tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I meant is it intentional for him to spawn both ores or set it to just one per world, like when you smash demon/crimson altars.

So, im having a graphical glitch that makes almost all items have white backgrounds and stripes on their textures, does anyone know how to fix it?

The Borean Strider's AI goes haywire if there's a ceiling above me. It zooms off into the sky at superspeed, and puts any Events on pause. It then comes back after like 5 seconds or so, and jitters around the edge of the screen interminably, making for easy pickings with any ranged weapon. Platforms seem to confuse it as well. If I get above it, it keeps shooting downwards.

Also, not sure if it's just RNG or what, but after something like 20 kills I haven't seen the trophy it's supposed to drop. Is the chance lower than the standard 10%?

edit: Lich's Wither Staff reforge cost is very low, as is the secret accessory's; Death Grip and Soul Cleaver can't be reforged. Don't have the other items yet.

Last edited:

You were correct, though I almost died once. Even with rapid healing the cog lord still saws through your HP.
Wow! You actually did it!
Even then, it was WAY closer than I thought it would be. This weapon that's supposed to be the most insanely imbalanced thing ever still almost failed.

maybe bags of potential could be a drop from the thorium bosses, like the grand thunder bird and the queen jellyfish instead of dropping from normal mobs, because if I used all the bags of potential I got I would have well over a full stack of thorium by now.

also, some thoughts on terrarium items:

first, awesome job making it craftable.:)

the terrarium sword projectile can go through blocks, I understand that's intentional but do you think the range could be lowered somewhat? it's annoying having it weird up your minimap and break pots you didn't even know were there. maybe it could have the range lowered but the damage/critical strike chance increased to balance it out.

the terrarium hyper discs are too big, if I'm standing next to a block(even if it's BEHIND me) I can't throw them, and I also think they should bounce like the light discs.
terrarium items should give enemies the debuffs longer, maybe for a minimum of 10 seconds. alternatively they could give a new debuff called "Terrarium's Bane" which would lower defense by 20 and deal 20 damage per second(and last 10 seconds at least), because the debuffs aren't really that good IMO.

you should be able to craft terrarium items back down into less terrarium than was used to craft them, so if you craft the hyper discs they could be crafted back down into 4 terrarium or so, because I accidentally crafted 2 hyper discs instead of the cores.

the terrarium pulse rifle should have a chance to not consume ammo.

terrarium(and other) wings should have horizontal speed bonuses so you don't move like a snail.

water walking boots should be able to be crafted or bought from the diver.

could you make the frozen turtle shell craftable? because it's stupidly hard to get it.

the holy aegis is unequipable.

You were correct, though I almost died once. Even with rapid healing the cog lord still saws through your HP.
try the daggers of the bloodlord from pumpking's mod. you will annihilate the cog lord. also, what armor/accessories were you using?

Last edited:

Wow. I can't figure out how I managed to kill the dude 5 times with pre-moonlord gear and a Shroomite minigun. I honestly think his touch damage does less then the lasers he fires as when I fought him getting stuck in his head roll seemed to let me win the fight.

try the daggers of the bloodlord from pumpking's mod. you will annihilate the cog lord. also, what armor/accessories were you using?

Solar Armor (because I don't have the materials for vortex yet)
Ranger Lv 11 (Ersion)
Powered Charm (Ersion)
Depleted Uranium Shield (My mod)
Flesh Wings (Tremor)
Atomic Boots (QualityOfLife)
Celestial Shell (vanilla)
Life Necklace (Ersion)

I'll give the daggers a try if pumpking's mod is updated for 0.8

My RNG is mean..

Solar eclipse while I was afk waiting for day and then it happens.
Got murdered but got to hold back the monsters..
Then while waiting for day again...
ANOTHER Solar Eclipse starts.
My life's awesome..

Just defeated WoF with 35 HP left, feels good.
Also, what should i do for early-hardmode?!
P/s: Prime, first night in hardmode, with Wizard hat and Robe combo, oh hohoho, that would be hell of a challenge.
gwEzYIA.png

I got the skull from Harpies.

P/s: Prime, first night in hardmode, with Wizard hat and Robe combo, oh hohoho, that would be hell of a challenge.
gwEzYIA.png

As you're a mage (from what I see your hotbar with magic weps..) I'd go to the Hallow, set up a lava farm and gather mats for the White Knight set.
EDIT: Total mats for set.
126 pixie dust
42 unicorn horns
42 souls of light.
Makes 42 Hallowed Charms, just enough for the full armor.

White Knight set, can you give me more details?! I'm grinding for the Poison Staff.
White Knight Armor
White Knight Mask - 10 Hallowed Charm @ Mythril Anvil
- 3% increased magic damage & 5% increased magic critical strike chance
White Knight Tabard - 18 Hallowed Charm @ Mythril Anvil
- 4% increased magic damage & 6% increased magic critical strike chance
White Knight Leggings - 14 Hallowed Charm @ Mythril Anvil
- 3% increased magic damage & 6% increased movement speed
Set Bonus - Magic damage has a chance to replenish some mana
Total materials required are in my last post.

White Knight Armor
White Knight Mask - 10 Hallowed Charm @ Mythril Anvil
- 3% increased magic damage & 5% increased magic critical strike chance
White Knight Tabard - 18 Hallowed Charm @ Mythril Anvil
- 4% increased magic damage & 6% increased magic critical strike chance
White Knight Leggings - 14 Hallowed Charm @ Mythril Anvil
- 3% increased magic damage & 6% increased movement speed
Set Bonus - Magic damage has a chance to replenish some mana
Total materials required are in my last post.
Nice :D Meteorite Staff gonna make a quick work of Destroyer.

gwEzYIA.png

Kill some wyverns and get souls of flight. If you go to an ice biome while it's raining and get an ice feather from an ice golem (a pretty tough enemy), it makes great wings.
Fallen Beholder can be killed pretty easily with adamantite/titanium armor or better.
Adamantite staff (from Thorium, the one from Tremor is awful) is super OP. Get that.
Can't get an adamantite staff? Fish in the hallow for a Crystal Serpent.
Block off your new stripes of corruption/crimson and hallow so they don't take over the world.
Got unused crates? Open them.
Need more ores even after that? Maybe smash some altars, but I wouldn't recommend it.
If you're in expert mode, you can use the mount dropped by the Fallen Beholder to kill the Twins easily.
Twins' Ire is really good. Get one of those after you kill the Twins.
Buy some vertebrae from the confused zombie if you're in a corruption world (or just farm them in a crimson world) and fight the Motherboard. Super easy. You will need to go back for the destroyer, however, for the souls of might for the Soul Forge.
Hope this helped :)

That's really helped me a lot..
.. if i didn't know most of them
but the Fallen Beholder part is very useful, now i know that i can't defeat it with my trusty Wizard hat-Robe combo :[
Kill some wyverns and get souls of flight. If you go to an ice biome while it's raining and get an ice feather from an ice golem (a pretty tough enemy), it makes great wings.
Fallen Beholder can be killed pretty easily with adamantite/titanium armor or better.
Adamantite staff is super OP. Get that.
Can't get an adamantite staff? Fish in the hallow for a Crystal Serpent.
Block off your new stripes of corruption/crimson and hallow so they don't take over the world.
Got unused crates? Open them.
Need more ores even after that? Maybe smash some altars, but I wouldn't recommend it.
If you're in expert mode, you can use the mount dropped by the Fallen Beholder to kill the Twins easily.
Twins' Ire is really good. Get one of those after you kill the Twins.
Hope this helped :)

Back
Top Bottom