PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll quote you and ask about the accessories you used since you gave us an incomplete loadout the first time I asked. Please be accurate.
Oh sorry bro, Warding for every accessory, and the basics were Master Ninja Gear, Frostspark Boots, Charm of Myths, and Celestial Shell. Then, the last two slots were replaced with damage accessories. Ranger used Ranger's Emblem and Magic Quiver/Sniper Scope, Mage used Celestial Emblem and Sorcerer's Emblem, Warrior used Warrior's Emblem and Mechanical Glove/Yoyo Bag, and lastly Summoner used Papyrus Scarab and Pygmy Necklace.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437478322,1437478269][/DOUBLEPOST]
Oh hey summoners finally had boss killing power? Lets just take that away from you
The Stardust Dragon still kills really quickly, didn't really notice a difference.

No matter what he used, it wouldn't be unbelievable.

I had to repetitively beat Moon Lord in testing and I made sure to use as weak, barebones loadouts as possible to make sure it was possible without minmaxing. It is, just not very easy.

Basic and barebones means, steampunk wings, spectre boots, damage emblem, charm of myths, and another usually class-specific equip (talking Mana Cuffs, Fire Gauntlet, Parypus Scarab...)

Arena was a small wood box starter house with a campfire and heart lantern hanging off, to run into during his laser.

This was normal mode, though. I didn't extensively test Expert because I was focused on main game class balance. Point is, it's possible to win in basic pre ML accessories and armor, it shouldn't be needed proven in a trial by fire.

Edit:

Oh hey summoners finally had boss killing power? Lets just take that away from you

Stardust dragon was buffed. it's better. I'm sick of saying this.

Even if it WASN'T, cells were still the better boss killer in 1.3.0.5 anyway so summoners didn't lose a damn thing.

Then I could say that I didn't ever use any "cheese" method to beaat any boss or event in the entire game, and got to 20th wave of frost moon, only skill and luck, no "Houdini" or damage immunity methods.
Oh my, please tell me what else you did.
BTW, I think you're rude.
Go away. If this debuff could stay when one is slain, then Nurse could be useless.
Strong words from a 16yo who started his sentence with "go away". Now please, let the grownups talk.

Oh sorry bro, Warding for every accessory, and the basics were Master Ninja Gear, Frostspark Boots, Charm of Myths, and Celestial Shell. Then, the last two slots were replaced with damage accessories. Ranger used Ranger's Emblem and Magic Quiver/Sniper Scope, Mage used Celestial Emblem and Sorcerer's Emblem, Warrior used Warrior's Emblem and Mechanical Glove/Yoyo Bag, and lastly Summoner used Papyrus Scarab and Pygmy Necklace.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437478322,1437478269][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Stardust Dragon still kills really quickly, didn't really notice a difference.

Nice, thanks for the quick reply! I'm sure this will help some of us figure out how to beat ML on at least 1 and perhaps all 4 of the classes. Using a yoyo just seems a bit silly to defeat the end-game boss but if some have luck with it, then why not try?

Nice, thanks for the quick reply! I'm sure this will help some of us figure out how to beat ML on at least 1 and perhaps all 4 of the classes. Using a yoyo just seems a bit silly to defeat the end-game boss but if some have luck with it, then why not try?
I only used it to more easily get to the eye on the head because I didn't want to use Solar Eruption.

Go away. If this debuff could stay when one is slain, then Nurse could be useless. Terraria is pretty simple game (arguably), but certainly not easy for someone new to it.
Ok ok why the hell are you being hostile for a person who was simply giving a suggestion which was actually note worthy, considering how the nurse is still the cheesiest thing in the game? Of course its not easy for someone new to it. We're talking endgame here. Where up to this date all you needed to do to win battles was go to nurse and heal a million times. No skill needed.

That Stitches debuff would actually implement a more skill based type of play and remove more cheesyness which the game is already filled to the brim with. Not to say its still just basicly a potion debuff but for nurse, so you will still have 2 cooldowns periodicly stopping letting you heal once from potion, once from nurse, once from potion, etc.

• The final boss' attacks now use their own cooldown for immunity due to how naughty some of our players have been. ;)

Uh, no offense guys, but maybe people wouldn't need to exploit your boss if the potion-cooldown system weren't intrinsically awful?

There seems to be a really weird power-creep in the game, where everyone is expected to use the best thing available as soon as its available, or one specific strategy predetermined by the devs. There's no point in carrying healing potions at all, really, when if you're dying fast enough to have to use one, you're going to die within the 60 second cooldown time. What's that? You weren't using an Endurance and Lifeforce potion? Well why the heck not?

I mean, a friend and I beat Expert recently, and it wasn't remotely fun. She never wants to play Terraria again. We had to beat the moonlord through force of will, because it dealt 300 damage a hit.

Maybe... backpedal a little, and re-evaluate the players you're balancing the game around? Because "exploiters" shouldn't encompass the playerbase, but should be a viable and creative way to beat something.

I mean, it really isn't an exploit, if the mechanics permitted it before.

you're going to die within the 60 second cooldown time. What's that? You weren't using an Endurance and Lifeforce potion? Well why the heck not?

Because its the final boss. You need preparation, you need an arena, you need to craft potions, you need PREPARATION. And if you thought that you could go bolting into Terraria without preemptive thinking, than you arent ready for moonlord or expert mode.

Its also really amusing that your friend doesnt wanna play terraria againt because expert mode scarred her that much. Heh.

That Stitches debuff would actually implement a more skill based type of play and remove more cheesyness which the game is already filled to the brim with.
Thank you!
Not to say its still just basicly a potion debuff but for nurse, so you will still have 2 cooldowns periodicly stopping letting you heal once from potion, once from nurse, once from potion, etc.
True, but it's all that's needed. You don't want to strip the player from the ability to heal, just from the ability to abuse it. Nurse basically presents unlimited mid-fight instant heals without any cooldowns or limitations. Why there's no cooldown for her services is beyond me.

Thank you!

True, but it's all that's needed. You don't want to strip the player from the ability to heal, just from the ability to abuse it.
Yeah thats basicly it, i just used that as an example on how you could still heal a great ammount of times even with a nurse cooldown, in case he still thought it was ridiculous.

Loving the hiding of the moon charm and such, but Moon Lord buff = OH GOD WHY?! You already made him teleport WITH you when you try to go heal at your nurse! D: (I figured out a way around that c: Just gotta be REALLY quick XD I never get off my UFO and just fly out my gate doors as fast as possible after healing. He's a LOT tougher now, and I kinda like it. In a masochistic kinda way.)

Loving the hiding of the moon charm and such, but Moon Lord buff = OH GOD WHY?! You already made him teleport WITH you when you try to go heal at your nurse! D: (I figured out a way around that c: Just gotta be REALLY quick XD I never get off my UFO and just fly out my gate doors as fast as possible after healing. He's a LOT tougher now, and I kinda like it. In a masochistic kinda way.)
To remove the fact that you could make him your puppet by just making weak crabs attack you instead of him. Its the final boss really, as the devs see it you really shouldnt be able to just stand getting pinched by crabs and have moon lord unable to touch you.

re-evaluate the players you're balancing the game around?

Experts, you mean? I mean... you said it was expert mode. Experts are generally those players who make all the crazy youtube videos completely humiliating the game and the forum posters sharing fool proof guides and strategies for every phase of the game. I think Expert Mode was made for them.

Not to say that your post doesn't have points to it, but generally playing on the hard mode that boasts "FAR greater difficulty" on the cover of it and not being willing to know what you're getting into inside and out wasn't the greatest of ideas in hindsight. Expert was made for the player who has beaten the game front to back before at least once, and are wanting the game to step up and challenge the player who knows everything. How it does this is open to critique, but Expert Mode as a whole is balanced around players who undeniably know every single thing they are doing. Eye of Cthulhu should have made that pretty clear long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom