tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Does a loooot more damage though. You have a point though, I'll have to think of some ideas.
I dunno, when I was figiting around out of Expert, all I needed was Lifebloom to carry me through all of the bosses up to Stardust, and that was before I got the added banners and all that fun stuff. Sure, I got more summons (IIRC I was using UFOs up to the Stardust Dragon) but hey, it worked. Could always add another if ya want though, nothing stopping ya :3

the terrarium armor set seems very op since its only post-plantera. i fought the ragnarok on expert with all the different sets and the terrarium armor were the second easiest to defeat them with (not meaning the battle is easy). the best armor set were the melee armor and the worst were the ranger-bow armor since all the attacks pierced. that is just some feedback on how i feel. its an amazing mod keep with frequent updates. keep up the good work sam.

Hai, I'm new to the thorium mod. I am currently going in with a summoner class (Tremor and Thorium) And from pre hardmode its already pretty OP, but how do i get the soul stone?

Yay! thank you! I'm about to fight Wall of flesh, got any tips? (i know about instant spiders)
My personal run with expert WoF was to use imps combined with Bee armor. I also farmed a Necromancer's Soul, Phylactory, Minotaur skull, Worm Scarf and Frostspark Boots (Lightning works too) then I farmed up a bunch of summoning potions and had a summon altar. Make sure you get a looooooooong open area in hell (I used stone for the spreading of corruption/crimson and Hallow for farming souls later) then basically popped swiftness, regen, and ironskin. Mana Regen helps too so you can summon your imp to keep shooting at him.

Once you defeat him farm for bones and living fire so you can make yourself a new minion which will make things INFIINITELY easier. Beholder is good if you're in expert (those guys are nice against destroyer) so kill him after getting your new minion and spider armor.

My personal run with expert WoF was to use imps combined with Bee armor. I also farmed a Necromancer's Soul, Phylactory, Minotaur skull, Worm Scarf and Frostspark Boots (Lightning works too) then I farmed up a bunch of summoning potions and had a summon altar. Make sure you get a looooooooong open area in hell (I used stone for the spreading of corruption/crimson and Hallow for farming souls later) then basically popped swiftness, regen, and ironskin. Mana Regen helps too so you can summon your imp to keep shooting at him.

Once you defeat him farm for bones and living fire so you can make yourself a new minion which will make things INFIINITELY easier. Beholder is good if you're in expert (those guys are nice against destroyer) so kill him after getting your new minion and spider armor.
Okey, my WoF fight was so easy, i had (probs tremor mod) meteorite summoner armor, and the meteorite staff, then i made the platform and went ahead :p
I now have the spider armor and spiderlings, about to go for the living fire blocks, if that summon is to OP, ill go with spiderlings (small challenge) and then with beholder minions. I'll be fine from now on, thanks!

Going to dump a little information I found about bosses not spawning in multiplayer.

-I'm currently doing a play through of both Thorium and Tremor with a friend.
-I'm the host of the server.
-I cannot spawn Thorium bosses, but my friend can.

It's honestly weird how one person can do a thing but another can't or if one does a thing it does a different thing for another. I can't even begin to imagine how Terraria's multiplayer works.

Okey, my WoF fight was so easy, i had (probs tremor mod) meteorite summoner armor, and the meteorite staff, then i made the platform and went ahead :p
I now have the spider armor and spiderlings, about to go for the living fire blocks, if that summon is to OP, ill go with spiderlings (small challenge) and then with beholder minions. I'll be fine from now on, thanks!
Lucky We tried micing the two but Tremor with Thorium would constantly make my friend get booted thanks to constant runtime exception errors that didn't exist so long as he was playing single player. But hey that might be a workaround for me if he can summon the bosses. We only tried having me do it because I was host.

Yeah, bug fixes, Terrarium is harder to get and more healing class items.
Out of curiosity is it possible to create new damage types? Like how we have melee, magic, ranged, throwing, summoning. Is it possible to make an entirely new one?

Can the Life Leech Coating apply to weapons like the Death Grip and Soul Cleaver?
You know, I just watched your newest vid and was laughing to myself... As you're talking about your confusion for no life steal with the Soul cleaver, you were constantly being healed by it. Pay attention boy!
[doublepost=1462127501,1462127355][/doublepost]
Out of curiosity is it possible to create new damage types? Like how we have melee, magic, ranged, throwing, summoning. Is it possible to make an entirely new one?
Technically... yes? But I wouldn't know how to make the weapon display what damage it actually does. If I made something like "light" damage or whatever, I could have items increase its damage, crit chance, effects that only occur with the damage and all that, but weapons wouldn't say "24 Light Damage" with my current knowledge. I could look into that if you had some ideas.

I was mostly curious because that could make for some more unique style of plays that would be custom made. Similar to how healing works. Like you know how Demon Blood weapons work? Now what if you made something similar based around a similar concept. Like let's say there was a sword that converted your health into blood damage but upon hitting an enemy you gain a buff that replenishes your health over time. So swinging wildly would drain your health but hitting things properly would heal you. Perhaps it could scale off your current health for damage while having something with a set bonus that increases your health even more but perhaps makes you more susceptible to damage in return.

Not the greatest concept but I hope you kinda get what I mean. It was mostly idle curiosity if a mechanic like that could even be created or not.

Back
Top Bottom