tModLoader The Gyrolite Mod

Should I continue with the development of this mod?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
perhaps the probes could drop a probe lens from time to time that could have several uses, including making the yo-yo, and perhaps towards the optic staff aswell since it would make sense, maybe a few other items to make other items, and maybe also to mae a pet item too?

Going off this...

How about and item that lets you scout? You lose control of your person and can still die, but while active, let's you fly around as a prob.

Going off this...

How about and item that lets you scout? You lose control of your person and can still die, but while active, let's you fly around as a prob.

I like this idea a lot. You could be in your house safe and use this item to scout out underground or etc

How about some Support-specific items?

Such as:

Healing Wand which raises Life regen a lot but constantly drains Mana while in use. Useful for reserving potions for dangerous situations and avoiding the potion sickness debuff.

Gem Wands that could possibly summon large gems or spirits which iradiate a buff or debuff within its area of effect similar to how campfire and similar items work.

Etc...

Another thing i wish to see someday is the weaponization of fishing rods. Just add an accesory that makes it deal contact damage to monsters with the damage based on current fishing power. Maybe another accesory to gain free control over the lure to make fishing rods pseudo-yoyos?

the blue serpent give a ''bit'' crazy idea.
an item drop by a boss (Expert mode perhaps)that can turn you in a dragon or something and perform an dash piercing attack with some time to you be able to attack again (with any weapon include the item itself)
maybe you can do it by copy the effect of the shield of shield of cthulhu and adding a effect to be in front of the player ( a reverse knockback to pull enemies hit behind you for some safe during the period of recharge)
i know its crazy but it looks cool in my head and i just need to tell . :)

How about some Support-specific items?

Such as:

Healing Wand which raises Life regen a lot but constantly drains Mana while in use. Useful for reserving potions for dangerous situations and avoiding the potion sickness debuff.

Gem Wands that could possibly summon large gems or spirits which iradiate a buff or debuff within its area of effect similar to how campfire and similar items work.

Etc...

Another thing i wish to see someday is the weaponization of fishing rods. Just add an accesory that makes it deal contact damage to monsters with the damage based on current fishing power. Maybe another accesory to gain free control over the lure to make fishing rods pseudo-yoyos?
As far as I know, I think that that is possible to implement, and a very good idea, especially since we're adding more things to do with gems;)

the blue serpent give a ''bit'' crazy idea.
an item drop by a boss (Expert mode perhaps)that can turn you in a dragon or something and perform an dash piercing attack with some time to you be able to attack again (with any weapon include the item itself)
maybe you can do it by copy the effect of the shield of shield of cthulhu and adding a effect to be in front of the player ( a reverse knockback to pull enemies hit behind you for some safe during the period of recharge)
i know its crazy but it looks cool in my head and i just need to tell . :)

This comment reminded me of something i once thought of... How viable would it be to create a Brawler or Martial Arts based class?

There are various ways to go about it, but the simplest would be 2 types of items.

The first would be a variety of simple fighting moves ranging from punch to kick to headbutt. These items would have different animations depending on the movement of the character: punch (while still), dash punch (when moving), uppercut punch (jumping or flying upwards), smash punch (falling), etc. These animations can be aesthetic or better yet affect the hit box of the item.

The second could be either accesories or pieces of armor symbolizing various fighting styles. While equipped, the previous items will receive a wide variety of changes depending on the armor/accesory. As an example, wearing the Uniform of the Firefist clan will increase the power of punches, add an on fire debuff to every attack as well as change the animation slightly.

Different styles ergo a variety of changes. Prehardmode styles might limit one to only one attack type such as the firefist while hardmode and onwards may allow the usage of several attack types.

This basically allows one to play terraria as if it were a common fighting game which would be interesting... albeit difficult to program...

Last edited:
As far as I know, I think that that is possible to implement, and a very good idea, especially since we're adding more things to do with gems;)
This comment reminded me of something i once thought of... How viable would it be to create a Brawler or Martial Arts based class?

There are various ways to go about it, but the simplest would be 2 types of items.

The first would be a variety of simple fighting moves ranging from punch to kick to headbutt. These items would have different animations depending on the movement of the character: punch (while still), dash punch (when moving), uppercut punch (jumping or flying upwards), smash punch (falling), etc. These animations can be aesthetic or better yet affect the hit box of the item.

The second could be either accesories or pieces of armor symbolizing various fighting styles. While equipped, the previous items will receive a wide variety of changes depending on the armor/accesory. As an example, wearing the Uniform of the Firefist clan will increase the power of punches, add an on fire debuff to every attack as well as change the animation slightly.

Different styles ergo a variety of changes. Prehardmode styles might limit one to only one attack type such as the firefist while hardmode and onwards may allow the usage of several attack types.

This basically allows one to play terraria as if it were a common fighting game which would be interesting... albeit difficult to program...
i already see a mood in terraria 1.1 i think
it is sword that drop on skeletron and has a lot of move option (like attack , spin attack , down to up slash)
it is cool but i do not remember his name.
if we can find it and see how the codes are made then transform it in a tmodloader code it will be possible.
Soulkeeper you accept that idea?

For now, we're just going to stick with adding in the alchemist class, because remember. With every new class means an entire new set of armors, weapons and so on for pre-hardmode, and hardmode. If this alchemist class turns out alright, then we may have a poll for new classes. ^w^

How about a new potion that negates status ailments for like 2 minutes.

Ailments include:
Poison
Bleed
Broken Armor
Silence

etc.

It'd be nice if we can get something like this since the Ahnk shield is hard as balls to obtain.

I would have more suggestions but I think I'm fresh out by this point.

Thats a very interesting idea actually, may add something like that to the alchemist class, since it's a form of supporter. Will be able to be used through entire playthroughs. x3

Are you going to add any ranged weapons? Ranged is the class I play the absolute most and have the most fun with in Terraria, and it's disheartening to just see some stock bows in the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom