at that point. You can't simply beat the Moon Lord on expert mode without cheesing (well you can, it's just not particularly convenient). So you have to go all out and use every dirty trick in the book to show him how it's done. I like that a lot. Beating a boss fair and square is fun once. Maybe twice. But figuring out a clever method to make it easier makes it much more appealing to me.

By the way cheesing the Moon Lord for me is not exploiting invincibility frames, that's just lame. Teleporting to the nurse, having heart statues, life regen from campfires and heart lanterns is my way of cheesing. If he's got 290 times as much health as me and does considerably more relative damage, then I'm going to find a way to keep my health up. And there's other ways to do that besides dodging, even when they're not as "fair" or "legit".

Here's my setup by the way. The teleporter is NOT needed to beat the Moon Lord, I just beat him without it quite easily. But it's there just in case. Just stand in the middle and fire away at the head and the hands with Holy Arrows and the Phantasm. Shroomite armor (with Arrow headgear obviously). Warding Reforge on all accessories which are the Charm of Myths, Ankh Shield, Destroyer Emblem, Celestial Shell and Star Veil. Buffs are Pumpkin Pie, Arrow damage buff, Life regen buff and Ironskin buff. The setup is self explanatory, although I put Skeleton statues on the platform above the Heart statues if I want to cheese with the Last Prism. All of this is available before the first Moon Lord fight too, so no excuses. Going from the buff cooldown you can see it only took me 2 minutes.

iMMrYAD.png

See, but that isn't really cheesing. You are preparing an arena.

Honestly if your updates are going to consist of "More moon lord cheese" all the time, then yes, you should just call it a day and concentrate on Terraria 2. I'm sorry to be that guy who has to say it, but it has to be said. You're not challenging anyone, you're godmode DMing at this point.

Since 2011 this has never been an issue, so why all of a sudden in 2015 does it get changed? Because you guys wanted to change the rules the game is played by simply to fit your final boss. That is the very definition of "godmode GMing". You want us to "fight it fair" and yet it moves as fast as we do so its unavoidable and teleports if you do manage to get too far away from it. Explain how that is a fair fight? No other boss does that, it either despawns or chases you under its own speed. It doesn't teleport to you and keep kicking your :red:.
I personally like all this updates & hotfixes. And I want to see more of them in the future!

P.S. And believe me, there much more people like me - who want Terraria to be updated in the future, than ungrateful people like you, who doesn't want it...

Last edited:

Example: Fireblocks being separated in 1.2

And, would you honestly rather the Moon Lord despawn?

I would like it to play by the same rules every other boss plays by. It is apparently too much to ask.

Wall of Flesh doesn't play by the same rules. Plantera doesn't play by the same rules. Skeletron Prime doesn't play by the same rules. Duke Fishron doesn't play by the same rules. The Golem doesn't play by the same rules. King Slime doesn't play by any rules, he even teleports to you now like Moon Lord. Queen Bee doesn't play by the same rules. Eater of Worlds doesn't play by the same rules. Brain of Cthulhu doesn't play by the same rules, though his are similiar to the EoW's. Lunatic Cultist doesn't play by the same rules.

What rules exactly are you talking about?

This really is sad... if you don't like the game, you can always ditch Terraria and start playing one where you'll spend another 200 bucks buying all of the DLCs they come up with. Please don't stay around and make it worse for everyone else who enjoys this and really appreciates Re-Logic for their continous work on the game.

Saying stuff like that, just because you don't actually try getting better and beating something legit is completely disrespectful towards the team who are killing themselves with work to bring updates and content for the community.
Honestly seeing all of this bashing sent in their direction really is sad... Find this offensive, but community would be a lot better without people who don't think rationally before they post and "insult" someone who is constantly updating the game and actually taking suggestions and implementing them...

Wall of Flesh doesn't play by the same rules. Plantera doesn't play by the same rules. Skeletron Prime doesn't play by the same rules. Duke Fishron doesn't play by the same rules. The Golem doesn't play by the same rules. King Slime doesn't play by any rules, he even teleports to you now like Moon Lord. Queen Bee doesn't play by the same rules. Eater of Worlds doesn't play by the same rules. Brain of Cthulhu doesn't play by the same rules, though his are similiar to the EoW's. Lunatic Cultist doesn't play by the same rules.

What rules exactly are you talking about?
You can also fight all those bosses without having to make a setup specifically designed to counter it (and then having that setup quashed under the guise of "hotfixes"). I didn't actually know about King Slime's teleporting, since I never let it get that far from me...

This really is sad... if you don't like the game, you can always ditch Terraria and start playing one where you'll spend another 200 bucks buying all of the DLCs they come up with. Please don't stay around and make it worse for everyone else who enjoys this and really appreciates Re-Logic for their continous work on the game.

Saying stuff like that, just because you don't actually try getting better and beating something legit is completely disrespectful towards the team who are killing themselves with work to bring updates and content for the community.
Honstly seeing all of this bashing sent in their direction really is sad... Find this offensive, but community would be a lot better without people who don't think rationally before they post and "insult" someone who is constantly updating the game and actually taking suggestions and implementing them...
yeah yeah blah blah there's that whole "get good: bullcrap again. Save it.

Great idea, let's stop working insane hours to release free updates!

Sorry for the incoming ramble. But. When it comes to me, if you are going to tell me you are working too much I will tell you that you should take a break on principal. But I have no control over what you do. I just don't understand the need to fix a bunch of random quirks in the game like the spikes and the lava *now* when it was always a thing. Why must the boss be immune to all quirks? You will work yourself to death trying to fix everything because more often than not fixes create more bugs. You know each update creates more bugs. Will you find them? Do you.. want to find them? Why?

I mean no disrespect but these are the kinds of things I wonder while laying in bed at night. I can understand fixing obvious exploits but changing the game's nature?

Why should we need to go play harder games? The devs intentionally want this boss to be tough. And they even created a whole new mode for us that want even more challenge. It isn't even about "honor" it's about abusing simple exploits. This isn't anything new, fireblocks were the old cheese and they were fixed in 1.2. I'm sure there was stuff in between and before that that were fixed as well.

They aren't desperate for wanting to fix exploits, nor do they enjoy people groaning about said fixes. It really annoys me when people accuse the devs of being some malevolent, sadistic force. They have been providing free updates for a little over four years now(correct me if I'm wrong) and the size of the game has grown exponentially...

So, you will delete Terraria if they patch your cheese, that you are advertising in a thread about patch notes... If you want to delete the game, just do it. Don't make up some excuse to do so.)

The final boss is usually the hardest. And often times is a disappointment when it's easy. Biggest examples I can think of are Fable 2 and Shadow of Mordor.

You clearly aren't reading my post carefully as I clearly said I WOULD HAVE said those stuffs if it weren't for that mod warning us not to be respectful. But on the topic of challenge, you can go play "I Wanna Be The Guy!" or impossible and and all the other "I wanna be the X" fangames if you want extreme challenge so badly.

And I do apologise for a bit of confusion. I was being sarcastic when I tell the devs to enjoy the groans.

Finally, I've discussed my secret boss approach (note: bosses in general, not just ML) with another user. He claimed that my so called semi cheese was not really a cheese as it still needs me to participate in the fighting of the boss itself, not just stand there and do nothing (I still refuse to disclose my method though publicly).

The only time I think an exploit should be fixed if it starts affecting another player's performance or give them unfair advantage over ANOTHER player. (like the infamous Archon Toilet in Starcraft II, a fix that even many protoss players applaused).

(edited: not sure how that happened... o.o)

Sorry for the incoming ramble. But. When it comes to me, if you are going to tell me you are working too much I will tell you that you should take a break on principal. But I have no control over what you do. I just don't understand the need to fix a bunch of random quirks in the game like the spikes and the lava *now* when it was always a thing. Why must the boss be immune to all quirks? You will work yourself to death trying to fix everything because more often than not fixes create more bugs. You know each update creates more bugs. Will you find them? Do you.. want to find them? Why?

I mean no disrespect but these are the kinds of things I wonder while laying in bed at night. I can understand fixing obvious exploits but changing the game's nature?
This is exactly what I have been saying, maybe just a little more harshly than I should have, for which I do apologize.

You can also fight all those bosses without having to make a setup specifically designed to counter it (and then having that setup quashed under the guise of "hotfixes"). I didn't actually know about King Slime's teleporting, since I never let it get that far from me...
Same goes for the Moon Lord. I Killed him with mage and ranger without arena (e.g. specifically designed). My meele needed an arena though. On expert ofc ^^

yeah yeah blah blah there's that whole "get good: bullcrap again. Save it.

Those setups didn't involve standing on a spike and holding leftclick. If they did, they did just get "squashed under the guise of "hotfixes""

And Slime King's teleporting is usually how he initiates now. Have you fought him since that update?

Stop disregarding people by reducing their argument to two words that carry a heavy negative connotation due to trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom