Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

But on accessory or weapon?
[doublepost=1459440020,1459439623][/doublepost]Also, what is the difference between useTime and useAnimation?
You would do this on your weapon...?

The difference between useTime and useAnimation... useTime is the time it takes for the item to be re-used internally, where useAnimation is the time it takes for the player to re-use the item.

A good example I've given a few times: The Clockwork Rifle in Terraria fires 3 shots with one use, correct? This is because useAnimation is set to 12 and useTime is set to 4, which means that before the item can be used again by the player, it fires 3 times (12 / 4 = 3).

You would do this on your weapon...?

The difference between useTime and useAnimation... useTime is the time it takes for the item to be re-used internally, where useAnimation is the time it takes for the player to re-use the item.

A good example I've given a few times: The Clockwork Rifle in Terraria fires 3 shots with one use, correct? This is because useAnimation is set to 12 and useTime is set to 4, which means that before the item can be used again by the player, it fires 3 times (12 / 4 = 3).
Oh, alright. Now I understand. Also, I would like the chance to not consume ammo to be in armor set bonus.

Oh, alright. Now I understand. Also, I would like the chance to not consume ammo to be in armor set bonus.
Then you've got three options:
1. Code the whole thing yourself. Create a boolean in your ModPlayer class, set it to true in your armor update and then check if that boolean is true in the ConsumeAmmo function of a GlobalItem to determine whether or not the throwing item should be consumed.
2. player.thrownCost33 = true; will result in a 33% chance not to consume your throwing weapon.
3. player.thrownCost50 = true; will result in a 50% chance not to consume your throwing weapon.

Then you've got three options:
1. Code the whole thing yourself. Create a boolean in your ModPlayer class, set it to true in your armor update and then check if that boolean is true in the ConsumeAmmo function of a GlobalItem to determine whether or not the throwing item should be consumed.
2. player.thrownCost33 = true; will result in a 33% chance not to consume your throwing weapon.
3. player.thrownCost50 = true; will result in a 50% chance not to consume your throwing weapon.
Thank you!

I have another question. It seems that player.moveSpeed has a limit, I wrote player.moveSpeed += 50f and it does the same as 25f. How can I increase movement speed even more?

I have another question. It seems that player.moveSpeed has a limit, I wrote player.moveSpeed += 50f and it does the same as 25f. How can I increase movement speed even more?
... Why would you increase moveSpeed by that much? That would probably make it so you're on the other side of the world within 1 second...?

I know that this isn't the right place for it.. but someone can help me with HOW to host a modded server? the vanilla dedicated server app (from the terraria official website) does not recognize the right folder (where the tmodloader worlds are), just the folder from my vanilla worlds.

oh I'm going with Hamachi.. (it's just for me and another friend)

what to do? I want to play some mods with ma buddy :/

Hello. I am looking to lower the spawn rate of OH GOD NOT ANOTHER VOLCANO! THATS THE TWENTIETH TIME THIS MINUTE! sorry, as i was saying id like to lower the spawn rate of volcano event, but i dont know how or when or where.

EDIT: If you can also do this for me, care to take the time and tell me how to make a gun shoot more than 1 projectile at a time?

EDIT2: found the event but dont know how to delay it

Last edited:
Hmm. Whenever I download, I do not get a folder. I just get a zipped file to extract, and upon extracting it, I naturally get a few things, but no content folder/anything I can place into /steam.

When I launch the game and play my character and whenever i go to a medium sized world it crashes my game.

Back
Top Bottom