Story The Lamentation of the Moon Lord

What should I write next?

• Somthing NOT Terraria based (Probably not on these forums)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*boos because I want to win*
Ok, jokes aside, I look forward to reading it!
Guess I'm not entering the writing section...
Enter anyway. You get a title for participation `:p Plus, you never know~

U gonna work on publishing it yet? ~;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1443369407,1443369359][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and good luck~:happy:
Thanks for the luck! Also, no working on it yet. I sadly have more pressing matters, and reworking it for publishing would take months.

Lamentation of the Moon Lord: Special Halloween chapter
The Moon Lord sat up with a groan. A month or two had passed since the cursed Immortal had bested him in battle, and not merely once. The Moon Lord had lost count of the amount of times that the Pillars had been awoken, leaving him waiting for his fate, reigned.

The last week had been peaceful, though. The Immortal had seemingly grown tired of the merciless slaughter, and was instead building upon the vast Village, expanding the observatory above it, and the mining shaft below. The rows of Golden Chests glimmered in the evening sun, each filled to the brim with the spoils of the Immortal's one sided war with his entire land.

A sigh escaped the Moon Lord's mighty throat. It did not do him well to reminisce the storm that had been the Immortal's arrival. Instead, he saw a commotion in the Village, so he went to take a look at what the fuss was about.

And then he saw it. The Pumpkins had spread across the land, for it had reached the season in which they flourished. And for many a year now, from a time before all this conflict, the peoples of the land had built... Superstitions. Ones that oddly proved true, at times.

The Villagers were preparing costumes, so they could take on each others appearance. Even the Zombies in the ground donned whatever they could find, driven by centuries old tradition. The Slimes were given masks to look like Bunnies, and the King of All Slimes bestowed the Bunnies with jiggling green suits, as so they could impersonate Slimes in turn. The entire populace was abuzz with joy in a chaotic swirl, all to confuse those that would come next.

For at this time of year, the energies of the harvest moon drew the Ravens, lured by the sweet smell of Pumpkin. And it also drew the spirits of those long since passed, filled with a glimmer of life fanned by the raw pulse of nature.

The spirits looked upon this confusion, and retreated back into the ground, startled by the bizarre antics of the living. The Ravens pecked at the pumpkin, content with their delicious vegetable. And the world was happy.

The Immortal was not.

They set out, a predatory grin across their face as they drew forth the SDMG. Oh, how the Moon Lord regretted making such a thing, for it to fall in the hands of a monster... The nose of the aquatic armament pointed toward a group of zombies, and the trigger was pulled.

It never stopped. Bullets flew for days on end, as the Immortal hunted down the festively garbed Zombies. On occasion they dropped a spare outfit, eggs that had long since gone bad, or long lost works of art. The Immortal claimed them all, and laughed manically as their hunt continued, proving rather fruitful.

The Moon Lord watched on, feeling empty inside. A time that once brought people together, was now having them ripped to tiny scraps. And there was nothing he could do, except watch.

Because no one will be asking for the next update.
Once you finish your story, everyone will just leave after congratulating you.

Right?
I assume they would. People did that for Lamentation after all, it was technically already over.

As for why I reposted... Still no correct guesses.

Pretty sure Derunih reposted the Halloween because he updated his contest entry ( Which was the Halloween special originally ) to his new and improved entry. You all probably wanna go read that.

Back
Top Bottom