PC Terraria 1.3.0.6 is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Vinzar, vanity slots being able to be "used" as extra storage is a sort of side effect of the vanity slot accessory system. They aren't designed to be free storage space without drawbacks. Using them to that extent is fine, but the price of that is that everything in them is displayed as vanity. I do not believe a "disable vanity visibility" feature will be added, because you can always just take it out of the slot.

Yeah, I'm turning into a merfolk, too. By the way, it's day now and I'm still a werewolf. Now that's a bug...

Sounds more like a feature ;) Wolf-folk for everyone!

Edit: in case you didn't see my response to the other person.

This was added in this patch.

You can now hide the Moon Charm and Neptune Shell's effects...or put them in vanity!

That isn't to say that wolf during day is intended, though I don't really see it as a problem to be fixed. I kind of like it actually :D

The only real answer is to wait and see how the boss changes, if any more changes are made at all. There are still ways to avoid his damage that are less than skillful -- but that's fine. You're not using a game mechanic that is clearly meant as a danger to keep you safe.

Again, he's the last Boss. The staple of the game's completion.

Or do you want the programmers to go in and double damage every entity?

HE'S THE LAST BAWSE. And people will always find a way to bug the game in some way to beat him even if it's not directly in the fight.
What does double damaging everything have to do with this?

Yeah, I'm turning into a merfolk, too. By the way, it's day now and I'm still a werewolf. Now that's a bug...
Nay, Yorai changed it to be where vanity slot for the moon charm~ shows the werewolf constantly, but turning off vanity and having it in the equipment slot will keep you non-were-wolf at night (but give the stat increases.)

HE'S THE LAST BAWSE. And people will always find a way to bug the game in some way to beat him even if it's not directly in the fight.
What does double damaging everything have to do with this?
Ah, that condescending attitude. Say it how you like, that's how it is.

They will find ways, and they will be fixed if needed. Simple.

If you honestly cannot think of a way beyond spikes, you're doing this entire game wrong.

Double damage -- the boss having his own cooldowns. Would you like that for every entity?

Wall of Flesh doesn't play by the same rules. Plantera doesn't play by the same rules. Skeletron Prime doesn't play by the same rules. Duke Fishron doesn't play by the same rules. The Golem doesn't play by the same rules. King Slime doesn't play by any rules, he even teleports to you now like Moon Lord. Queen Bee doesn't play by the same rules. Eater of Worlds doesn't play by the same rules. Brain of Cthulhu doesn't play by the same rules, though his are similiar to the EoW's. Lunatic Cultist doesn't play by the same rules.

What rules exactly are you talking about?

I think what he means is that the game's mechanics don't get changed to cater to those bosses. They gain new abilities but an existing item or mechanic didn't get changed. I'm fine with the Moon Lord having his own timer. That's like getting a new ability. Much like how the Golem gained the new ability to attack through blocks or the Slime King teleporting. Honestly, the only real rule changing for Moon Lord is that spikes were altered specifically because of him. It's just that we've had several patches where he gets these... well, not rule changes... but I guess you could say he gets these "rule exceptions" and buffs in general (and a nerf too, to be fair). So these get compounded into the perception that he's a teacher's pet.

Cross necklace is a hardmode accessory. You should be able to handle yourself by the time you get it and return to the dungeon. If not, mine out the spikes or place blocks over them.

I'm able to handle myself now. I've got the gear and the mobility. I just happen to remember when I started playing this game however long ago and I first entered the Dungeon. It was tough and perhaps a tad frustrating at first. As I got more experienced and got better gear, it got easier. And I remember that the I-frame accessory helped quite a bit in those early days. I think the balance there was right. Since the spikes are no longer an issue insofar as the Moon Lord is concerned, I just wanna give the feedback that this change be reverted.

Here's the thing, I'm not trying to say "Wah, I want my expert mode to be easy!" or "The Devs are bullying me!". I'm not trying to be contradictory to those who support the changes. It doesn't matter to me personally because I've basically got all the items I want anyway (Except the Cultist treasure bag because it didn't spawn for me for some reason, even after beating him several times. But hey, already got the mask and I really don't wanna trigger the expert Pillars again. I can live without the bag). I spend most of my time building because the new snapshot feature is fan-freaking-tastic.

I'm just giving feedback/constructive criticism, and hope that they aren't construed as personal attacks whereby the only response is "git gud".

Why use your vanity slots as storage when we have the money trough?
[DOUBLEPOST=1437494010,1437493687][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ah, that condescending attitude. Say it how you like, that's how it is.

They will find ways, and they will be fixed if needed. Simple.

If you honestly cannot think of a way beyond spikes, you're doing this entire game wrong.

Double damage -- the boss having his own cooldowns. Would you like that for every entity?

That's the thing. I don't need to use tricks to fight the last boss. And I have everything save for the guardian and the summoner armor. But I figure if people are smart enough to use elements of the game that are outside the box, well, I think they should be able to use those things.

Edit: Pretty sure there was a post between these two posts.

Last edited:
Swap gear for different setups maybe. I use my armor vanity for a swap gear and the the other vanities for the corresponding gear. And the greedy ring. Only my wings have wings for vanity purose over them.

@Vinzar, vanity slots being able to be "used" as extra storage is a sort of side effect of the vanity slot accessory system. They aren't designed to be free storage space without drawbacks. Using them to that extent is fine, but the price of that is that everything in them is displayed as vanity. I do not believe a "disable vanity visibility" feature will be added, because you can always just take it out of the slot.
To me, disabling 1 slot in your inventory/safe/piggy just to look nicer sounds like unneeded inconvenience.

I think what he means is that the game's mechanics don't get changed to cater to those bosses. They gain new abilities but an existing item or mechanic didn't get changed. I'm fine with the Moon Lord having his own timer. That's like getting a new ability. Much like how the Golem gained the new ability to attack through blocks or the Slime King teleporting. Honestly, the only real rule changing for Moon Lord is that spikes were altered specifically because of him. It's just that we've had several patches where he gets these... well, not rule changes... but I guess you could say he gets these "rule exceptions" and buffs in general (and a nerf too, to be fair). So these get compounded into the perception that he's a teacher's pet.

I'm able to handle myself now. I've got the gear and the mobility. I just happen to remember when I started playing this game however long ago and I first entered the Dungeon. It was tough and perhaps a tad frustrating at first. As I got more experienced and got better gear, it got easier. And I remember that the I-frame accessory helped quite a bit in those early days. I think the balance there was right. Since the spikes are no longer an issue insofar as the Moon Lord is concerned, I just wanna give the feedback that this change be reverted.

Here's the thing, I'm not trying to say "Wah, I want my expert mode to be easy!" or "The Devs are bullying me!". I'm not trying to be contradictory to those who support the changes. It doesn't matter to me personally because I've basically got all the items I want anyway (Except the Cultist treasure bag because it didn't spawn for me for some reason, even after beating him several times. But hey, already got the mask and I really don't wanna trigger the expert Pillars again. I can live without the bag). I spend most of my time building because the new snapshot feature is fan-freaking-tastic.

I'm just giving feedback/constructive criticism, and hope that they aren't construed as personal attacks whereby the only response is "git gud".

Game mechanics have been changed in the past though. Meteorite and Hellstone were the old spikes. Spikes weren't seen as a problem due to their higher damage, but now with higher defense they have become one. He isn't the only boss to go through various buffs/nerfs. Destroyer is back stronger than ever.

If they reverted the change, then people would continue to use them on other bosses/events. This is not intended, as implied by previous patches and stated in this thread. Spikes just had a lower priority due to bigger matters and their higher damage.

As for the bag, do you mean literally the bag itself? As in you are collecting them? (Not questioning why you would want to collect the bags, I intend to do the same :D just checking) Or do you mean a Lunatic Cultist expert item? Because there isn't one. (yet, hopefully ;) after the devs take their well deserved, and needed, break of course)

The cross necklace is hardmode, so it wouldn't have helped you pre-hardmode unless you brought one in. Do you mean reentering the hardmode dungeon? I've usually covered up/mined out the more troublesome spikes by then. (Looking at you hallway long spikes across the floor of a 4 high hallway)
[DOUBLEPOST=1437494210,1437494132][/DOUBLEPOST]
To me, disabling 1 slot in your inventory/safe/piggy just to look nicer sounds like unneeded inconvenience.

On the contrary, disabling a vanity slot is an unneeded convenience. And contrary to the slots purpose ;)

[DOUBLEPOST=1437494010,1437493687][/DOUBLEPOST]

That's the thing. I don't need to use tricks to fight the last boss. And I have everything save for the guardian and the summoner armor. But I figure if people are smart enough to use elements of the game that are outside the box, well, I think they should be able to use those things.
And I agree with that, which is why I personally don't run to the devs and push that they change things when I find them*. But when they do, I have to understand that they had an intention with it, and usually have something they want to branch off to, also.

*I'm not poking at anyone with this, I'm seriously only talking for myself.

On the contrary, disabling a vanity slot is an unneeded convenience. And contrary to the slots purpose ;)
Their purpose... So, I'm the only one who uses these slots for secondary accesories instead of pure vanity...
Whatever. It's not like I thought anyone is gonna agree with me. Baka.

Their purpose... So, I'm the only one who uses these slots for secondary accesories instead of pure vanity...

I use the vanity slots for secondary accessories as well, ergo I use them for a purpose that is not their original purpose. The problem with adding visibility to vanity slots is that it completely contradicts the original purpose, so at that point it's not worth doing it for any alternative purposes anymore.

I think the devs secretly worship Cthulhu and want to buff him until he reaches entire world domination. Seriously though- great job on the update dev team!
(lulz my spellcheck wanted to call the "devs" "devils" XD)

..Did you just use the word baka?

You can use the money trough to access your piggy bank. Use the piggy bank to hold extra items. More than coins can go in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom